Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Chat Room Suggestions

SoSuave.com

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm well aware that some would like to have the chat room back (although a few posting their "love" for the chat room weren't even around when the chat was here, so.....)

It's been about 2 months now. Perhaps the whiners and complainers have moved on. What I'd like in this thread is specific suggestions on how to make the chat room better than it was before.

It should be a positive, helpful, and fun place. Not a negative, depressing, insulting, whining, flaming, waste of time.

If it's not going to be any better or more popular than it was before, then I really have no desire to bring it back.

And I won't spend a lot of time monitoring or worrying about the chat room. Only a miniscule percentage of people who visit this site will actually use it. I have to spend my time figuring out ways to please "most" of my visitors.

Censor - definitely. Moderators - probably. What else?

sneaker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
a happy place... put some pretty flowers in there.

moderators is all you really need and some sort of anti-spam thing in there

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by sosuave.com:
Oh... and I have yet to receive the pictures of Ms Thang's boobies that I was promised.
Ms Thang went into hiding immediately after my offer. Apparently she wasn't too keen of my generosity. Glad you finally said something.

My suggestion...require that anyone wanting to use the chat room has to use the same name as they do in the forum if you can do that. It will eliminate the majority of the problems. This might even make it possible to "self-police" the chat since people are less apt to troll if they have to do so with their forum identity.

( @ )( @ )

I think Ms Thang's are bigger than this, but they will just have to do...

future marine

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i was wondering where Ms.thang went. Anywayz
i agree with wyldfire with ithe idea of being required to use forum names. was uub coding ever enabled in the chat room? if it wasnt than it should be enabled so people can post helpful links. i dont think people can post inaproprate links in the chat room if thats what you are worried about because of the senseroing. thank you for responding about the issue of the chat room.

------------------
pain is weakness leaving the body

a good offensie is better than than the best defensive

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Not only could you just copy and paste links and have them show up in the list of links on a drop down menu, but you could also *fart*....among other things.

future marine

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
from the looks of it it seems that i missed out on some good things. here is another idea that i think is good. i dont know if it was already in the old one or not but you all should add a whisper function meaning that you could whisper to people. i got this idea from the diablo 2 chat room. by typing /w* whatever username then they would be the only one that could hear whatever itis you are trying to say. just a thought tho

------------------

De La Soul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Allen!

It appears you are alive after all! Since you're probably looking in this thread could you please answer my question in the thread: "Moderator/Site Creator Question" (in Anything Else). Thanks,

De La Soul

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, he wasn't kidnapped and enslaved by Amazons afterall. And here I thought he'd turn up in a make shift toga with shackles on his ankles. Oh wait! That's what happened to him the last time he came over to MY place...

(yes, the chat had whisper.)

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, Gio, you know what they say about folks with simple minds....

they are easily entertained.

chuck+

Don Juan
Reaction score
I can see myself using it a few times a week -- and I'd probably pop in when I check the forums each day.

I'm familiar with the problems chats have on forum community sites -- basically, as an end-user, what is needed most is calm, cool-headed moderators/chat ops. If we're going to have mods/ops in there, they can give advice, but it would be nice if we could rely on them to not pass judgement and start mocking peoples questions or making fun of them because they made a typo.

Negative things like that -- while are acceptable in normal conversation (because body language & tone show it's not meant to be hostile) -- really hurt chat rooms.

That's pretty much it. I think it could be a huge success as long as everyone's considerate and civil.

just my 2 cents.

Jester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the mods should only be allowed to ban or kick flooders and flamewar starters.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jester:
the mods should only be allowed to ban or kick flooders and flamewar starters.
The only problem with mods in a chat room is that if there is a disagreement between a mod and another person in "real time" there is going to be A LOT more potential for frivolous booting and banning in the heat of the moment. If Allen goes with mods he needs to choose them very carefully. Personally, if the chat room can be made private with login with reserved names as a requirement, I don't think there would be much of a need for banning. Any mods should only be able to boot, NOT ban. Banning should be up to Allen to decide.

future marine

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i agree with wyldfire, that you should be required to login with your user name and that mods should be allowed to boot people from chat room. i thind thats suceffecnt if you ask me. becided the people here are alot better behaved here than at girlproblems.com so i dont think that there should be too many problems

------------------

Jester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the thing is about that, its just not possible, or atleast impractical.

The only way to enforce that would be to match IPs with the username of the forum's database and the usernames of the chat's database. That would be a slow process and the non-posters that register a chatroom name would be very confused when they werent allowed to enter the cte chatroom anymore.

Just not very practical. On the otherhand, Ops with some power would be.that power would have to be checked by allen and by ops reviewing each other.

Kicking is ineffective, its not a threat and doing it wouldnt stop anything. Ban is a necessity, without ban there would be no difference from when ops are in the room to when they are not.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jester:
the thing is about that, its just not possible, or atleast impractical.

The only way to enforce that would be to match IPs with the username of the forum's database and the usernames of the chat's database. That would be a slow process and the non-posters that register a chatroom name would be very confused when they werent allowed to enter the cte chatroom anymore.

Just not very practical. On the otherhand, Ops with some power would be.that power would have to be checked by allen and by ops reviewing each other.

Kicking is ineffective, its not a threat and doing it wouldnt stop anything. Ban is a necessity, without ban there would be no difference from when ops are in the room to when they are not.
Jester, I'm pretty sure that being required to log in with a reserved user name and password would work just fine. Anyone wanting to use chat but not post on the forum can easily submit a username and password to Allen for him to set up.

Ledoyen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
1. The chatroom should only be open on certain times for only a few hours and not every day. Make it 2-3 times a week (longing for the chat room is better than having it available all the time). If Allen decides to have a Mod in the chatroom it will be a lot easier to control it when it only open for a few hours.

2. There should be a drop down menu with all the chat sounds.

3. Only registered users should be able to log on to the chatroom.

4. Censor

5. Since Wyldfire lied about Ms Thang's boobies it's now up to her if she wants the chatroom back, Just show us your boobies and the chatroom will be back in no time!

------------------
"I learned that a great leader is a man who has the ability to get other people to do what they don't want to do and like it."

MSN: jath84@hotmail.com

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ledoyen:
1. The chatroom should only be open on certain times for only a few hours and not every day. Make it 2-3 times a week (longing for the chat room is better than having it available all the time). If Allen decides to have a Mod in the chatroom it will be a lot easier to control it when it only open for a few hours.

4. Censor

5. Since Wyldfire lied about Ms Thang's boobies it's now up to her if she wants the chatroom back, Just show us your boobies and the chatroom will be back in no time!

What do you think this is, Mardi Gras? Figure the odds...

Raoul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ledoyen:

4. Censor

1. Not everyone on this board is on the same timezone, bad idea.

2. Err......simple pleasures...?
3. Yup
4. Yup
5. I thought Halloween was in October?

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Raoul:
1. Not everyone on this board is on the same timezone, bad idea.

2. Err......simple pleasures...?
3. Yup
4. Yup
5. I thought Halloween was in October?
I'll have you know that I have FVCKING AWESOME tits...but there ain't enough money to get me to show them...