Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Chicks love guitars

pilot0001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a guitar player but have focused primarily on electric, distortion, etc. Chicks dig guitars, no doubt about it. I want to learn a few songs on accoustic that would be good party songs, and ones the chicks would love. Any ideas?

icepick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
'Drive' by Incubus has a cool acoustic riff, and if you wanna play the fag singer angle (j/k) you can sing along, simple words.

You can use the I-IV-V cadence (or variations thereof) to play many popular songs. (We all know chicks like songs they recognize!)

Or you can make up your own sh*t just throwing together arpeggios and key modulations, sounds impressive, and if you got some drunk people, they can sing along, it gets funny!

A classic acoustic bit, though many our age may not recognize it, is 'Spanish Fly' by Van Halen. I love playing that!

'Street Spirit' by Radiohead is cool for the stoner chicks. Simple stuff, but again, sounds impressive.

There are many classical songs that adapt nicely to guitar.

Well, I could go on all day, but I guess it don't matter what you play, as long as you got that "inner DJ", lol!

Mr. Latte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Street Spirit takes no more than 10-15 minutes to learn, but it SOUNDS complicated...definately impresses people. Same with "Cherub Rock" by The Smashing Pumpkins. If you're not too technical a player, try learning easier versions of songs....almost ANY rock song can be played using power cords (as easy as it comes), and sounds exactly the same as the original...you can pick up a song in 5-10 minutes, easy

Miles Davis

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What I find works is, PLAY WHATEVER YOU WANT MAN

I do this for a while, I get really into it. Then the girl asks if you'll play a song she wants to hear. Then I tease her a bit and keep playin my tunes. "Oh so you like that one? Well, maybe." I'll play it in a short while later, and I feel like a fvcking star :)

It's definitely good to have a solid repertoire of songs you can play. Everyday, learn a couple songs. Listen to the radio, and find stuff that you like. Learn stuff that chicks tend to like also. I am not a fan of John Mayer, but I notice a lot girls will be at your command if you play a song of his. So for the sake of getting ass, try it out.

Good luck man! Fun times ahead ;)

The Bishop

Don Juan
Reaction score
From my experiences the girls love it when i play Incubus and Foo Fighters on the acoustic. Try "Pardon me (the acoustic version is 3x better)" and "Stellar (same)" by incubus and "Everlong" and "My hero" by Foo Fighters

Miles Davis

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh, the other day, I played and sang Times Like These (acoustic) by Foo Fighters. The girl loved it.

Try that one out for sure, it's easy.
D Ami C Em for the verse, C Em D for the chorus

and about that "fag singer angle" thing, if you can play guitar AND sing? daayum, you've certainly got it made.

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you can play guitar and solo all day without even thinking.. whatever you do don't talk to a chick on the phone and play your guitar at the same time. I've tried this and it pissess every girl off.

It does have it's uses for when they start to talk about other guys though.

pilot0001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I know what you mean about needing to have a solid repertoire of songs. I've spent sooooooooo much time working on technique and just "playing by ear" that I know hundreds of songs in part, but only a couple ones from beginning to finish. I figure that is my next step. Put together some songs I can present.

What are some better ways to remember lyrics? Someone told me (in reference to long speaches) to break it down into several speaches instead of one long one. But I still tend to remember only the first verse.

Miles Davis

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I play by ear too, it's actually much more efficient and beneficial musically than reading tabs all day long, so don't look at it as a hindrance. That work put into technique will make learning complete songs a cakewalk.

Lyrics can be a b*tch. What I do, although it sounds a little tacky, is really try to understand them and take em in. Most lyrics are AFC, but if you can understand what they're trying to communcate, the memorization will follow without a problem.

icepick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aw sh*t! How could I forget this one:

"What I Got" by Sublime. Easy, many people know some words, (get the crowd involved) and has a nice little solo in it too, where you get to "play the ge-tar like a mutha f*ckin riot"!

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by pilot0001
I'm a guitar player but have focused primarily on electric, distortion, etc. Chicks dig guitars, no doubt about it. I want to learn a few songs on accoustic that would be good party songs, and ones the chicks would love. Any ideas?
Crazy on You - Heart
La Villa Strangiato - Rush
I Will Buy You A New Life - Everclear

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i should point out that if you think you are going to get a good girl from playing guitar or being in a band you are dead wrong. I'm in a band and i meet girls all the time. but they are all the wrong type of girls. none of them can be trusted.

Anytime i meet a nice girl on a date i make sure never to tell her that i'm in a band. Good girls will just write you off and you will have to prove your worth to them.

TinyDancer

Don Juan
Reaction score
00Kevin...None of them can be trusted? What are you talking about?! There are tons of girls that are both good and trustworthy who would also fully appreciate a musical guy. Playing guitar while you talk pisses every girl off? It doesn't piss guys off when I do it. What is going on here? What kind of girls are you talking to :eek: If music is a big part of your life you should definitely be upfront with it, if a girl would write you off because you are in a band she clearly isn't the right type of girl either. And besides, I don't see how just being in a band makes you someone to write off. With the way I was raised, It would be difficult for me to imagine ever being with a guy who didn't feel as strongly for music as I did...or at least one who's vinyl collection didn't rival mine :D haha... and I could easily find you at least ten girls who feel the same way.

