Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

cancelled my POF account last night

Duffdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last night I had to cancel my account on POF because it was getting out of control. I had a totally normal profile for months without a single message of interest, then a girl I knew from college selected me as a favorite. It didn't help that she is totally hot. From the moment she "favorited" me, the barrage of messages was insane! I have never seen anything like it. Every 5 minutes I would get another message about how I was cute and how some single mother wanted my phone number. If I was online, I got at least two new messages a minute. The last straw came when a girl messaged me who knew other people at my work. This was not cool, since I don't trust my backstabbing coworkers one bit.

At first I thought it was great, 6-7's were totally open and receptive and willing to go out with me and all this stuff, but then... I began to realize that I didn't want to go out with any of these chics because they weren't that hot. Suddenly it occurred to me that I would NEVER have even allowed these females to talk to me in real life.

I now have a strong feeling that because women are looking for a partner online, there HAS to be something wrong with them that they are hiding. I guess one good thing has come out of all of this, it really is pretty easy to get attention from dating sites-- you just have to put forth the idea that really hot girls want you. This starts a chain reaction where all the other average females get really jealous and want to find out why you were able to score this super hottie without any effort. It really is not a new concept; wherein females only want what they can't have, but putting that idea to practical use is the problem.

sheesh, I am so glad that craziness is over. I'm going out sarging tonight in the real world just to feel better.

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Preselection is what you saw. Use that!

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Duffdog said:
Last night I had to cancel my account on POF because it was getting out of control. I had a totally normal profile for months without a single message of interest, then a girl I knew from college selected me as a favorite. It didn't help that she is totally hot. From the moment she "favorited" me, the barrage of messages was insane! I have never seen anything like it. Every 5 minutes I would get another message about how I was cute and how some single mother wanted my phone number. If I was online, I got at least two new messages a minute. The last straw came when a girl messaged me who knew other people at my work. This was not cool, since I don't trust my backstabbing coworkers one bit.

At first I thought it was great, 6-7's were totally open and receptive and willing to go out with me and all this stuff, but then... I began to realize that I didn't want to go out with any of these chics because they weren't that hot. Suddenly it occurred to me that I would NEVER have even allowed these females to talk to me in real life.

I now have a strong feeling that because women are looking for a partner online, there HAS to be something wrong with them that they are hiding. I guess one good thing has come out of all of this, it really is pretty easy to get attention from dating sites-- you just have to put forth the idea that really hot girls want you. This starts a chain reaction where all the other average females get really jealous and want to find out why you were able to score this super hottie without any effort. It really is not a new concept; wherein females only want what they can't have, but putting that idea to practical use is the problem.

sheesh, I am so glad that craziness is over. I'm going out sarging tonight in the real world just to feel better.

Intresting "theory" I mean my question to you is, how did this chain reaction come about...meaning

how would other women know that one hot women has you added as a favorite? unless other women were looking at her profile

it doesn't make sense to me.

I'll try this out

SXS

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe your picture came out better than you thought.

Are you sure you didnt wrote in your profile something like /''I have a zillion dollars"

Duffdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Solomon said:
Intresting "theory" I mean my question to you is, how did this chain reaction come about...meaning

how would other women know that one hot women has you added as a favorite? unless other women were looking at her profile

it doesn't make sense to me.

I'll try this out

Very few guys on there are "favorited" by hot girls, I think that had something to do with it. Since females are nosy, it might actually be possible on POF to see which girls actually clicked the favorites button...I haven't checked that much into it as I got fed up with the whole website last night. But seriously, before she did that, I got maybe 1 or 2 inquiries a month. Then, not even 10 minutes after the little status thing showed I was on her list-- I got 5 emails. Then it just became out of control.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Duffdog said:
I now have a strong feeling that because women are looking for a partner online, there HAS to be something wrong with them that they are hiding.

More aptly, there has to be some reason why they havent found a guy in the 'real world'. There may not be anything more wrong with them than your average American girl, but for some reason(s) they arent having success with men. Could be location, social life disparity, work, or maybe they're just batty.

My personal hypothesis is this primarily has to do with their looks. Most of the girls I see online (OkCupid) are <HB 8, between HB 5-7. I dont know about POF. The few online who are above >HB 8 almost certainly have some marked issues, otherwise they wouldnt be online.

edger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A state in America that'll unmercifully leave you
Duffdog's example is why women are fools and only hurt themselves. Because they can come across a total DJ/Player on a site like PlentyOffish, but because he doesn't appear on a hotties "favorites" list, he's automatically assumed to be "unworthy", meanwhile all she is doing is shooting herself in the foot, as she is missing out on a guy who actually is a Player, that can give her that nice joy ride she is looking for. Hot women are way too quick to pass up on guys(especially online), not even giving them a chance to expose their DJ qualities.

