Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Career-minded women

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Right now I'm dating a woman you'd call a career-minded woman. She's attractive in a classy sort of way, socially intelligent, business savvy, and quite feminine. It’s a refreshing change of pace from some of the simple-minded club rat women I’ve dated. As for me, my first business venture failed recently, which is alright – I broke even – and I’m in the middle of starting my new business. I’m extremely busy.

This woman I’m dating has raised the quality standard for women I’ll get with in the future. The whole thing is, we are both so busy with our careers that I know we’ll be parting ways eventually. We’re lucky to see each other more than once a week. That’s fine with me. Not a big deal, I’ve got a company to build. The time WILL come in the future where I am financially set for the long-term and have more time to enjoy the finer things in life, like having multiple hot chicks competing for me :cool:

Here’s where I’m going with this thread…

I want opinions from you guys about career-minded women. You know who I’m talking about. The fact they don’t live the mtv-inspired existence of most chicks is highly refreshing. But on the other hand… it makes for a frustrating relationship. It’s difficult for us to get together. Sex once a week, if we’re lucky. She’s constantly on the phone (normal woman calls + business calls = constant phone ringing). We have a great time when we’re together but there’s little intimacy.

I’m starting to think that the only way a guy like me, who’s never going to live that traditional middle class lifestyle, can have any sort of lasting relationship with a woman is if she has no real ambitions and decides to be 100% a part of my world. That sounds rather old school, doesn’t it?

Should career-minded women be avoided? Kept as FBs? At least they aren’t driven by the marriage/kids agenda. That’s a big plus as I’m definitely not looking for that anytime soon. What do you guys think?

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by RedPill
I’m starting to think that the only way a guy like me, who’s never going to live that traditional middle class lifestyle, can have any sort of lasting relationship with a woman is if she has no real ambitions and decides to be 100% a part of my world. That sounds rather old school, doesn’t it?
We're in a similar boat here bro.

I am not in any way, shape, or form looking for a relationship right now, but I often sit back and think to myself, "How the HELL am I ever going to be able to find a woman who can fit into my life?"

Any woman who makes it past the first cut with me (llooks, personality, character) is going to have to stand up to a battery of other tests that they might not be subjected to with other men.

One of these is the financial compatibility test. Most fail this one very quickly. At my level (not trying to brag just being truthful) I can't have anyone involved in my life who has the potential to destroy what I have worked for. Any woman that I am considering for marriage will have to be willing to at least learn and follow what I know, or it isn't going to work....point blank.

Another issue is lifestyle compatibility. If I only work a few hours per week and make my own schedule, it is difficult to be involved with someone who works 60 hours per week. I like to travel at will. How can I have a relationship with a woman who only gets two weeks of vacation per year if I travel every few months?

What you are saying makes perfect sense. It will be difficult if not impossible to find a woman who is able to keep up with my lifestyle and financial goals and aspirations, so it is likely that the ONLY way is to find one who is willing to take your lead with everything.

In my case I don't see this as a bad deal for a woman. I know how to make money.....why should she try to fix something that isn't broken? If my wife were a doctor I wouldn't be the one trying to figure out why I am having chest pains, I WOULD ASK HER!!! No different when it comes to money.

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco: Thanks for the link. Good discussion over there. This particular one I'm dating is going to have a rough time over the next 5-10 years because it's easy to see she wants to have a bunch of kids "someday." I actually have caught her reading up on how to improve her relationships with guys (from legit sources, not cosmo, dr phil, etc), which is cool. Unfortunately, the piece of wisdom it's going to take her awhile to realize is that she needs to be more available.

STR8UP: You raise good points about lifestyle and financial compatibility. Any woman who would be LTR material with me has to be able to grasp the concepts of a financially independent lifestyle. The difficulty here is that most woman are of middle class origin and are a total liability when it comes to relationships. The thought process that drives them is "today you have to have 2 incomes (jobs) to support a family." Also, the lifestyle these women envision is getting a house in the burbs, sending the kids to the "nicer" of the public schools, rarely travelling, etc.

FrancoPUA: What you say makes perfect sense. You're right. Ultimately, I'm going to have to be with a woman who is submissive. Intelligent, yet submissive. And of course hot and horny. Until then though, the game plan is to not take any relationship seriously. With the girl I'm seeing right now, we both have that understanding, which makes things easy and drama-free.