IDMeansNothing

Don Juan
Reaction score
Pilot - just go with what you know. Sit down with an acoustic and start throwing some patterns together...chord progressions, finger picking, whatever. Get a few of your own patterns under your belt for acoustic stuff. Playing by ear rocks. One of the most ridiculous things in the world to me is seeing somebody (girls unfortunately are really guilty of this, only because more of them play the piano) playing the piano beautifully until you remove the sheet music from in front of them. Then they can't play a note, even though they may have been playing Rachmaninov for years!

Fransico, I just have to interject here... LaVilla!!!! OMG Dude. Do you really think that a most chicks will even follow it? Mind you, it is the most awesome song in my book. The live version from Exit Stage Left is my fave of all time. Bar none. My strat and I absolutely love playing it. I personally believe it takes a pretty sharp chick with a love of music to appreciate Rush. Anyway, nice choice. The beginning of Trees or Closer to the Heart, Xanadu or bits of 2112...Anyway, you see where I'm coming from. I learned almost everything I know (guitar!) from listening to Lifeson and Page.

Back to Pilot...again man, with your electric, mellow it way out, use a little reverb and slight delay, maybe a tiny hint of phase, but NO distortion. Drop your fingers on the frets and start hunting for those Eric Johnson chord patterns. You be da man!

Tiny, I've a lot of vinyl. A shame no turntable anymore. I have some really awesome tunes like Bill Nelson/BeBop Deluxe, Roy Buchanan, even a lot of Windham Hill label stuff that I wish everyday I could listen to. I guess I should come off a Ben Franklin and get turntable, huh?

Tiny and Girly - it really is nice to know you are out there.

Nuff said for now. I understand the point about groupie chicks, but there are plent of them out there too that actually appreciate music and talent, a la Tiny and Girly.

Rock on my brother!

Blaaaaat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alot of guitar players around here! Good :)

I only play extreme metal, that's not a good way to impress chicks. To bad... :D

Well, i can always play Desolate Ways - Morbid Angel, it's a beautifull acoustic song from one of the greatest Death Metal bands ever, hmm, maybe som Clapton from my earlier years...

MattK

Don Juan
Reaction score
Learn some Counting Crows songs, that should get them every time.

MDgood

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
East Middle North America, near the water.
Originally posted by pilot0001
Oh, yeah, I'm a guitarist and I had to use the guitar to get this girl.

The short story is that before our first date she kept telling me she definitely wasn't interested in a boyfriend or anything serious with any guy. Definite problem there, because I really wanted to be with her. But what to do? I knew she had an acoustic guitar in her apartment, so before I went out with her the first time I learned a few real simple songs, songs with like three to four chords and with which the lyrics could be muffed up and she wouldn't notice. I picked classic songs like "Sitting on the Dock of the Bay", "When a Man Loves a Woman", "Pretty Woman", etc.

It worked like a charm :) We dated for 2 years, I almost married her, then I had to dump her, now we may get back together, but that's another story.

You can pick more current songs, but if you screw them up she may notice more. Again, in my case I picked songs that she thought she knew and could sing along to.

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TinyDancer
00Kevin...None of them can be trusted? What are you talking about?! There are tons of girls that are both good and trustworthy who would also fully appreciate a musical guy. Playing guitar while you talk pisses every girl off? It doesn't piss guys off when I do it. What is going on here? What kind of girls are you talking to :eek: If music is a big part of your life you should definitely be upfront with it, if a girl would write you off because you are in a band she clearly isn't the right type of girl either. And besides, I don't see how just being in a band makes you someone to write off. With the way I was raised, It would be difficult for me to imagine ever being with a guy who didn't feel as strongly for music as I did...or at least one who's vinyl collection didn't rival mine :D haha... and I could easily find you at least ten girls who feel the same way.
well that is good to hear. I'm just making generalizations based on my experience so far. what i said is more of a warnning than anything. I will also say that i have made the mistake of letting a girl know that i'm in a band. It paints a bad image of you and that isn't what i want. Most dates are very short and they are all about impressions not facts.

here is a link to my bands first song. it isn't mixed correctly and it only sounds good on a kick ass system. there are alot of revisions needed, but if you like distortion and stuff it's good. I think the intro is rather girly though. the singer in my band looks like emenem.

http://www.adfive.com/Nothing01.mp3

this song is about being a dj (nothing for nothing.. ) :)
if you like it let me know.

Miles Davis

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by IDMeansNothing
Drop your fingers on the frets and start hunting for those Eric Johnson chord patterns. You be da man!

I second that! Eric Johnson is the man! One song I find awesome is "Manhattan," so smooth. The way he caresses that fretboard....damn.