Church?

HedoRick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How many of you DJ's have quit going to church?

I have been going for years, but for some reason just recently realized that it doesen't do a man any good. I still was spinning plates and dating plenty of women... However, being a Christian certainly complicates things. False feelings of guilt certainly prevent you from enjoying certain things as much as one should..

I look around at all my "friends" at church. They are all hitched up to the most plain, boring, and fat girls.

The ones that are dating settle for plain chicks as well. These dudes practically worship their girlfriends and talk on the phone with them for hours.

Long story short, I see very few real men at church. Mostly, all I see is dudes whipped by mediocrity. I find that church is not a very masculine environment.

Any of you guys with church experience feel the same?

I am just glad that i've up and ended the cognitive dissonance. I am interested to hear your experiences as well...

yougottaknow90

Don Juan
Reaction score
I abandoned all forms of religion when I was ~16.

Not because it's not masculine, but because it's stupid. All of it.

Swampcamel

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nope. Don't do church. Ruined my last relationship because she started going to church and wanted me to go and I refused. Biggest reason is, yes, the people there drive me mad.

LearningSlowly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Spirituality is the art of achieving personal happiness. A truly successful man has to have some link to it.

But Christianity is generally idiotic. People who believe in the literal miracles are fools and I don't want them as friends. Christianity has a peaceful, community element, but it's too small to justify going to church. Find your own spirituality.

Zion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm an atheist since 16. And even when I wasn't I simply could not understand the point of wasting x hours / week in church.

Christianity has a peaceful, community element.
It has someof those elements. The end result of christianity however ,is extremism, and consequently , pointless hatred.

'love thy neighbor' (as long as he shares your beliefs).

But yea,if you walk about mediocrity , church is about as mediocre as it gets.

Brian Drake

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah, church chicks....

I've been a Christian since my 20s. Here is what I have learned:

Church chicks either put up a wall as soon as you start talking (because they think you're hitting on them, even if you're not); have a "spiritual standard" that is not only known only to them but includes a bar set so high a guy with a little edge on him (maybe, like me, he enjoys some Makers Mark and a cigar now and then--bad, bad, bad!) cannot reach it; they're waiting for Jesus / Boaz or some other combination of a "Godly man" that is more fiction than reality. They're socially stunted. They expect love at first sight. They expect to be catered to--they're the perpetual princess, "the bride", and want to live on a pedestal. They're "damaged" from other relationships and refuse to participate, and even if they do go out with you, dinner hasn't even arrived before they're talking about marriage, kids, "what are your intentions?", their depression pills, anxiety pills, ADD pills, bipolar pills, etc. (I had that happen twice!), and all you want to do is finish eating and ask for the check and get out.

So, yeah...church chicks suck.

As for church men being AFCs....well. Yes. They are. They are happy AFCs because that's what they're taught to be. Want to feel like a dinosaur? Be a Type A at church.

Boy this even makes ME want to quit church! I suppose it has it's good points, though.

HedoRick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been to many different types of churches in my life- anglican, "cowboy church" Assemblies of God, and most recently, Southern Baptist. After hanging around all of them, the similarities are just too much. Pretty much 95 percent of the dudes have extremely homely wives and girlfriends. Those girls also had a very lacking personality.

I noticed at one church, that guys past 30, fat, balding, all said that "God will send me a woman". They honestly believed that.

How about, get thy lard azz to a gym, learn a little game, and grow a pair... Novel concept for some it seems...

HedoRick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Bokanovsky

Banned
Reaction score
I believe in God but not in religion. Every major religion out there was conceived as a form of social control. Be obedient, do what the preacher man tells you, don't question what's written in holy book, pay your tithe and don't use your head too much. That's pretty much what religion boils down to.

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No more keyboard jockeying . Action is the place.
I believe in God myself, but I can't being myself to go to church. They just ask for you to do so much and I don't find it errr important. They just don't live in the real world, they are stuck in the olden days. And a lot of the Bible really conflicts with itself, I just cant wrap my head around that stuff anymore. Especially since I am in love with any form of science and scientific reasoning, that stuff really doesn't jive.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HedoRick said:
How many of you DJ's have quit going to church?
Don't know what church you are going to but most of the chicks at my church are nice hot young girls, they are civil, and you can approach and talk to them.

HedoRick said:
I have been going for years, but for some reason just recently realized that it doesen't do a man any good. I still was spinning plates and dating plenty of women... However, being a Christian certainly complicates things. False feelings of guilt certainly prevent you from enjoying certain things as much as one should..
Then you are going for all of the wrong reasons.

Hedorick said:
I look around at all my "friends" at church. They are all hitched up to the most plain, boring, and fat girls.
Maybe they see something with them that you don't.

Hedorick said:
The ones that are dating settle for plain chicks as well. These dudes practically worship their girlfriends and talk on the phone with them for hours.
Whatever rocks their boat. Why are you jealous if your friends are happy? If they were dating someone and they were not happy and putting up with nonsense then that is another story.

Hedorick said:
Long story short, I see very few real men at church. Mostly, all I see is dudes whipped by mediocrity. I find that church is not a very masculine environment.
You have to approach girls at church and have balls. That is what being a man is about. This is what I do. I was in a mediocre relationship so I dumped the girl. Now I talk to other girls. Nobody says anyone has to be whipped by mediocrity.

The Bible talks against mediocrity. It talks about finishing the race winning and triumphantly and to fight as a soldier that is not encumbered by this world. It is about winning the prize. But you have to be in the right race.

HedoRick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Point is, the churches I attended didn't have any girls worth approaching. I don't need "balls" to approach women I don't find physically attractive. I'm better served in bars and clubs.

Other dudes can saddle up with mediocrity, but that path is not for me.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can't do the religion/church thing. Everyone repeats, no one thinks for themselves, hopes are false, and the concept has been surpassed by human evolution and science. We live in a world governed by science and the direct correlation between you sitting on your ass and you actually making things happen.

Nothing is from above, everything lies within your hands.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I attend Quaker meetings at least once a month.

I'm definitely not looking to make cool friends or have sex with hot women. That is 180 degrees different than what church is for. OF COURSE you're going to be disappointed if that's what you're looking for. Don't even bother with spiritual search because it's not where you're at right now bro. You complain about if the same way you would a club that's not popping on a particular night.

My meeting is full of goofy hippie dudes who have never left the 60s and old lesbians who make me vegan cookies. Apparently we are treading the same path and that's what's most important. That's who I want to be around when I am contemplating God and his place and my life...people who are doing the same.

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
females in church are probably among the most hypocritical beings on the planet. chaste, virginal....my arse! most guys are afc however there is an Alpha...yeah, the guy at the front, he really knows the deal and dont think he isnt sampling the goods either, churches are full of sinners, thats why they go