Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Casual Comments Are The Key

JPFromTally

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I see a lot of guys on the board asking for opinions about contrived lines when meeting girls. Doing this will seriously set you up for failure and discouragement.

Never go up to a girl with a line that seems contrived or rehearsed. A lot of times a guy will see a girl that's hot, get nervous as hell, build up his courage and then say something like, "I saw you from across the street and I just had to talk to you to see if you're as interesting as you are beautiful." This is terrible and will usually do nothing but bring a girl's b1tch shield up.

Instead, make a casual comment about the environment you're in to the girl you want to talk to. Simple casual conversation!

For example, I hit up this cute girl at the GAP simply by asking her if they had a certain size of jeans. Then I said, "Are they making jeans bigger but keeping the size smaller just to make people feel better about getting fat?" She giggled and said, "Yeah... I've been thinking the same thing." Then I continued to ask how long she worked there, where she's from, etc.

The other week I was in Border's and saw the girl working there scanning the barcodes of magazines. This girl had an awesome body and was really really cute (HB8.8). So I just said non-chalantly, "Do you guys still rip the covers off the magazine?" She said, "No, we stopped doing that, blah, blah, blah." We talked for a good 10 minutes - I got her number and we hooked up later on that week.

Essentially, don't make a big deal out of the conversation trying to come off as a romantic or anything like that. For every 10 girls using this method you should yield a 4/3/3 result. Meaning 4 girls will not engage you for long (maybe short answers meaning you just politely keep going about your business). 3 girls will talk to you in a friendly manner but the opportunity to number close won't arise. And 3 girls will be friendly, open and talkative just like the two girls mentioned above where after 5-10 minutes (TOPS!) you can ask for her number.

Ok, now you have to trust me on this one: If after a 10 minute conversation (remember, no more than 10 minutes! because it will look like you have nothing better to do) she does not mention once the word "boyfriend" then it's a 90% chance she doesn't have one and you can number close. Women aren't stupid and will quickly catch on that this casual conversation might turn into a pickup. The easiest way for a girl to let you know that she's not interested is to bring up a boyfriend.

Hope this helps.

nvictor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
JP why didn't you post this earlier? I wouldn't opened the thread about that girl. I have an answer here ;) Thanks

ER!C L!VE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JPFromTally said:
I see a lot of guys on the board asking for opinions about contrived lines when meeting girls. Doing this will seriously set you up for failure and discouragement.

Never go up to a girl with a line that seems contrived or rehearsed. A lot of times a guy will see a girl that's hot, get nervous as hell, build up his courage and then say something like, "I saw you from across the street and I just had to talk to you to see if you're as interesting as you are beautiful." This is terrible and will usually do nothing but bring a girl's b1tch shield up.

Instead, make a casual comment about the environment you're in to the girl you want to talk to. Simple casual conversation!

For example, I hit up this cute girl at the GAP simply by asking her if they had a certain size of jeans. Then I said, "Are they making jeans bigger but keeping the size smaller just to make people feel better about getting fat?" She giggled and said, "Yeah... I've been thinking the same thing." Then I continued to ask how long she worked there, where she's from, etc.

The other week I was in Border's and saw the girl working there scanning the barcodes of magazines. This girl had an awesome body and was really really cute (HB8.8). So I just said non-chalantly, "Do you guys still rip the covers off the magazine?" She said, "No, we stopped doing that, blah, blah, blah." We talked for a good 10 minutes - I got her number and we hooked up later on that week.

Essentially, don't make a big deal out of the conversation trying to come off as a romantic or anything like that. For every 10 girls using this method you should yield a 4/3/3 result. Meaning 4 girls will not engage you for long (maybe short answers meaning you just politely keep going about your business). 3 girls will talk to you in a friendly manner but the opportunity to number close won't arise. And 3 girls will be friendly, open and talkative just like the two girls mentioned above where after 5-10 minutes (TOPS!) you can ask for her number.