Yeah, PlentyOffish allows you to see who are on other people's "favorites" list. Something I don't like about that site, because look what it causes. Same thing with MySpace and it's "comments" section. F*cks up a lot of guy's game.

PlentyOffish was a big fat waste of time for me while I was on it. Out of say about 13 attractive women I sent emails to, about half responded back, only to go nowhere. One even told me how "she never responds to guys emails, but responded to mine because it was a great line that really made her laugh." But what do you know, this ones turns out to be a dud herself, as I send her a follow-up, only to never hear back. Similar situation with another girl on there, as I suggested we "talk" to which she ignores and doesn't counter offer, but is still keeping the ball rolling nevertheless. So I say f*ck this chick, I'm not playing on her terms, she's playing on MINE, and d*tched her. Yeah, PlentyOffish is a waste of time, like any other site. The real world is where it's at. I know that sounds so "cliche" on here, but it is the honest truth. There is nothing better than actually sarging in the real world. It's easier.

TheFlyOne

Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you guys sure others can see who has you saved as a favorite? I had know idea this was possible on POF.

Duffdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nutz said:
Preselection is what you saw. Use that!
What do you mean by that?

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Duffdog said:
What do you mean by that?
You've never heard of preselection? Okay, here you go:

http://www.pualingo.com/pua-definitions/pre-selection/

The communication of the PUA’s value based on his ability to provide evidence of already having women in his life and choosing to be by his side.

Pre-selection is not unique to MM; it has been studied extensively and observed by biologists in other species. Females tend to prefer males who have already been chosen by other females of their species. There are several reasons for this for evolutionary biological and sexual selection reasons.

First, the male must have some S&R value in order for other females to be interested in him. Thus, the presence of other females is an indicator of value.

Second, pre-selection, among all the DHV characteristics of an alpha male, is often the hardest trait to fake. This also applies in the animal kingdom. Whereby birds can disguise shorter tails behind bushes, it is not possible for them to replicate a fake female bird. In experiments that involved placing a female looking bird doll next to the male bird’s nest, the male birds with the dolls mated more frequently than their control counterparts without fake bird dolls.

Even in humans, the use of a woman through paying her (extreme example), still implies resources to wealth, and the social intelligence of setting up the arrangement. Pre-selection, though possibly wrong, is often the female’s best indicator of a male’s S&R value. Thus, natural selection has made sure that this observance is pre-wired into the female brain. A biological attraction trigger will go off when a woman sees a PUA with another woman of high value.

The best evidence of pre-selection is to have attractive HBs with you. In lieu of this, when a PUA is starting out, he must convey a presence of women in his life through DHVs embedded in his storylines and grounding sequences.
By having hot women post on your PoF, FB, or Myspace page/profile other women will see that and think there's something worth looking at. It makes them curious and drives preliminary attraction. This is the core of what makes celebs so popular and why people pay attention to them. It's because others are gawking at them so others see that and gawk as well.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had an account on there, but I only received favorite requests from fat chicks.

Duffdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nutz said:
You've never heard of preselection? Okay, here you go:

http://www.pualingo.com/pua-definitions/pre-selection/

By having hot women post on your PoF, FB, or Myspace page/profile other women will see that and think there's something worth looking at. It makes them curious and drives preliminary attraction. This is the core of what makes celebs so popular and why people pay attention to them. It's because others are gawking at them so others see that and gawk as well.
That I will agree with. There just seems to be an awful lot of lingo that goes with being a PUA which I do not know yet.

jonwon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had 41 favourites on PoF.

The place is AFC central, chicks included.

Usually free dating sites are.

Did I score? Nope, having shed loads of favourites on a free dating sites, means little (well in my case anyway) -

The point is, amongst all the hogs, single mothers, Old bags - you found probably 1 chick you could actually date or fuc* - But I gurantee that chick is all about the 'attention' - i.e for everyone of my favourites, these chicks had about 5 more - so 41 x 5 = 205 - and about 80% of them simpering beta ****s - and the girls love the attention.

I went out on two dates - one the girl was pritty hot, but we have ZERO in commen, she was into cheesy back end club type hip bars - did not float my boat at all -

The other was a girl who we went to the coast - All the way there, she got text after text from guys, from that site - which on the way back started to pi*s me off - She apologised for replying to all the texts - I told her to turn her phone off -

Did not see her again after that - my choice.

