Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Chubby Face

chickenlegs03

Banned
Reaction score
Okay, I'm not fat. But I have been bulking, and my BF has gone up a tiny bit, about 1%. Of course, I have also gained lean weight.

However, my issue is that my face has become chubby. Before this, I know I honestly got a lot of looks and attention from girls. I'm not insecure about my looks or anything, I just like being attractive...it makes the game a lot easier for me. So anyway, I've noticed that also when I am somewhat tired and my cheekbones show, that I get the same positive responses from women. Basically, I used to have fairly prominent cheek bones and a 'manly' face. Now that I've gained some weight, it seems a lot of it has showed up on my face, making it too round and my cheekbones are gone.

I'm 5'9" and 141lbs, with about 11.5% BF or so. I'm still thin as you can assume from those stats...although this is the heaviest and strongest I've ever been. Though my face is fairly chubby in proportion to my body..ya know what I mean?

My point is, is there any way I can lose/reduce just the fat on my face?

thanks for any advice

edit: by the way, I don't drink at all...and I eat quite healthy actually.

reyalp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
there's no way to spot reduce fat, other than surgery.

drop your sodium intake, drink plenty of water. if your chubby cheeks are related to water retention, those two should help you out a little.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
a bloated face comes with the package of 'eating to grow' - otherwise known as the pregnant look, which I happily sport um, most of the day actually. I feel insecure in the morning when I'm half the size.

is your face bloated in the morning? then you've got fat, and probably more than 1% since the face is generally the last place where fat is stored (and the first place for it to leave when you slim down). if it's not bloated in the morning then it's just temporary bloat thanks to the extra food intake.

keep on doing your training, watch your carbs, do your cardio, drink your green tea and be patient.

that's the thing with gaining weight.. you will pass a point where you're no longer attractive because your facial features change as well (check offseason bodybuilders), even though you're not necessarily getting fat, and this point will vary from person to person.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Luke!! said:
Are you a guy or a girl, no matter what i figure a bisexual. You say you have a boyfriend and want looks from girls... WTF?!?!?!?!?!
Stupid fvck. BF is babyfat. dumbass.

I agree with Reyalp in reducing your sodium intake and really chuggin the h2o (If I am wrong and you are bi-sexual chug c0ck). :D

chickenlegs03

Banned
Reaction score
thanks reyalp and warboss, those are some good points I will keep in mind. yeah, my face is bloated in the mornings I've noticed...nonetheless, I'll be patient. the sodium thing is interesting, I do consume a lot of it...I'll have to try to fix that.

btw, you other guys...lol. i'm a guy, of course. and bf is bodyfat, not baby fat or boyfriend, lol.

KillingTime

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
at 11% bodyfat your face shouldn't look fat, if that's the case then it's genetic
I've got it worse though, Ive dropped down to 6% bf and still had a completely round face.... imagine that, veins popping out of my arms and a double chin... looked odd to say the least

Im having facial liposuction done, only real way to get rid of it and it's a really minor outpatient procedure

rob686

Don Juan
Reaction score
Warboss Alex said:
a bloated face comes with the package of 'eating to grow' - otherwise known as the pregnant look, which I happily sport um, most of the day actually. I feel insecure in the morning when I'm half the size.

is your face bloated in the morning? then you've got fat, and probably more than 1% since the face is generally the last place where fat is stored (and the first place for it to leave when you slim down). if it's not bloated in the morning then it's just temporary bloat thanks to the extra food intake.

keep on doing your training, watch your carbs, do your cardio, drink your green tea and be patient.

that's the thing with gaining weight.. you will pass a point where you're no longer attractive because your facial features change as well (check offseason bodybuilders), even though you're not necessarily getting fat,and this point will vary from person to person.

How do the facial features change bro, if it's lean body mass gained and very litttle (or zero) fat gain? Are you implying that the facial muscles grow too, making one's face look rounded and less defined ? Or perhaps bloat/water retention is our culprit?

chickenlegs03

Banned
Reaction score
KillingTime said:
at 11% bodyfat your face shouldn't look fat, if that's the case then it's genetic
I've got it worse though, Ive dropped down to 6% bf and still had a completely round face.... imagine that, veins popping out of my arms and a double chin... looked odd to say the least

Im having facial liposuction done, only real way to get rid of it and it's a really minor outpatient procedure
I have trouble believing it's genetic because my face used to be so defined before.

Yeah, I know what you mean...it's very strange, because for me, before I started to bulk I was about 10.7% BF. My abs were flabbier and I felt a little fat around the waist...now I'm actually heavier, with a tiny bit more BF, but my stomach is much leaner than before.

I don't know about going to lipo, but I'm going to try the basic remedies for now to see if it helps. Good luck to you.

TheLazy

Don Juan
Reaction score
these are some reasons that could contribute to puffy face

- excessive intake of sodium
- possible lactose intolerance
- allergy of some sort
- recently threw up

Doggystyle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Every ones different and store fat in different places. My friends got a huge belly and a chisled looking face, others have a chubby face with brilliant abs. Just go lower your body fat, eat loads and loads of protien and lower the carbs.

Hockey Playa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
for the record there is such things as facial exercises out there, promising you to lose weight in your face, get better cheeckbones or whatever, ive tried some of them they were ok, i dunno how much i belive in them though. Plus sitting there moving your face is reallly boring.

TheLazy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hockey Playa said:
for the record there is such things as facial exercises out there, promising you to lose weight in your face, get better cheeckbones or whatever, ive tried some of them they were ok, i dunno how much i belive in them though. Plus sitting there moving your face is reallly boring.
yes i have seen those excercises, but sadly there is no such thing as "spot reduction"

Phrost

Don Juan
Reaction score
TheLazy said:
these are some reasons that could contribute to puffy face

- excessive intake of sodium
- possible lactose intolerance
- allergy of some sort
- recently threw up
how does lactose intolerance contribute to puffy face? time for me to cut down on milk then, what are some good alternatives to milk?

green69

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have had similar concerns actually. I've put on about 8 pounds of weight in the last 6 months, almost all of it I'm sure is muscle. Sometimes I look at my face and it seems normal, then other times I look at it and my cheeks seem puffy. It's like it comes and goes.

I too am concerned that weight training is gradually making my face chubbier. I am about 10% body fat, and I have about an average face in terms of shape. Not chubby, but not gaunt either. If you think about it logically, if you're only gaining muscle mass with no fat gains, then in theory your face shouldn't get any wider. Or are there facial muscles that increase in size if you're weight lifting on a regular basis? Regardless, I am trying my hardest to not gain any fat whatsoever, in fear that that extra pound or two of unwanted fat will appear on my face. A nice, clean, prominent face with defined cheekbones and jawline is much better than a rounded puffy face.

Vomiting is also a big reason for puffy cheeks. When you throw up, the acidity does damage to your salivary glands. This causes your face to swell up to a certain degree. This varies from person to person of course, but it was one of the things that made my face seem more chubby at certain time periods than others. Frequent and consistent vomiting can result in permanent damage to these glands, which make your face seem chubby. So beware...

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have the same thing.

When I hit the showers after an intense workout, i notice my face seems really gaunt and features more prominent. Now, what happens in an intense workout? You sweat. Your body fluids go way down.

- In my case, "slightly" chubbier face is from water retention.

- My sodium intake is extremely low. The only source I get it from is salted butter that I cook with daily. Other sources are likely negligable.