Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Can you buy weed in Colorado now if you live in a different state?

Married Buried

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought you had to have a Colorado ID to buy from the marijuana shop? According to this article though:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/01/01/colorado-pot-shops/4275267/

and users — must be at least 21 years old, and purchases are limited to an ounce at a time for state residents, a quarter of an ounce for out-of-state buyers. Many stores, concerned about supply, are limiting purchases even more.
Who wants to go on a road trip! Would suck getting busted on the way back though.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes. I live here.

You just cant take it out of state (legally) and there are limits on how much you can buy.

If I were you I'd wait until the hype blows over----there are only 17 shops selling right now and they will be sold out very quick. Plus there are a lot of legalities the state and city gov't are still working out.

Right now the tax is 30%, and the average price for an 8th of high-grade stuff is about $30. So $39 give or take for an 8th ounce.

dasein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Based on some things posted, just want to caution those who may not realize that many states now suspend your driving license for a year or more on any drug possession charge, even a single roach, together with onerous and costly reinstatement requirements.

Moreover, many corrupt local police bureaucracies go straight to blood tests invoking their implied consent choice and will charge DUI on -any- amount of THC in the blood, even if smoked weeks ago and far away. This has been held unconstitutional in several states, but it will cost you $10,000-20,000 in legal fees to get to the level of court where that means anything. Have a minor fender bender with someone the arriving cop knows, and get ready to be railroaded in whatever ways, don't have anything in your blood at this point, even weeks old, or get screwed. Same if the cop doesn't like you (you are male) or the cop just let off a chick and needs to balance out their internal sense of fair play (you are a male).

This exact scenario has happened to me three times in my life, all involving minor accidents with women who knew the cop, all in cases where the accident was very minor, and entirely her fault. In all three cases, the cop fabricated the accident report in blatant ways. In two of the cases, truth outed along the way and I was unharmed legally or financially. The third time the crooked cops won and I was out over $10,000.

Finally, even in states where pot is legal, -driving- with any in your system may not be, and usually is not. Be very careful in planning and doing any kind of "weed junkets" to U.S. states, especially if any driving is involved back and forth or during.

And truthfully, it's just plain stupid in the nanny-hysteria stranger danger state status quo to operate an automobile regularly as a weed smoker, especially at night. If one must, never ever smoke in the car, keep no paraphenalia of any type on your person or in the car, don't have hipster stickers or indicia of "stoner" on you or in the car, drive a boring "mom" type car if possible, minivan, boring sedan, keep smoking entirely in the house, curtail night driving smoking or no. Come to complete stops, keep your brake lights and other lights working, tires inflated, tag updated.

Just because a couple of states legalize or decriminalize doesn't mean MADD and the local brownshirt cops suddenly transformed into reasonable people from the human scum they are now.

Married Buried

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Colossus said:
Yes. I live here.

You just cant take it out of state (legally) and there are limits on how much you can buy.

If I were you I'd wait until the hype blows over----there are only 17 shops selling right now and they will be sold out very quick. Plus there are a lot of legalities the state and city gov't are still working out.

Right now the tax is 30%, and the average price for an 8th of high-grade stuff is about $30. So $39 give or take for an 8th ounce.
You lucky b@stard! Did you buy any yet? Can I order online? There has to be a way to get it to the east coast.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Malice said:
You lucky b@stard! Did you buy any yet? Can I order online? There has to be a way to get it to the east coast.
Haha no. I stopped by one of the legal shops today and there was a line down the street. Will probably wait till things cool down. You definitely cannot order online---must be here.

Regarding the various legalities Dasein, I NEVER carry or use in my vehicle, except when transporting it home of course. Best to keep those things separate. Here if you are just a home user the risk is essentially zero.

The drugged driving laws are scary though. "Implied Consent" gives the state the right to make you submit to a blood test if you operate a motor vehicle and they have probable cause. The level of impairment is 5 ng/ml, which I have no idea what that translates to in terms of usage frequency. If you refuse its an automatic 1 year suspension of license. You can also the get the equivalent of DUI punishment (severe here) if you are a habitual user of controlled substances and driving a car.

Basically what it amounts to is don't give police reasonable suspicion to think you are even remotely under the influence of a substance while driving a vehicle, keep your vehicle legal and low profile if you do partake regularly, and don't drive blazed.

dasein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Colossus said:
Regarding the various legalities Dasein, I NEVER carry or use in my vehicle, except when transporting it home of course. Best to keep those things separate. Here if you are just a home user the risk is essentially zero.

