Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Check out this fight! Ouch!

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just another example of how, in general, there is an inverse relationship between the effectiveness of a technique and how fancy-looking it is.

vatoloco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kerpal said:
Just another example of how, in general, there is an inverse relationship between the effectiveness of a technique and how fancy-looking it is.
QFT

Earlier this year at work there was some kind of martial arts demo in one of the lawns. I approach and it was very similar to what the guy was doing (what's it called anyway?) Based on the training I've received, all those flailing arms and legs are prime targets for me to lock/break. :D

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hope you guys don't think thats REAL. Its a scene from a movie called never back down with Djimon Hounsou.

I approach and it was very similar to what the guy was doing (what's it called anyway?) Based on the training I've received, all those flailing arms and legs are prime targets for me to lock/break.
There is a reason why there are arms flailing and it looks like a flashy spectacle....ITS SUPPOSE TO LOOK LIKE THAT !!!! ITS A DANCE !!!!

Your suppose to look at it and appreciate the movement and extravagance of the movements ! Your not suppose to climb into an MMA ring and use it in a real fight.
there is an inverse relationship between the effectiveness of a technique and how fancy-looking it is.
this is random...especially if your using that analogy for the video which is comparing apples to oranges.

Using a powerclean technique to lift a barbell off the floor looks fancy to someone who doesn't know how to powerclean. Does that negate its efficiency ?

vatoloco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drum&Bass said:
hope you guys don't think thats REAL. Its a scene from a movie called never back down with Djimon Hounsou
Haha! Thanks for the link. Now I know that 1) this is fake and that 2) it's called Capoeira.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drum&Bass said:
Using a powerclean technique to lift a barbell off the floor looks fancy to someone who doesn't know how to powerclean. Does that negate its efficiency ?
Huh? I'm talking about martial arts techniques. But I agree with you on the dancing thing... if you want to dance, fine, dance away. But don't call it fighting, it's not.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well its staged cause its in that movie Never Back Down but if you notice you see the actual movie camera on the top right somewhere near the end of the video, meaning this is just someone who brought their own camera to film the scene while it was being made for the actual film. In the actual film its more of a close up on the black guy when he's doing his flips.