Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cell Tech

livin large

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anybody tried the stuff? I heard it is better than Phosphagen HP, is this true? Also, their website says you don't have to cycle it, but that seems a little sketchy since they say you should cycle creatine, and Cell Tech has creatine.

Any advice from anyone who knows what they're talking about or people with experience with the stuff would be appreciated.

Also, I saw the 7 lb Cell Tech sells for about $50 - how many servings does it have? Seems like Phosphagen is a lot cheaper.

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cell Tech is a rip-off.

2 scoops HP + 200mg Alpha Lipoic Acid + 1 teaspoon of Glutamine = 1 scoop of Cell Tech

livin large

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Does it work better than phosphagen though? Or are you just saying I can get the same results through phosphagen if I supplement it?

I'm going to start taking one of those (CellTech or Phosphagen) and I'm trying to figure out which one is best.

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What I'm trying to say is that Cell-Tech is a fukkin' gimmick. You are paying for those ridiculous six page ads they run in Muscle and Fiction and Strokemag International.

The only difference from HP is that what they call 1 scoop is basically the same creatine and carbs as 2 scoops of HP plus they add ****ty Alpha Lipoic Acid and suspect quality L-glutamine.

Get yourself some good ALA and glutamine and mix it up with 2 scoops of HP and voila.. better than Cell-Tech and probably much cheaper.

Get your HP/glutamine super-cheap here: www.muscledepot.com

Get your ALA super-cheap here: www.nutriteam.com

peace,
D

JJNYC

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't forget that Cell-Tech contains 75g of dextrose per serving. This sugar has been shown to produce the highest insulin response.... which is essential for creatine uptake into muscle cells.

Anyway, Diesel is right that Cell-Tech is overpriced.

You can get 11lbs (!) of dextrose for $10 from www.supplementdirect.com

...and make your own version for much cheaper.

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by JJNYC
Don't forget that Cell-Tech contains 75g of dextrose per serving.
What do you think is in 2 scoops of HP? Duh!!

JJNYC

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DIESEL
What do you think is in 2 scoops of HP? Duh!!
Ah, my bad. I've never used Phosphagen HP, just straight creatine monohydrate from GNC. :)

livinlarge: You may want to see if plain creatine + dextrose is cheaper than HP.... since you're going to be adding other ingredients anyway.

supplementdirect sells 1000g of creatine monohydrate for $20, that's 200 servings, or 20 cents per...

enkai

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i think that cell-tech sucks...think about it, if you're bulking you're using cell tech which is 75 grams dextrose (sugar) now you're taking that everyday which spikes your insulin spike like crazy, then you're eating carbs which is messing with your insulin receptors too...now taking celltech post workout is good, but any other time it's not, cuz sooner or later if you take it consistantly you'll become a diabetic, cuz those insulin receptors will wear out...regular creatine will get into your system just as good once your skeletal muscles are saturated with creatine, then with that daily insulin spike...which in most cases it spills over and the rest of the carbs you eat get stored as fat cuz your glycogen levels are filled up, peace

TizZle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I had to bump this b,c i current started taking cell-tech. I haven't "GOT HUGE IN 5 DAYS" but ill let everyone know how it goes. Also im taking whey protein 30 minutes after the serving of cell tech.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
:crackup:

why wont people learn the cell tech is a rip off!!?

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
because they keep reading bodybuilding mags that are owned by muscletech lol.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TizZle
I had to bump this b,c i current started taking cell-tech. I haven't "GOT HUGE IN 5 DAYS" but ill let everyone know how it goes. Also im taking whey protein 30 minutes after the serving of cell tech.
If you get a chance, try this stuff called SWOLE that can be found at www.bodybuilding.com.

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i've just started using cell tech.

last time i ask the guy at GNC for advice.

i actually found out a day or 2 ago that it was no good..

i said to him, i want creatine, not effervessant.

he goes, get this one. (cell tech)

i just assumed it was straight creatine.
but no.. its dodgey..
and overpriced.

