Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cardio--a DJ's Tool

MtnMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ESPI, you are looking good dude, nice work. Proof that men can look excellent as they get into the 40's and beyond. Its a shame, but I almost never see a woman in her 40's that looks good. Excellent inspiration for those of us younger than you.

I feel like I look better at 30 than I ever have, and there is no reason I can't continue to get better as I age!

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
Over the past 8 weeks I've dropped my weight from 220 to 200 lbs and bodyfat from 20% to about 12%. Feel better than ever and women definitely seem to notice me more at this weight. No doubt in my mind.
Looking very sharp, Espi. Pleasure to see a fellow DJ brother killing it and reaping the myriad rewards from tenacious dedication.

I find that the attention received from dropping from 15% to 10% bf alone is commensurate with some women, as opposed to most women, glaring. Material difference on your SMV.

Malcontent

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Been bulking for about 1.5 years. Up from a very lean 140 to a hefty 185. Prob about 10 pounds fat to lose now. Ran 40 minutes today. I was previously doing about half a mile, around 6 minutes. Inspired by this post. Thanks fellers.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good doings Malcontent. Remember, even if your bf% is high, do cardio before your date to drain the subcutaneous water reserves. It will add an easy point to your physical appearance, and open up the blood flow gates of shamelessness in your interaction.

Malcontent

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good doings Malcontent. Remember, even if your bf% is high, do cardio before your date to drain the subcutaneous water reserves. It will add an easy point to your physical appearance, and open up the blood flow gates of shamelessness in your interaction.
Yeah, been MGTOWish for a while now which has had great benefits. Might be going out with a "decent" woman this weekend. Want to lean up a bit just in case, but it's time anyway. Don't want to get too far gone.

grayclif

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I lift 3-5 nights a week, but do almost no cardio. I am wondering if this is a mistake. I have been trying to gain mass (i started at 6'4" and 175, up to 185-190 now). Maybe I need to mix some cardio in there.
Lifting heavy burns an enormous amount of calories but you can achieve a cardio effect with less rest between sets. But at 6-4 180 you probably have very low body fat.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lifting heavy burns an enormous amount of calories but you can achieve a cardio effect with less rest between sets. But at 6-4 180 you probably have very low body fat.
Cardio still good for heart health. No fat skinny guys should do less cardio cause they don't have fat to burn.

dutchmaster

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
if you wanna go all out, do cardio and then smoke weed at night. being stoned dehydrates you even more so

Sho-No-Luv

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Gentlemen, a rudimentary, yet effective, DJ tool:

Do cardio.

Cardio removes subcutaneous water; that is, water affixed between the skin and muscle. Removing subcutaneous water effects healthier, younger, and more vibrant skin, as well as augments muscularity/vascularity and blood flow.

How did I stumble upon this sageness you ask?

On weeks that I have committed at least six, 5 mph/25-minute cardio sessions:

1. I am approached by hot women 2-3+ times every night that I am out, with many glares throughout the day.
2. I appear 8-10 years younger.

On weeks with no cardio:

1. I’m not approached at all, with few glares throughout the day.
2. I appear my age.

That's right; a 3-4 lb. loss of subcutaneous water weight will make you cry "Hallelujah"!

Granted, I hold a muscular physique with years of training, engendering greater water retention; thus, water shedding may effect a more compelling upshot, but I believe this diuretic approach—without compromising your health with diuretics--would prove effective for most builds.

Try it … and increase the pool of receptive women for your picking. Enjoy.
Wow, this had been my experience as well. Almost exactly! I posted a thread about it last week where a female followed me home, right to my door after I had finished my workout.

I like to add in High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) once per week. It's basically doing sprints and I do it on the elliptical. I start with 30 seconds on the 30 seconds off then add 10 seconds to the off period until I get to 30 on 60 off then stay there. I go a total of 25 minutes. Talk about an a$$ kicker....
This is also what I've been doing except I do it 3 times a week, it works great in thirty minutes I'm about to do it again!!

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes exactly.

I do it 6 days a week, 45-60 minutes a day, on an empty stomach/first thing in the morning, whenever possible.

