Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Captain Save a Hos in the media

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Right after reading this thread, it made me realize how much being Captain Save a Ho is promoted in the media. In that thread I mentioned that Kay commercial where a guy asks a girl if he can marry her Mom.

I saw the movie Fighting just the other week. In that movie we see a guy who's homeless and doing street fights just to stay above water. Of course, he can scrounge together money to take a single Mom out to dinner and buy her daughter a toy.

Dexter is one of my favorite shows and again we see a guy portrayed as heroic for taking on a single Mom. I have to say, I was pretty glad when they ended up killing her off....that sh*t was getting annoying!

Breaking Bad is another one of my favorite shows. One of the main characters Jesse is annoying enough for constantly f*cking things up. But then he got even more irritating by deciding he wanted to play house with a meth head single mom and her son.

And to top things off, I just got done watching the movie Drive starring Ryan Gossling. Talk about taking Save a Ho to the next level! He falls in love with a single mom who's baby daddy is in prison. She decides to ditch him when the convict hubby gets parole. But he still risks life and limb so that he can raise her husband's protection money!! In the end, it ends up getting almost everyone killed.

With sh*t like this constantly being shown to a generation of men, it's no wonder there are so many chumps ready to jump in bed with girls who made a "mistake or two."

AW1983

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lexington said:
Great movie, and Gosling's character had lots of Alpha mojo (though slightly socially stunted), but yeah I was thinking the same thing when I watched it: he's basically making a martyr of himself for some girl (and her kid) who already chose the other dude when he got of prison...

Night-hawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, but Gosling's character was not doing it to get anything from the mom and son, he was doing it for the greater good. Some humans actually care to do good for others without needing something. Most likely his character represented a person who wasn't used to caring for anyone and he felt like doing something unselfish for someone else.

I can see how the archetype of the captain save a ho hero in movies and television can lead guys to start believing in such honor and nobility though. This does create a schema for some men when getting into relationships, i.e. single moms

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Nice guys and captain save a hos only win in the movies.

Movies are not reality.

Why the f**k do guys act like someone from a romance movie to get a girl?

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i spent the last week beating a video game where i had to go through all 9 levels of hell to chase this ***** who was cheating on me with the devil... only for her leave when i finally got to the last stage.. so there.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
backbreaker said:
i spent the last week beating a video game where i had to go through all 9 levels of hell to chase this ***** who was cheating on me with the devil... only for her leave when i finally got to the last stage.. so there.
Sounds like you were playing Zelda or Mario or Donkey Kong.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
daunte's inferno. when i say i was going through hell i literally mean i was going through hell. pretty fun game actually.

what is really AFC about it is that, while they used the name Daunte's Inferno they took a **** load of liberties. I mean, if you read the poem Daute had it bad enough as it was just going through hell to find / get to Beatrice. Apparantly however this wasn't AFC enough for EA sports. they turned Daunte from a poet utnil a crusader lol, that's not even the same fvcking time period but oh well, and Beatiruce has to go to hell becuase she "wore on her soul" that Daunte would be faithful to her when he was out in battle and he cheated on her with a slave girl. so he gets back from this **** and comes home to find his girl dead and gets taken to hell.

the normal AFC would just say you know what.. that's fvcked up, go to the local tavern and drink that **** off lol, then again there is nothing normal about a man who rights a fvcking 450 page poem over a broad who won't even fvck him.

damn i just thought about that. that's another liberty the damn game took. in the poem he wasn't even fvcking her. he wanted to. in the game he actually was his wife.

anyway, on goes daunte into the pits of hell to fight beasts, demonds, women who spit baby gremlins out her titties, dead women who can launch d!cks from their stomachs from across the room and plants that make you kill yourself if you run into them amount many creatures, all guided by Virgil who apparantly is everywhere I am going to be before i get there yet the bastard makes me walk through the damn game.

so you get all the way through the game. you have to beat her brother who is pissed at you for having her killed. your own dead mother is pissed at you for having her killed. the entire game she is showing up rubbing this **** in your face, the devil is just lip locking wtih your girl rubbing on her titties (seriously bare ass titties) and there isn't a damn thing youc an do about it but press on.

so the moment of truth comes and you finally get to the final level of hell, the level of treachry and as soon as you get in there, just like a girl, she goes back to earth without you and leaves you there lol.

what is even worse, is that the game is based on the fact that she made a deal / bet with the devil that he would stay faithful to her. isn't making a bet with the devil actually a worse sin the fvcking another woman lol? I haven't beent o church in a few years but i'm pretty sure that's the truth. the only person who is allowed to make a bet with the devil and get away with it is god. yet he kills all these deamons and she is free as a bird and he's stuck in the bottom layer of hell with the devil.

that's pretty freaking AFC.

Law and order is becoming quite AFC if you watch it. and mad men is getting some AFCish tendicdes though i would not go so far as to call the entire show AFC just yet.

AFC sales. it really does.

Love's Orphan

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was gonna get that game... But yeah... Doesnt really follows the Divine Comedy...

wait_out

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just spent the last 3 days in court watching people drag each other through the legal system over infidelities, jealousy, and vanished affection... some very underhanded behavior on the part of mommy. Food for thought though:

1) My evolved definition of a good girl = one who takes pride in treating others fairly
2) Not a good girl = takes pride in her ability to put one over on other people

The first will not lead you on, suggest possibility of intimacy for favors, or otherwise ditch you in hell after you risk the 9th circle to rescue her... loyalty rewards loyalty.
The second will feel great satisfaction in her cleverness to take advantage of you if you extend her anything she can accept and avoid repayment of. These girls are users.