Ok, now you have to trust me on this one: If after a 10 minute conversation (remember, no more than 10 minutes! because it will look like you have nothing better to do) she does not mention once the word "boyfriend" then it's a 90% chance she doesn't have one and you can number close. Women aren't stupid and will quickly catch on that this casual conversation might turn into a pickup. The easiest way for a girl to let you know that she's not interested is to bring up a boyfriend.

Hope this helps.
You're talking about situational openers. Yes, they're very natural and work well. As far as a girl bringing up her borefriend? haha. That's not always hint that she's not interested. Watch her actions, not her words. If she's stroking your arm, telling you what color her panties are and says she shaves her box, yet still brings up her boyfriend, then yea....her bf is a non-issue.
:cheer:

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also known as "phatic communication" and yes, this has worked for me for years. It also works well in making friends and acquaintances.

You can always tell from talking to them if they're interested or not, just by their body language and general enthusiasm to talk to you and that can save a lot of time and effort.

People think way too much about what they're going to say and how it must be witty or profound, then end up saying nothing. And if they do, they end up looking like a try-hard.

Good advice and nice to see someone speaking from experience!

JPFromTally

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I forgot to mention magic tricks... uuuughhh.. All these freaking dating sites touting magic tricks as a way to talk to women.. It's ridiculous. It reminds me of that movie "Saving Silverman".

ryannath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JP, I can say for a fact that a woman has brought up the word ex bf to me before, and she still went out with me. It was an ex bf though, and she said that she used to live with him, but she broke up. I think a girl could still say the word "boyfriend" and still be interested though.

jamescr73

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bf's are a non issue for me anyway. I met a girl 2 weeks ago at a resturant, her borefriend was in the place 2 minutes before i got her number. I saw them kiss for god sakes. I called her the next day (4 days my ass, fu*k that shlt). A few days later we hung out and ended up making out heavily for awhile, a couple days after that we had dinner, and last night we fuked for an hour and a half. Hows that for boyfriend? Funny thing, while typing this i just got a text message. Shes coming over right now. Lata!

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post. But I disagree with the whole, if she doesn't bring her boyfriend up thing. Plenty of chicks that you start random convos with could have boyfriends. Most won't bring them up unless you ask for the number.

Aaron B

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JPFromTally said:
I forgot to mention magic tricks... uuuughhh.. All these freaking dating sites touting magic tricks as a way to talk to women.. It's ridiculous. It reminds me of that movie "Saving Silverman".
I'm going to agree with you, but with an exception.

If the man is actually interested in magic, or palmistry, or whatever, then it can work. But if he's just faking it to get close to her, forget it.

I've had several conversations with women about astrology. I can do this because I am genuinely interested in astrology, and many women are interested in it as well.

JPFromTally

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
jamescr73 said:
bf's are a non issue for me anyway. I met a girl 2 weeks ago at a resturant, her borefriend was in the place 2 minutes before i got her number. I saw them kiss for god sakes. I called her the next day (4 days my ass, fu*k that shlt). A few days later we hung out and ended up making out heavily for awhile, a couple days after that we had dinner, and last night we fuked for an hour and a half. Hows that for boyfriend? Funny thing, while typing this i just got a text message. Shes coming over right now. Lata!
ValleyDJing said:
Good post. But I disagree with the whole, if she doesn't bring her boyfriend up thing. Plenty of chicks that you start random convos with could have boyfriends. Most won't bring them up unless you ask for the number.
If you can hook up with a girl who has a boyfriend then awesome.. more power to you. But remember, that most of the guys on this board need a system - meaning "if this happens then do this". Like I said, if she brings up the boyfriend that's usually a sign that she's not interested. Sure if you have the advanced DJ skills you can overcome this but in my opinion you're better of just nexting.

nvictor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok ok this is my take on the boyfriend thing.

Some girls would never break up with their boyfriend, even if she is into you, because this guy has something she needs. It can be money, it can be that big house where she can stay the week end, it can be his popularity...

Second thing : some bfs wouldn't break up easily with their girls (my own case) because they are not DJ, they are just AFCs with enough luck. I've been threatened to death so many time. I just hope he won't pay some big men to beat the sh!t out of me ;)