GREAT!

-my fault. should research a little.

affliction

Don Juan
Reaction score
cell tech lol.

Just buy some cheap creatine and throw in a sh1tload of sugar. There's your homemade cell tech.

Eddie

Don Juan
Reaction score
if you wanna be really fit, ripped and full of energy....work out first thing in the morning after having an energy drink(anything will do)....Swim on alternate days.....play a lot of sports(its actually good for keeping the mind refreshed)

as for the supplement part...i think other than the usual whey proteins etc. dont indulge in any of the other fancy "snake oil" vendors promising overnight bodybuilding success.
in case you still feel the need to take supplements...the following is more than enough....
protein drinks(the popular,well known ones)
multi-vitamins
glucosamine(only if your knee's are prone to injury/fatigue)
amino acids(once in a while)
glycerol(just in case your one of those folks who sweat more than normal)

as for the whole creatine thing...i'll say give it a miss. your body creates it in good nuff quantity on its own...by administering it externally your only messing with your system and may give you more troubles in the future. Believe me bro, i've been into sports medicine for a while now

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
F.O.O.D. is the best supplement there is, followed by whey.

I myself use only whey protein and glutamine regularly, BCAAs once in a while when my eating isn't optimal.

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
by administering it externally your only messing with your system and may give you more troubles in the future. Believe me bro, i've been into sports medicine for a while now
What study are you quoting here, or are you only pretending to have actual scientific knowledge?

Eddie

Don Juan
Reaction score
What study are you quoting here, or are you only pretending to have actual scientific knowledge?
well, the answer is a NO, i am not pretending anything; what i speak is always on the basis of actual, solid information i possess...in the absense of which, i prefer to seal my mouth shut ;)

The following are excerpts from a study done by leading sportsmedicine doc's Dr. Mark Jenkins, MD and Dr. Caryn Honig,RD

"......Creatine supplementation, in the dosages commonly used, results in urinary concentrations that are 90 times greater than normal(EDIT: not visible to the naked eye). The long term effects of this have not been investigated, but there is possibility for a variety of nephrotoxic, i.e., kidney damaging, events. There is potential for direct toxicity on renal tubules where urine is formed, and for acceleration of kidney stone formation. Recently, a baseball player for the Houston Astros was determined to have suffered from dehydration, kidney stones, and transient kidney damage as the result of creatine supplementation. Additionally, the deaths of 3 collegiate wrestlers this past year are being investigated to determine what role creatine supplementation may have played......"

".............The bottom line is that no one can confidently state that prolonged creatine supplementation is safe, and its use would best be avoided until more data can be compiled. Prolonged administration is, in essence, an uncontrolled toxicity study and one which might yield harmful results. Is it worth the risk? Remember, it's your body!................"

Furthermore,
The French Agency of Medical Security for Food (AFSSA) said in a report published on its Internet site that the use of creatine ``constitutes a risk that has not been sufficiently evaluated...."
The report said there is a ``potential carcinogenic risk'' for users of the product, which is sold over the counter in many countries .
The AFSSA report quoted epidemiologic studies that showed creatine causing ``digestive, muscular and cardiovascular problems.''
Whats more.....Creatine sale is BANNED in France and is also banned by the French rugby union.

i hope the above gives you a slight insight into the dubious nature of creatine usage, as of now. but then again, "to each his own" as the saying goes.....in the end its up to you and what you wanna or dont wanna do. :)

PS. oh and guess what.....I am a former creatine user myself. i only quit it when i found increasing doubts about its safety in the long run. the good thing is that despite stopping the usage of creatine, it hasnt effected my bodybuilding which i've been religiously doing since i was 17. after me, almost 20 guys from my gym have also stopped using creatine and they all are doing pretty good as well, thus giving a rest to thoughts of going back to creatine.