Biggest AFC problem is projecting honorable motives on women simply because they look pretty... face of an angel, heart of a viper. But hey good metaphor here.... if you find yourself in the X circle of hell due to chasing a woman... maybe it was YOUR choice to descend there...

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what do you expect from a society that says losing is ok? when we started patting little Johnny on the back because he struck out 4 times and his little league team got beat 20-0 I knew we were fvcked. take a look at how the politics of this country are being run, rewarding failure and condemning success. it's no different with what the media is doing telling us it's "the right thing to do" by dating some hoebag with a kid that can't find the father. all I know is when I played sports you got your @$$ chewed out when you screwed up, you felt like total sh!t when you lost, if you failed at something you learned to work harder not have someone GIVE you something because you fell short, and you d@mn sure wouldn't think about dating some girl with a kid or two that had never been married or your parents and friends would disown you. i'm not that old either, only 30, so you can see how pvssyfied our society has become in the past few years and it's only getting worse.

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AlphaWhiskey said:
Great movie, and Gosling's character had lots of Alpha mojo (though slightly socially stunted), but yeah I was thinking the same thing when I watched it: he's basically making a martyr of himself for some girl (and her kid) who already chose the other dude when he got of prison...
I agree that overall it was a very great movie. I just couldn't help but notice the AFCness lol.

Night-hawk said:
Yes, but Gosling's character was not doing it to get anything from the mom and son, he was doing it for the greater good. Some humans actually care to do good for others without needing something. Most likely his character represented a person who wasn't used to caring for anyone and he felt like doing something unselfish for someone else.
If Gosling's character wanted to do something for the greater good, he could have stopped being the getaway driver for criminals and murderers!

At the beginning of the movie, he had some borderline stalker traits, constantly observing that girl and her son. In trying to help her, he ends up losing his father figure/best friend, gets stabbed in the f*cking colon and has to live the rest of his life on the run.

Of course, for him it was all worth it. Before the really bad sh*t went down he left a message on her voice mail letting her know that she was the "best thing that ever happened" to him....a girl who ditched him after her deadbeat convict husband got parole!

But again, it was a good movie. I just chuckled a little bit when I noticed the AFC traits.

Von_S

Don Juan
Reaction score
Robert28 said:
when I played sports you got your @$$ chewed out when you screwed up, you felt like total sh!t when you lost, if you failed at something you learned to work harder not have someone GIVE you something because you fell short
This

I cringe when I see how America is raising a legion of AFCs named Aiden, Jayden and Kayden. I suppose it's ok because in 12-15 years I'll be fvcking the girls that put them in the friendzone :crackup:

Onlyliveonce

Don Juan
Reaction score
Drive was very good but I would have liked his character so much better if he took the money at the end. The greater good should have been himself, not some chick with a kid and an ex-con boyfriend.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
We grow up on a healthy dosage of Mario captain-save-ho' mentality when we were young alright.

I wonder what Mario would have done if he finally had his moment of clarity:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPjqmVUt380

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
that is the best youtube video i have seen in years. i have not laughed that hard in a long time . " you ain't nothing but a playa 2 ass nigga" rotfl.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i have been watching the firm, the NBC miniseries since Feb, 18 eposides. man this show is so fvcked up it's pissing me off.

it picks up after the book stops, they are out of witness protection. it actualy is quite entertaining is there is some milf ish talent in the show so i won't ruin the entire plot, but i will say that the lawyer dude busted his ass, gets through witness protection, sacrifides all this **** for the family, he tires to open his own law frim in DC, money is kinda tight, and he gets an offer to be bought out by this huge law firm in DC to handle their criminal division. i'm not going to say she agreed with him to take hte money but she didnt' talk him out of it. so he takes the job, and the back plot to the entire story is that they bought him out just to be able to manage one particular case in which he was the lawyer for that one of their biggest lcinets were into. long story short they were a medical firm that was killing terminal patients to save money, he goes on this entire goose chase, connects all the dots, mind you the wife is snopping and investigating **** her damn self, she's all into it,s he's interviewing patients and ****, she's helping crack codes and all type of good ****. so anyway, hell breaks lose when the big law firm findfs out he knows, and they kidnap his wife and kids. the kid got away / the fbi got her but the wife got taken to this place and was waterboarded and she saw someone get killed befoer she was able to magically execpse.

okay so now she is out of this tramatic event, mind you that she helped get her ass into, not like she ever told her husband to stop or anything, and now she needs "time" and completely blames him, starts popping pills, takes the daughter to kentucky with her grandparnts while the husband is at home worrying about her she is lip locking with the local shrink. **** is actually like really pissing me off. this **** ain't right. dude don't deserve the ****.

drak_ool

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One of the big reason I don't own a TV or watch pretty much any shows is the AFCness that permeates Hollywood. Even most movies piss me off because of it... Like The Dictator, the first half I found really funny, the second one (and I don't wanna spoil it so no details) was so dull...