Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Challenging a Pook theory

Rubirosa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Disclaimer : The Book of Pook is my favorite seduction literature on the web. I wholeheartily agree with all all it except this one issue-

Pook states that as he got more muscular, the chicks he pulled became hotter. He seems to have a very anti skinny philosophy. To him, skinny means feminine chump

I would like to be skinny as in "male model type skinny", although at 5'10" or so, I do not have model height....

I just like the look of how my clothes hang/look when I'm at my lightest.
I also feel sexually stronger when I'm skinnier

Right now I have a "middleweight boxer slacking off on training look".....broad shoulders, muscular arms, but my waist is around 35".

I do not look skinny....If I could compare my body look to anyone famous....It would be Thomas Jane's in "The Punisher" , although I'm not that buff as him.

I'm curious about opinions....What do you think attracts chicks more (Assume a character with the same face and height)....
A skinny/strong body (ala Bruce Lee), or an "Arnold" body ?

(P.S. I haven't been updating my thread in the fitness section because the tournament got postphoned until Summer)

Greasy Pig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had the most success when I was looking fit.
I've never been "buff" with rippling abs and bulging biceps, but when I'm fit, I lose flab from my jawline and my clothes look better.
I try to stay around 95kg or less. Anything up around 100kg and the pvssy is nowhere near as easy to come by.

So I'd say looking fit and healthy should be most people's goal, aim for a square jaw and toned, hard arms.
I'm sure chicks dig big muscly guys like The Rock but I'm never going to look like that.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude you are about 1 inch taller than me. a 36 is fat to me. that's nto fit whatsoever. 34 to me is big. my walking around / normal size is a 31/32 depending on the cut of jeans.

I like clothes that fit tight and i like to look like i work out, i have a very defined stomach/ chest / arms but i'm not jay culter or antyhing and i refuse to get that big or even try becuase i like clothes to much and i like wearing small clothes.

women think i'm sexy/ hot more than when i was just skinny. every once in a while women look at me and just star or laugh or get red faced. that never happened to me when i was just skinny. not that long ago we went to a swim party and I took my shirt off to get in the pool and my wife made me put it back on as EVERY woman was looking at me. that did not happen when i was just skinny.

you need to lose some weight and add some mass. and yes you can do both. honeslty at 36 and 5'9 dude that's chubby.

http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/4821/poser12122008aw5.jpg

that's actaully not very far from how i look though myarms aren't that big. and i'm 5'8, 32 wast and 172 pounds. i assure you women dig it. even now let me throw on a polo shirt and just go out women look.

Rubirosa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
dude you are about 1 inch taller than me. a 36 is fat to me. that's nto fit whatsoever. 34 to me is big. my walking around / normal size is a 31/32 depending on the cut of jeans.

I like clothes that fit tight and i like to look like i work out, i have a very defined stomach/ chest / arms but i'm not jay culter or antyhing and i refuse to get that big or even try becuase i like clothes to much and i like wearing small clothes.

women think i'm sexy/ hot more than when i was just skinny. every once in a while women look at me and just star or laugh or get red faced. that never happened to me when i was just skinny. not that long ago we went to a swim party and I took my shirt off to get in the pool and my wife made me put it back on as EVERY woman was looking at me. that did not happen when i was just skinny.

you need to lose some weight and add some mass. and yes you can do both. honeslty at 36 and 5'9 dude that's chubby.

http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/4821/poser12122008aw5.jpg

that's actaully not very far from how i look though myarms aren't that big. and i'm 5'8, 32 wast and 172 pounds. i assure you women dig it. even now let me throw on a polo shirt and just go out women look.
LOL, Don't be too hard on me youngster !!! You're only 28. I had a twenty nine inch waist until I was 30, and I didn't do that much cardio, plus I drank lots of beer.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rubirosa, you're close to my age. I don't seem to remember it being so important back in the 60s, 70s, and 80s that a guy have a big, muscular, bodybuilding type body. I don't think there were as many gyms in business at the time either. I think the big muscular look for guys is in style right now, where it wasn't so much before. Does this match your memory, or am I just wrong?

I mean muscles were always popular, but it was more like Michael Landon muscular, not "I'm a juicing douchebag" type of muscular. And the guys who lifted were fewer and farther between.

That said, I do think women prefer a big, muscular body on a guy. But it's not needed, and there are other looks they go for. It's good to be in shape, regardless.

Pook said he wrote for and about himself, so I don't think he ever intended what he wrote to apply to everyone. Some of what he says resonates with me, and some misses the mark. I actually think his "skinny guy" post is one of the worst he's ever written. Because I don't even believe it's true, I think he made it up. It's not that I don't think he got more attention from girls after he bulked up. It's that it's too neat and linear:

He starts out and he can only get fatties. Then he puts on 10 lbs. of muscles, and suddenly HB6s are attracted to him. Then he puts on 10 more lbs. and now the HBs are noticing him. And so on. It's all too neat and clean.

I noticed almost no difference in the reaction I got from girls after I started lifting weights. I could get hot girls when I was skinny, and I could get hot girls after. I mean, it's a numbers game, I'm not saying every girl I got was hot, or that all hot girls wanted me, not by any stretch. But before and after bulking up, not really much difference. I could find and get my share of hot girls.

I had some things going for me while I was skinny, though. I was in a rock band- back in the day when being in a rock band meant something. I was very, very fit. I would play three five set tennis matches in one day, like it was nothing. And I would do that every chance I got. Outside, in the sun, with my shirt off. So I was very tan. So I was skinny, but I could get girls. I didn't have to rely on fatties.