I left PoF about a day later, I was on it for around 2months, the place is shi* -

It's a poor mans bar, Whilst I was on PoF, I was meeting, dating and fuc*ing, girls i'd pick up in bars and clubs, but PoF? Forget it, its all about the 'attention' or there usually single mothers looking for the next 'provider' or porkers seeking 'validation'.

Whislt your profile is up also, you can almost become complacent, in thinking 'some chick soon will contact me and its all going to be good' - This never happens, its a fantasy - the fact is you have to go out there and make it happen, not wait for some chick to come through the internet and make it all cool.

My friend does great on a pay-site - but these free dating sites are shi* -

Can't beat the real world, this online thing - never really appealed to me.
Sitting infront of the PC, Msn some chick for hours on end has to be one of the most boring things I can thing to do with my time -.

I did get to speak and talk to a good few girls, even got some dirty pictures from girls, i.e naked infront of the mirror shots - that was about the best thing about the place - other then that, not reccommended.

Duffdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
in thinking 'some chick soon will contact me and its all going to be good' - This never happens, its a fantasy
In my case, this was not a fantasy. A couple of the girls were cute, but most were definitely out of their league when talking to me. A few times I was thinking to myself "wait a minute...I go to clubs with at least 2 hot strippers on my arm every friday and saturday if I want to, yet I am online giving this fat slob my attention in hopes that she will..what? Go on a date with me! wtf is wrong with with this picture!?!"

I do think that being complacent actually can mess things up, after all, if you are getting attention from girls without doing ANYTHING-- you have no incentive to improve your life. Not good.

jonwon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Duffdog said:
In my case, this was not a fantasy. A couple of the girls were cute, but most were definitely out of their league when talking to me. A few times I was thinking to myself "wait a minute...I go to clubs with at least 2 hot strippers on my arm every friday and saturday if I want to, yet I am online giving this fat slob my attention in hopes that she will..what? Go on a date with me! wtf is wrong with with this picture!?!"

I do think that being complacent actually can mess things up, after all, if you are getting attention from girls without doing ANYTHING-- you have no incentive to improve your life. Not good.
I got emails from chicks on the site rather regular.

Where they hot?

Nope, ugly to plain.

like I said the really hot ones where so far and few every AFC cun* on that site had them on there favourites. These chicks attention and validation had been sent into over-drive - So whilst your trying to 'game' some chick on the internet, the problem you also have is trying to sound different or appear different to the other 50 guys who just emailed her, because all the other chicks are fuc*ing pig ugly.

Also mens confidence or should I say AFC's confidence on the internet goes up at least a 1000 fold, i.e guys that would not dare to talk to a chick in real life will happily send emails, saying all sorts of AFC shi* to girls on dating sites:

Wow your so hot.
I'd be a lucky guy to be with some like you.
I'd love to take you out and pay for you all night.

Shi* like that.

Thats another problem with PoF - Its free so all the dregs of society get to go on it.

So for every single mother, fat ugly porker - there is an equal measure of simpering beta cun('s boosting the egos of all the other chicks on there.

What was interesting was the sheer deperation of the ug's, some of the emails I used to get would make your head spin - The desperation from these girls makes the worst AFC male seem like a stud!

One thing that seemed to be evident was also the fact that these sorts of people had ZERO desire to improve there chances and options, for example a fat ugly chick will be happy trauling through the possibilities but she wont, not once, think about actually doing something about her issues.

PoF i'd never do it again, it was a good social experiment if that, but for dates?

The time invested on that site, I could have had about 1 billion more possibilities in the real world, since PoF - was a big fat zero and every lead, lead to some:

A: emotionally fuc*ed up chick
B: kids - single mothers tied into debt
C: Chicks looking for ego validation

A waste of time.

Pay sites are different I hear, because it screens out these dregs, but i've never tried them.

I doubt you'll get hot chicks paying 25 a month for men to remind her how hot she is, and these single mothers on benifits cant afford to use them, so in that at least we've just removed a massive chunk of the usual PoF'er

Also every girl on my favourites was hot - like I said it ment nothing, After wading through the possibilities, even the ones that seemed ok, turned out to be messed up in some way.

Not reccommended, also I cant see how that site could be 'hard' to score from, especcially if a guys standards are rock bottom, mine are not.

Duffdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also every girl on my favourites was hot - like I said it ment nothing,
No big thing, but this is the opposite of what happened to me. A hot girl favorited ME-- not the other way around. That is very rare.