The drugged driving laws are scary though. "Implied Consent" gives the state the right to make you submit to a blood test if you operate a motor vehicle and they have probable cause. The level of impairment is 5 ng/ml, which I have no idea what that translates to in terms of usage frequency.
Glad to hear it. What most folks don't realize is that the statutes have been so broadly and poorly drafted today in response to femnanny witchunt hysteria that the statutory amounts you read about, 5 ng/ml, .08 BAC are just the "presumption points" where the prosecution's burden becomes absurdly and abusively easy. Police can and do stick people with DUIs every day for lower quantities of alcohol or anything in your system. Most local court, DA and police systems are so corrupt that regardless of what all the lawyer ads say, your chance of getting off once being charged are practically nil. Note that no DUI lawyer ads on the web tout their W/L record ;)

Hate to say it, but the safest option for drinkers and smokers is don't drive at night at all unless necessary, stone sober and straight or no. Cab it or get a nondrinker nonsmoker to drive. The system is so corrupt now that being stone sober is no protection from the machine.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Police can and do stick people with DUIs every day for lower quantities of alcohol

My girlfriend got one for a .07 BAC. It's supposed to be .08 in my state. The stop was bad and could have easily been thrown out, so I hired a lawyer - who went to both high school and law school with me. We knew each other well; we were friends in high school. And he STILL fvcked us by refusing to do any work at all on the case. She got the same plea deal everyone else gets.

Every state has implied consent, but it works a little different in each state. Usually, it is just an administrative penalty like a longer license suspension that they punish you with for refusing a test. But in Texas, police may use force to get their sample, so they can tackle you, pin you down, and stick a needle in you against your will.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, don't buy weed or smoke weed bro. Marijuana was never meant for you to smoke no matter what people say or how many praise that it has treating abilities. Notice it never cure anything though?

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
Wouldn't it be best to refuse the test and then hire a lawyer? Assuming one could afford it of course.

Agreeing to the breathalyzer is just plain crazy, in my opinion.
In Colorado if you refuse you are essentially admitting guilt and can be charged as such. Automatic license revocation. Also:
Generally, an arrested person has no right to consult with an attorney before taking a chemical test. Drake v. Colorado Dept. of Revenue, Motor Vehicle Div., 674 P.2d 359 (1984).
You CAN opt for a blood test, which may buy you time if you are drunk, but refusal is self-damnation. You are fvcked.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
The portable ones that the cops carry are not nearly as accurate as the big one at the police station. It is my understanding, and this probably varies by location, that you have the right to refuse the portable and take the test at the police station. My gf's ex husband was a city cop when they were married, and that's what he told her to do if she thought it would be close. You have the extra time it takes them to get you to the police station to try to get your BAC down.

Fatal Jay said:
Man, don't buy weed or smoke weed bro
Grow it and eat it?

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^
The ancients used hemp for many properties. Not inside their huts getting stoned and giggling eating snacks. Show me one ground breaking invention or idea made up from being stoned?

dasein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
Wouldn't it be best to refuse the test and then hire a lawyer? Assuming one could afford it of course.

When they stop me, I'm usually pretty perturbed and refuse to give any information whatsoever, so they dam sure ain't gonna get me to stick a breathalyzer in my mouth. I get pizzed when they ask, "So where are you coming back from?" None of their fvucking business.
The roadside device is generally called an "alcosensor" and the breath machine at the station is an "intoxilyzer." In my jurisdiction (no idea of the law elsewhere) field sobriety tests including the alcosensor may be refused without legal consequence, HOWEVER, refusal may be entered into evidence at trial (some judges are more fair on this). Also in my jurisdiction, the state has the first choice of test, blood, breath or urine, in its sole discretion, and you may then request a test of your choosing and they are obligated to take you where that can be done on their dime (you must pay for the test, they have to transport you though). HOWEVER, if it's the local hospital, many of those are part of the corruption/revenue wheel, and each test can be easily doctored to show more alcohol. Simply hold a lighter under a blood sample for a few seconds and have a good chance of moving a "blank" sample into "DUI" land. The weakness of custodial standards in DUI evidence makes fluid tests very easy to tamper with even falsify entirely and will cost you thousands to prove this has been done. Curiously, the state agencies that perform gas chromatography on blood samples do not perform any tests whatsoever on the integrity of the sample itself and there is no requirement for the state to even prove it's your blood in order to have it admitted. ;)

IF YOU REFUSE the state required test in my jurisdiction, you will lose your license instantly for a year pursuant to an administrative license suspension. Despite that this is unconstitutional per se, no one will challenge the DUI enforcement machine in this and lots of ways. Then, the burdens are so light on prosecution and jury pools so ignorant and poisoned with propaganda about DUIs (jury pools are very obviously doctored towards prosecution friendly likelihood in many jurisdictions I've worked in, an inexplicably high number of "church lady" types in the box many places) that you can lose your license and then get convicted of the DUI anyway despite the state not having much evidence. They will show the vid of your arrest and then put a "show trial cop" on the stand from the state police who is specially trained, often an attractive young woman, to cloud the line between being impaired yet not looking at all drunk (all those PSAs of "buzzed driving is drunk driving" are part of this propaganda scheme), and try to confuse the jury that any amount of alcohol is highly dangerous despite that you look stone sober on the video. Finally, few lawyers will do a DUI trial for less than 5-10k today and the odds of losing are very high. This is not just the fault of crappy lawyers, of which there are many, but due to the infernal complexity of DUI law in most jurisdictions, it is constantly changing and there is massive case precedent to keep up with.

Without going into a lot more detail, what we have in the U.S. now is a stupid, randomized jury pool who has been subject to 40 years of lying federal propaganda about the true number of drunk driving deaths in the U.S. Add to this the propensity of cops to be the most fluid and frequent perjurers IME and judges with dockets full of drug possession and duis get annoyed when DUI tickets won't simply "take their medicine like a good boy." (In my jurisdiction, about 80% of DUIs are male, women are very often allowed to "you drive straight on home now sweetie, I don't want to see you out here again tonight or you are going to be in trouble!" Men are very rarely given any leeway). All of these factors stack the deck against you.

So a jury is a complete coin toss, but in general, you want more younger men and minorities on a DUI jury because men and minorities are disproportionately affected by the "blood crime" witchhunt.

The main thing I hope folks take away here is that once you are got, you are got, and if they want to get you, they got you, whenever, wherever they want. The chances of being railroaded are so high that I tell all clients that driving an automobile in any state of buzz or even totally sober, regardless of what the statutory limits say, is one of the more risky things one can do today. Avoid it if and when possible, esp at night.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fatal Jay said:
Man, don't buy weed or smoke weed bro. Marijuana was never meant for you to smoke no matter what people say or how many praise that it has treating abilities. Notice it never cure anything though?
I know weed isn't nowhere near as strong a drug as cocaine or heroin or that other stuff but I don't use it just because I have seen what it has done to friends. I have no doubt the vast majority of people will have no ill effects, but I've had some friends that basically became stoners that smoke weed in their room 24/7. Too many to be a coincidence. I think it is like alcohol in a way. Not everyone reacts the same way, yet you can't know how you react to it, until you've been using it semi-regularly.

With all mind altering substances, you have to ask: Why am I using this mind altering substance? Why do I like my mind being altering? I think some people genuinely enjoy the stuff, and I think some people use it to escape the miserable life they are in.

Vantagepoint34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Police can and do stick people with DUIs every day for lower quantities of alcohol

My girlfriend got one for a .07 BAC. It's supposed to be .08 in my state. The stop was bad and could have easily been thrown out, so I hired a lawyer - who went to both high school and law school with me. We knew each other well; we were friends in high school. And he STILL fvcked us by refusing to do any work at all on the case. She got the same plea deal everyone else gets.

Every state has implied consent, but it works a little different in each state. Usually, it is just an administrative penalty like a longer license suspension that they punish you with for refusing a test. But in Texas, police may use force to get their sample, so they can tackle you, pin you down, and stick a needle in you against your will.
Doesn't that work something like reasonable suspicion? Like the way they try and "get you".

MaddXMan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, if you have a friend in CO. Have them buy for you, wrap it tight and pack it in coffee, and mail to you.

Married Buried

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MaddXMan said:
Yes, if you have a friend in CO. Have them buy for you, wrap it tight and pack it in coffee, and mail to you.
That is risky business. Not sure I want my name on that package. Colossus can you send me a package under the name Joe Smith?

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ArcBound said:
I know weed isn't nowhere near as strong a drug as cocaine or heroin or that other stuff but I don't use it just because I have seen what it has done to friends. I have no doubt the vast majority of people will have no ill effects, but I've had some friends that basically became stoners that smoke weed in their room 24/7. Too many to be a coincidence. I think it is like alcohol in a way. Not everyone reacts the same way, yet you can't know how you react to it, until you've been using it semi-regularly.

With all mind altering substances, you have to ask: Why am I using this mind altering substance? Why do I like my mind being altering? I think some people genuinely enjoy the stuff, and I think some people use it to escape the miserable life they are in.

Yeah I've heard this anecdote thousands of times. And I personally have had friends who became "burnouts" of sorts. I think it depends a lot on your individual constitution to begin with. A lazy guy with poor discipline and no big dreams = burnout waiting to happen.

I truly enjoy cannabis and I dont find it is a hindrance in my life up to a certain point. I can tolerate moderate (a few puffs at night) daily usage for a while, but I do get "hazy" after a week or two and need to take a few days off. I am very accustomed to the effects however and it seems to work well with my brain chemistry.

Alcohol, on the other hand, I cannot stand. I enjoy A beer, perhaps 2 once in a blue moon, but I have never liked the way it makes me feel and makes me act. I drank a lot in college like most people, but it was because that's what I felt I had to do to fit in and be social. Now that I'm free of all that B.S., I pretty much just don't drink. Haven't been drunk in a full year, don't miss it one iota.