One thing I've noticed as a common thread with women I've dated in the past is that the degree to which her father is controlled by the women in his life correlates highly to how dominant/independent she is. Therefore, one of my new qualifiers for a woman is to see how whipped her dad is.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco: Thanks for the link. Good discussion over there. This particular one I'm dating is going to have a rough time over the next 5-10 years because it's easy to see she wants to have a bunch of kids "someday." I actually have caught her reading up on how to improve her relationships with guys (from legit sources, not cosmo, dr phil, etc), which is cool. Unfortunately, the piece of wisdom it's going to take her awhile to realize is that she needs to be more available.
Who's the best person to clue her in on that particular piece of wisdom??? (hint, hint).

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I know I could share that with her. I'm equally guilty of being unavailable though. The difference between us is she has been cheated on in the past in LTRs and doesn't seem to understand why, and it's readily apparent why. Since I have it in my mind that we'll likely be dating no more than a year, I don't wish to disrupt the convenient casualness of our relationship.

What I don't get is, as a woman, what is the point of being so career focused into your 30s if you are just going to ditch that to have kids?

A side thought...If there’s one habit that stands out amongst these “alpha women”, it’s that they must keep in contact with everyone they’ve ever acquainted themselves with. They can’t go months and months without talking to someone they know, like us men can.

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ricky
Well I like career women as well but one of the other reasons my relationship failed is that my career woman decided to go back to school where it was less expensive, i.e. where she is from, not the town I moved to.

She will be working and taking classes for her masters at the same time. That girl will have very little time for any new man that comes into her life. Which it still sucks to think of other men with her, but I'm sure they won't compare to me so she can continue to think of what she lost by being to afraid to move to be with me.
Exactly why dominant men and women don't match up so well. They both have their own agendas for their lives.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I know I could share that with her. I'm equally guilty of being unavailable though. The difference between us is she has been cheated on in the past in LTRs and doesn't seem to understand why, and it's readily apparent why.

What I don't get is, as a woman, what is the point of being so career focused into your 30s if you are just going to ditch that to have kids?
Great question! Why would any woman be career-oriented? She has been brainwashed that "It is cool, it is what women do these days". She even does know why she is doing it. Ask any broad: she'll tell you "to be independent". From whom??? From men? From her husband?

Anyway, what make it even worse is society has apporved "Sex and the City". In case you have not seen, I'll brief you: some w*ores wants to get married. Or just date a cool guy. They don't really want to get married or have sex, they are not very concerned about it. what they are concerned about is the quality of guy she sleeps with. and they find some morbid pleasure in rejecting, breaking up or dumping a guy if he does not meet all of her 1000s requirement for a "perfect guy". Next, next, next...
So the character Samantha has slept with hundreds (!) of men.
And this is one o fthe most the "trend-setting" TV program for women! No man can watch that crap.
Anyway, women are brainwashed: career, a hous ein burbs, 3 kids, minivan.. it is all about some friggin tops guys who already makes a couple of millions per year and they want to get more... they decided to turn women into whor*s just so the guy can make another couple of buck off them.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My thoughts...

My current girlfriend is heart-set on being a doctor. She is applying to medical schools for next year, which I have no doubt she will get into.

This is cool, in a way, because we have the same career interest, but I wont be applying to med school for another two years, when she'll already be there.

She claims to want "lots of kids", because they will "make her happy." Whatever. I dont think she realizes how demanding that profession (and the schooling!) can be.

I dont want lots of kids, and I want a gal who will be there, not one who is always at work and is so stressed out she never wants to have sex.

I think most women who are very career-driven put their relationships (with men) in the back seat. They are basically like career minded men...they have their own agendas. (to quote RedPill)

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
...A side thought...If there’s one habit that stands out amongst these “alpha women”, it’s that they must keep in contact with everyone they’ve ever acquainted themselves with. They can’t go months and months without talking to someone they know, like us men can.
I think that all women have this "thing" about "keeping connections." It's as if a part of their self worth is based on keeping "healthy" relationships (d@mn, how many things can I enclose in double-quotes).

The problem is that with many Alpha-women (especially those that are "type-A"), they try their best to show that they still have these healthy relationships (at least they like to believe they are healthy). My last LTR was with one of these women. It's fun to watch her do things to self validate herself.