Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Chest Muscles

Devilman

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am hoping some of u guys might be able to help me with a problem i've had for a few years, it started happening once i started making good gains from lifting a few years back.

But the problem is that my left chest (Pectoralis) is really weak compared to my right side, and it's rather a bother now, and my body is really messed up lol cause now to make up for it i now have bigger triceps on my left arm than on my right...... it's like the left chest is weak so my triceps took over.... but it still affects my lifts because 100%! of the time i do any chest excerise every time i fail a set it's always cause of my left side... like when i bench the right side will be up in the air while the left cant give any more and i fail the set.

i feel it has really messed with my chest progress cause if my left side was as strong as the right i think i would benching 120 kg's(264 ib's) now np. My right chest is always going strong while the left fails.

and it's really noticable, like i u seen me walk down the street and payed attention to me you'd notice the difference in my chest msucles. FFS! my right looks like a proper muscly pec while my left looks like a man boob lol.....it's not cool lol

the problem is right now i am cutting so i cant really put any muscle on now to help resolve the problem, but after i am finshed cutting i really wanna sort this problem out once and for all.... so if any of u guys got any ideas i am listening lol

Jimbo2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Im not expert or anything near it, infact Im a novice, but wouldnt it be smart to do an extra set of a chest excersize that targets just the left side? Dont ask me which exersize that may be.

Hopefully someone else more knowlegable can help/elaborate?

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My left peck is huge compared to my right [even though I'm fairly out of shape atm]. I think the best idea is to work on your form - thats probably the crux of it. Also, use some dumbels on that specific side and pay more attention to getting it up to scratch.

good luck man

Ben

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
a) Fix your form, you shouldn't grow disproportionaltely if you're using the right form.

b) try the dumbbell. You can do inclines, flats, and declines all with single dumbbells, and just keep your right side at a maintenance, or even sacrifice a little strength in it, (do the same weight you do with your left side) and concentrate on building that left side.

MrFitness880

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you're young, its not uncommon to have disproportionate body symmetry early on

dumbells will help, but i really wouldnt worry. if you stick with it things will even out

how about some pics so we can see just what you're talking about - might not be as bad as you think.

[look]aRhino

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with the others.

I would skip bench for a little while, and do all sorts of chest/shoulder/tricep exercises with just dumbells. Use the same weight and the same number of reps, and eat enough to gain muscle.

That way you know the muscles are being worked out the same amount, so the weaker one will eventually catch up to the stronger.

Just grab a slightly lighter weight, and do everything you do with a barbell now, with a dumbell

rhino

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just grab a slightly lighter weight, and do everything you do with a barbell now, with a dumbell
I have to say, a lot less than what you'd put on a barbell, dumbels imo take more work.

Sorry to point that out, I just got the mental image of a 185lbs dumbel... :D

napoleon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Switch to dumbells, or when with a barbell concentrate and think of the weaker side.
NEVER work out with just 1 db. It should even out with time.
I have the same problem so when benching I push harder with my weaker chest and only stabilaze with the stronger.

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Now I'm no expert... but lifting harder with the other arm? that also doesnt seem like a good idea, you shouldnt need to do that if your form is good.

Just seems like an unsafe action from my point of view, it wouldnt be the first time I've been wrong though, heh

Devilman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey thanks alot guys for the awesome responses! =)

my current chest routine goes like this

Bench press
Dumbell:bench press
Incline: dumbell bench press
dumbell Flys

i use a pyamaid system 2 x 10 reps, then 1 x 5 reps and then 1 x 3 reps, while increasing the weight. i do this for each excerise

i've been using this for about 10 weeks now, the problem wasnt as bad when i started to do weights again that was like 14 weeks ago, both chest muscles grew together but then lefty kinda packed it in lol. Right now my bench press form is sh1te as a result of the problem, the rights doing all the work cause if it wasnt i wouldnt be able to lift the weight i guess i could take it down a bit and start a new type of thing

and the dumbell excerises r mad lol, my left cant push past 7-5 reps, while my right isnt even stained lol, it's pretty messed up. Ofcourse i stop when lft fails it's not like i keep pushing with the right

hey MrFitness880 i have some pics from like 5 weeks ago,
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/william.byrne43/will2.jpg
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/william.byrne43/will3.jpg
i've lost 7 kg's (15.4ib's) since then because i am cutting atm. so i look like sh1t in those pics, i think my chest problem is probably more noticable now that i have lost some weight, i dotn really care about the fact it looks werid i am more pissed thats it's messing with my potential gains.....Since i am cutting i dont think i can do to much about this problem now but once i am finshed i wanna sort it out