Doing cardio, combined with an exclusive diet and 3 days per week of intense weight training with a personal trainer, has me looking stronger and leaner than ever.

http://s1313.photobucket.com/user/espi1971/media/Mobile Uploads/image_zps1e290a2d.jpg.html?sort=3&o=4

http://s1313.photobucket.com/user/espi1971/media/Mobile Uploads/image_zps2aa4fe76.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

Over the past 8 weeks I've dropped my weight from 220 to 200 lbs and bodyfat from 20% to about 12%. Feel better than ever and women definitely seem to notice me more at this weight. No doubt in my mind.
Bro you went from the brown shirt pic to your current physique in 8 weeks? wow thats amazing man. You look great man (no homo). You got the body of a 25 yr old. Dropping 20 lbs in 8 weeks is difficult. Did you change your diet?

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro you went from the brown shirt pic to your current physique in 8 weeks? wow thats amazing man. You look great man (no homo). You got the body of a 25 yr old. Dropping 20 lbs in 8 weeks is difficult. Did you change your diet?
Haha Ditto !! Probably better then most 25 olds I would say.

Might just start going to the gym 5 days instead of 3 weights + Stretching, should up the consistency even more.

Cardio everyday + 3 days weights + 2 stretches with fish oil addition like Guru said.

Its time to step it up once again.

oOh Nasty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Picked up a hand-me-down stationary bike and have been using it for about a week now. My knees hurt like sh*t after a day. Thinking about getting a treadmill also to switch it up.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Punching bags great cardio. Get one of those water filled ones. Or if it's a regular old style one and you don't mind it looking ugly get some fiam rubber and wrap it around the outside with a Man's real best friend.. duct tape. Preferably kick as well as legs burn a lot more energy.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Picked up a hand-me-down stationary bike and have been using it for about a week now. My knees hurt like sh*t after a day. Thinking about getting a treadmill also to switch it up.
You need to improve your position... you might not be having optimal biking position.... add also that your knee might not be ''used'' to workout.

Your knees always need to be a little bit bent and under your waist...

Add streching exercise after to help you heal and burn fat.

Stretching helps healing the muscle and tissues while burning some ''extra resisting fat''... stretch and you will good as new the next day.

Also stretching helps to deal with the growing muscle so it doesn't push your bone (especially the cervicals)

Cardio is really important in building your shape, daily energy, it will also help in the bed to last longer in term of energy and physical prowess... since the blood flows better.

If you looking for a shape... diet is the main element to tone the body... you could be able run a marathon but if you eat junk food everyday... you'll be a 300lbs (or 150kg) marathon runner lol

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I started to feel pudgy from my bulking phase this spring/summer until recent weeks.

I did a few things when I realized I needed to start a cut.

I cut out the big pre-workout shakes and before bed protein shakes I was having.

Per @Espi's advice, I started running on the treadmill 3-6x/week at 8% incline, 4-7mph for at least 400 calories burned. I tried on clothes the other night after a shower and I didn't feel my stomach pushing out on my shirt. I'm telling you guys, the feeling was awesome!!!

Goooooooooooooo cardio! You'll feel great. :D

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is an old thread. In the last three years, among hundreds of dates, I have two more tricks for a quick pre-date SMV ramp:

1) Eat 100 almonds daily (adjust according to lean mass and daily caloric intake). Lower your carb and saturated fat intake commensurate with the extra calories;

2) Do 10-15 set of heavy compound exercises (Squat, Deadlift, Bench) at least 36 hours before date (preferably a few hours pre-date.)

Here is the science behind it:

I had a series of blood tests drawn including/excluding 1 and 2 above:
  1. The first set of blood tests were taken during periods where I didn't work out for one week or more with no/little almond intake;
  2. The second set of blood tests were taken within 36 hours of doing 1 and 2 above.
Here were the results between the two sets of blood tests:
  • Free Testosterone Levels (Not Total T) up 87% .
  • Total Estrogen Levels down 56%
  • SHBG (Sex-hormone binding globulin which binds with T rendering binded T ineffective) down 72%.
Huge physiological difference.

What the health physicians don't tell you among the myriad propaganda soliciting you to increase your total testosterone (T) is your Total T is irrelevant when it competes with other hormones for receptor sites. What matters is your Free T, lower levels of E (T/E ratio), and SHBG (to minimize T binding)--and correlatively--the amount of free T that will actually bind with androgen receptors. I theorize that with 1 and 2 above, the body up-regulates the androgen receptors allowing greater receptor concentration for T binding; and, consequentially, physiologically adjusts the remaining hormonal profile for proper utility.

The above services a perfect physiological profile, which manifests materially in your physicality and in your demeanor/attitude.

Real numbers. Try it.

Last edited: