Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

chicks dig a tight ass

Phoenix_of_the_ashes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Skilla_Staz said:
I think stopping at parellel hurts my knees more than ATG. Something about stopping the movement halfway just screams "ouch" to me. Plus, with my tendinitis, after that initial first rep of ATG, i feel loose and very little pain. When I stop at ||, then I hurt...

BAD.
Its simple physics. At 90 degrees between lever and force the momentum has its maximum because it depends on the sine of the angle.

If you stop at 90 degrees you are going to **** up your knee.

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The heavier the weight and lower you go on a squat the more pressure on your knees...no bullsh!t theories here...

WTF is this @ss to the grass bullsh!t, 90 degrees and slightly lower or higher is a full squat you @ssholes, any lower with heavy weight and your gonna fkuc your sh!t up...(also its obvious most of you don't know sh!t about what the fkcu your doing in the gym, the lower you go the more your back has to tilt putting the wrong type of pressure on your spine)

don't believe me ? take the advice of these d!cks and see how your knee's and back feel afterwards, while rolling around in your new wheel chair.

Oh sorry, I forgot to include the bar. squat is 437, not 400.
how the fkuc are you increasing the weight ?? 400 lbs ?? why are you using 5lb plates ?? i thought the bar weighs 45lbs ? what kind you using ??

dj ben2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
these days its so fu<king hard to find sum1 with good advice ...... my lower back is already edgy from my teen days when i didnt know **** about lifting things i want pro advice no theories unless u know what ur talking about please dont post

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by WBA
~440 is a decent lift but doesn't mean a whole lot if you're not going down as low as you can, as even an inch makes a massive amount of difference in the weight you can lift. Sorry bro, it's just my opinion on squatting. Squat all the way down or don't squat at all.
I suppose it's a problem then, that my rack doesn't let me go below a certain height; there's a steel bar in the way. I go as far down as I can without touching the guard, which i noted at one point is midway between ass-->grass and 90º...Oh well, I do my best with what I've got.

Originally posted by Drum&Bass
Oh sorry, I forgot to include the bar. squat is 437, not 400.
how the fkuc are you increasing the weight ?? 400 lbs ?? why are you using 5lb plates ?? i thought the bar weighs 45lbs ? what kind you using ??
Putting two and two together, the bar would appear to weigh 37lbs.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hes saying the typical olympic bar weighs 45lbs. By stating that the "new squat numbers" are 437 after a previous 400, that would leave a 37lb bar. Thats not normal bar weight. Hence
what kind you using ??

manuva

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drum&Bass said:
The heavier the weight and lower you go on a squat the more pressure on your knees...no bullsh!t theories here...

WTF is this @ss to the grass bullsh!t, 90 degrees and slightly lower or higher is a full squat you @ssholes, any lower with heavy weight and your gonna fkuc your sh!t up...(also its obvious most of you don't know sh!t about what the fkcu your doing in the gym, the lower you go the more your back has to tilt putting the wrong type of pressure on your spine)

don't believe me ? take the advice of these d!cks and see how your knee's and back feel afterwards, while rolling around in your new wheel chair.

Why the hostility?

And no, 'slightly higher' than parallel is not a squat. Any clown can put weight on their back and bend their knees.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drum&Bass said:
you seem to place a premium on 4 letter words. describing how the knees work mechanically is the only theory that's relevant here. calling the most experienced lifters on this board names does not persuade.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dj ben2 said:
these days its so fu<king hard to find sum1 with good advice ...... my lower back is already edgy from my teen days when i didnt know **** about lifting things i want pro advice no theories unless u know what ur talking about please dont post
LOL! Good luck with that... nobody on this forum is shy about sharing opinions, no matter how ill-founded or ill-informed. If you're worried about form, find someone to work with you in person -- but be warned: there's no way to guarantee that THEY know what they're talking about either.

Guess you'll just have to make up your own damn mind: parallel or beyond. The choice is yours alone. Try 'em both, but recognize that you won't be able to lift as much with a full, deep squat as you can squatting to parallel. That alone buys your knees protection. Either way, don't bounce at the bottom, and always do it under control. But that goes for any lift.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
manuva said:
Why the hostility?

And no, 'slightly higher' than parallel is not a squat. Any clown can put weight on their back and bend their knees.

I don't get you people. This guy doesn't deserve further help. All he deserves is a backhand across his young snot of a face and pity shakes of our heads for being so ignorant and lacking social graces. And no not the form of ignorant that means rude that comes from ghetto speak.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dj ben2 said:
That's right. Talk sh1t to us when you're the one who fvcked up your back being a fool.