A friend of mine got me interested in weight lifting, and I wanted to get stronger, so I tried it - not to get girls. And I quickly became addicted to it. But I just wish adding muscle would have had some major improvement in the way girls reacted to me, that would have been awesome. But I don't recall there being much difference. Pook makes it sound like a magic pill.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pook got his best result at around 200lb as a 6'3" guy. That's not huge, nowhere near Arnold's level. That's just a somewhat muscular guy. He was a walking skeleton previously. Being naturally skinny, he also must have had very low body fat percentage at that weight. Low BF percentage plus some muscles are the killer combo for women.

You at 5'10" and 35" waist would likely have high body fat percentage. You might pack on some muscles but you're certainly not ripped. That's why you do worse than when you're skinny.

Pook is still right. You're not disproving his theory, you just need to cut some fat mass.

SoldMySoul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
st_99 said:
most guys simply will never look anything close to that as that physique is hard to get and maintain (well, i should say it takes commitment, lets put it that way). i like buffulo wings and beer too much for that. lol. :D
Well said!!! Hard as hell to look like that...The hardest part is not WORKING out, it is eating properly enough to get like that. Very hard!!!

SoldMySoul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SoSuave666 said:
I find the lean look to be most attractive to women. Something along the lines of a fit soccer player (Cristiano Ronaldo might be a good example). Being a former football player in college I had to beef up to maintain my competitive edge. I was 6'1 205 in 2008/2009. I was never fat, but my natural weight is nowhere near 205. I also took a lot of supplements which retained water weight, but that's a different story. Since then, I have shed around 30 pounds and not lost much muscle. The first thing I noticed was a more visible jawline. This was very important to me. I then saw more definition, more veins, more confidence. This all helps with the ladies.
depends on the woman!!! I have had some like a small beer gut; some like nice shoulders/ chest; and many say THEY DO NOT LIKE THE PRO WEIGHTLIFTER LOOK AS IT IS FREAKISH! The majority seem to like the Men's Health cover model

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what i have found is that women like a slim but athletic guy.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A 35/36" waist at 5'10" is like me....and that's overweight.

I've let my weight go a bit over the last few months due to work stress....but that's ending soon. To the OP, bottom line, you need to drop about 20 lbs.

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whether you've got a huge amount of muscle mass or you're slim what's important is that you are CUT. Definition matters.

I don't think a lot of girls find the powerlifter build particularly attractive. Some like buff guys, some like them skinny. But what's important is that your body is hard....your muscles need to be toned and there should be a lot of definition.

A lot of guys neglect cardio in the gym. They just go and lift a lot and they put on mass but there's no definition. As BB said, you've got to lift to gain mass but also focus on burning fat. You do that by doing lots of cardio and eating right.

It's a two pronged approach. Make the muscles bigger, and also at the same time lose the fat around them to make them pop out more.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To add to what Lexington posted, I think you have to take a good hard look in the mirror to find your strengths and weaknesses and be honest about it. Accentuate your strengths and either hide your weaknesses or shore them up, but don't call attention to them.

Take me for example. I look better in tighter fitting clothing that does not accentuate my gut, and wearing horizontally striped shirts that make my shoulders look wider. They aren't naturally wide, but I've done lots of military presses and shoulder and back work to make them wider and it worked. That was the single biggest success story in my 'workout career'.

Rubirosa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ha Ha, I don't think anyone would look at me and say "fat" but they would notice my midsection is not ripped.....it's flabby. I agree, losing twenty pounds would be ideal.
My post is simply an attempt to gather opinions as to whether or not chicks prefer the "juicehead" look or the streamlined look. Would a chick prefer the "Fight Club" Brad Pitt, or a Brad Pitt head on an Arnold body ? According to the Pook thread that Zekko pointed out (great response btw), Pook would prefer the latter Brad Pitt model.
Zekko is close to my age and we remember the ideal male was portrayed in the media as "tall, dark, and handsome". Although it was not said outright, a slim build was implied as well. Bodybuilders were seen as an obscure fringe of society.To end with some personal information, I have done better with women the last couple years more than at any other time previously, so I can't say that I pulled more tail when I was 150 lbs.

Werman

Don Juan
Reaction score
A little nit pick... there is a difference between a bodybuilder and a weightlifter. I used to do competitive weightlifting to include olympic style lifts. I never did bodybuilding and thus never had that shredded veiny look. My muscles, especially my pecs, traps, thighs, and calves, were large and well defined. At this point in my life, I had no problems whatsoever drawing interest from attractive girls. Yeah, it wasn't all of them, but it was enough to ensure that I never had to spend a weekend alone.

Another thing, when I was involved with that scene, I knew a few bodybuilders. Maybe they were just being boastful, but they said that the old adage that girls think they look freakish is a myth. Judging by the amount of attention they would get, I would say they weren't full of it.

Personally, I think any guy that puts time into his body and appearance will get attention from women. Whichever direction you want to take your training, whether it be bodybuilder, weightlifter, runner, or triathlete, there will be attractive women who will admire that and be attracted to it. However, if you put no time into your body and look like you spend most nights on your couch watching TV, NO attractive women will be into you. That is certain.

Yahooey

Don Juan
Reaction score
The skinny/scrawny look is a problem. As Jitterbug points out, it sounds like Pook is skinny/scrawny when he doesn't workout. Having some chest and arm size is what counts and it is more important than the size of the belly.

I usually put on about 10 lbs in the winter and it's all belly. It's never been a problem and I have even been opened, more than once, with a belly rub and "I like a man who knows how to enjoy the pleasures of life".

You will get more attention and feel better when your fit; however, I think it's when you start with skinny and build up that you get the "Pook effect". It's about looking manly.

acw

Don Juan
Reaction score
Small waist helps...don't kid yourself.

Drop some inches...and see what happens.