Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Can you really just walk around the mall all day making successful cold pick ups??

supertrooper

Don Juan
Reaction score
In my area I really don't see alot girls my age(18) on a day to day basis for some reason:confused: . Someone suggested I should go solo at the mall to work on my game, but when I look around the mall. I notice that anyone whos there, is there with a friend or someone. This is probably stupid, but my question is, will it look bad if I'm approaching girls and I am not there at the mall with someone? If it is a stupid question:D , can someone give me some convo starter topics besides hi? Thanks in advance.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, you can do that. Atleast, walking around and talking to them. Being successful is another story...too many "I'm seeing someone already" or "I have a boyfriend" lines...As far as a topic starter, what about a bag she's carrying, a desert she's eating, or an article of clothing or cd she's looking at.

aguynamedwill

Don Juan
Reaction score
shop assistants

flirt with the girls that work in the shops.

ask a price of something, exclaim how ridiculous that is and ask for a discount

ask them if they're made to wear that uniform (especially if there is no uniform!!)

go into every store, and no matter what they sell, ask to be shown the dvd players

i've done all these. some will get it, others won't. don't worry about it.

as for girls who are shopping, most do seem to go with someone. i've never approached a group, but i've been thinking about it to ask about a shirt/shoe/underpants 'does this look good on me?'

'dont' buy that radio!' why not? 'it makes your ass look fat'

Ofus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Cold pickups are hard to do (at least for me), plus they usually end up with really low success rates.

OleRyder

Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's what worked for me until I aged out of the mall crowd: go to men's dept and ask for perfume samples (classier one, duh: Grey Flannel, Blue, Fahrenheit). They'll spray them on those little sticks.

Armed with that, you can wander around the mall asking random girls for advice on the selection (apply C&F liberally). Once she picked the one that smells best in her opinion, invite her for a "field test". Downside is, as crazykid pointed out, most of them are attached.

Related topic: some stores ask for your zip code (Pier 1 and Academy here do). The line I like (OK, same downside - but it did get me a date with a solid 8) goes like this: "You know, I feel uncomfortable giving my zip to strangers. Let me get to know you better, and then I would. Let's meet for a cup of coffee at... on..."

krd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're over 18, beware. There are a lot of underage girls who shop at the mall. It can be tough to tell their age just by looking. I agree that doing pick ups at the mall may not be very effective, since it's realy not a social, pick-up environment. I guess it wouldn't hurt to go just to practice talking to girls, but I think if anybody is expecting any great results, they may end up disappointed.

Ofus, I couldn't help noticing your photo in the "Pictures" thread. That wasn't really you, was it?:eek: If so, I'd say to change your look just a tad, and you may get better results.

Ashlee Angel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I was single I would go to the mall with my boys and we would have contest. To see who could get the most numbers. And since the mall we went to had a movies the next week we would noramally have four or five dates.

It would be alot easier and you'll have more fun if you have your boys with you. I use to do that when I was 18. My brother and his friends do that and he just turned 15 he has about six or seven girls he talks to.

All me and my friends would do is if we seen a cute girl just go up to her and shake her hand ask her for her name she asked for mine. Then I said what brings you up here and ask how old she is and then if she is old enough get the number.

If there were girls with two three or even four we would do group PU's.

supertrooper

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback fellas, but where are some other places I can possibly get alot of pratice getting PUs:confused:

supertrooper

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by krd
If you're over 18, beware. There are a lot of underage girls who shop at the mall. It can be tough to tell their age just by looking.
I thought I was the only one that had this problem:D

Imbrondir

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by krd
If you're over 18, beware. There are a lot of underage girls who shop at the mall. It can be tough to tell their age just by looking.
I've said it before, and repeat:

Girls who's under 16 SHOULD wear sweat pants at all times! *sigh*

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by supertrooper
I thought I was the only one that had this problem:D
Puberty is hitting them way too early...make-up doesn't help either...

Ofus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by krd
Ofus, I couldn't help noticing your photo in the "Pictures" thread. That wasn't really you, was it?:eek: If so, I'd say to change your look just a tad, and you may get better results.
LOL

No, you got me, thats not really me.
I ganked that picture from the ebay parody at wtfman.com

SLIKKER_THAN_AVG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The mall can be a great place to get decensitized to rejection....just say f*ck it and move on. After a while you wont care anymore.

CyranoDeBergerac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, a lot of you seem to be relying on the whole power in numbers theory. If you've got back up you're fine, but if she's in a group, then you wuss out. C'mon, let's be men here.

OleRyder had a very good suggestion with the perfume. Whenever you're doing a cold pick up in an everyday environment (mall, library, coffee shop, bus stop, etc) Just ask a question. That's actually my favorite (and therefore best) way to meet people.

"Excuse me, I was wondering if you could tell me where the ice cream place is?

"Its over there..."

"Well as long as we're both heading in that direction..."

If you're looking for an ice-breaker, a question always lowers their guard, and establishes a connection. Throw in a joke here or there and viola.

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As a rule, I always sarge alone, unless I'm in a club. In that case, I take several **Competent** wingmen to keep my target's friends occupied while I go in for the close.

I'm very exacting and unforgiving in the degree of skill I look for when I select a wingman, because wingmen have to be of the utmost competence, or else they're just another hinderance. Read the wingmen article in The Book of Shuma Gora to hear more of my views on the subject.

Outside of the clubs, I always sarge alone. Even then, I don't actually "sarge" in the sense of looking to do pickups, I merely take advantage of what comes my way. again, I'm very exacting in the women I choose. They have to:

1. Be alone (no c*ckblocking friends in the immediate area to interfere)

2. Look good

3. Give a few definite buying signals

My tactics (which I rarely deviate from) generally include

1. approaching

2. Making meaningless small talk (e.g. where are you from, etc)

3. Al lthe while, I'm checking for interest level. I am at the point where I can do it subconsciously, without even thinking about it.

4. After what seems like 5 minutes or so has gone by, I look at my watch and say "I have to go, a friend of mine is waiting for me" or "I gotta go, i'm late for a class."

5. I then say "I enjoyed meeting you, perhaps I wil lhave time to talk with you again. What's your home phone number?"

6. I get the number (or not) and then get the hell out of there.

7. I generally wait 7 days to call. I never have problems doing this, b/c I am already busy, and sometimes I even forget to call. :)

8. After step 7, I see what life has in store for me, and then I play it from there.

thecraftylefty

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I love to do pickups at the mall. The hardest part for me is the age factor, as many of you have also experienced. But that doesn't deter me. I talk to the young girls anyway. It's decent practice cause most of them don't have the "***** shields" in full effect yet. They're only beginning to see that most guys will do almost anything for a pretty girl. So for me it's just good practice. Then when I see a chickie I like I give her a good look and wait for her response (quasi pAI/mAI for you speed seducers). Next I move in if I feel a positive vibe and if not I'll either move on or if I'm up for a challenge I'll go for it. I get the best results when the target gives me the green light (a smile or good eye contact). Work my game and flow with it then bingo, it's all good.

"If your rap is strong it can't go wrong."

thecraftylefty