Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

can you be a drug addict and an Alpha Male at the same time?

CostaDeSol

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i've started hanging out around a lot of smokers, stoners, drug users, and they all ask me the same thing: why don't i use drugs?

i usually lie, but what i would like to tell them is that i think they are lowering their value by investing time and money into drugs.

i'm pretty skeptical of weed and cigarettes so i stay away from those, and I try to keep my drinking down to only once a week. but i do drink a lot of coffee.

I just can't see how its possible to raise your value when your so reliant on drugs.

do any of you agree/disagree?

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You always become like the people you hang around with. It doesn't work the other way around.

You need to cut yourself loose from them before you get dragged into their lifestyle.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Drugs" to me means hard stuff: coke, meth & heroin. Those are dead ends as far as lifestyle choices go; nothing good is ever going to come of it. I know a 47 y/o who died from heroin last week.

Pills would be one step down from hard drugs. Anyone who tries hard enough can get a doc to write them enough scripts to keep a person zonked out of their mind all day every day. And it's legal. And your tax dollars often pay for it through welfare healthcare.

Cigarettes are a slow death wish. The tobacco plant is radioactive; that's why it causes cancer.

Pot is on its way to being legal and I don't think is fair to lump under the umbrella of "drugs." Stoners are their own little clique of society, but they do include a lot of hot stoner chicks. Mary Jane was my wing woman all through college :cool:

Stort_Brød

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Is there really a difference to the guy that smokes hooch than the one that goes out to the bar drinking? other than legalities. they are both a crutch and I can guarantee you a high % of the worlds most alpha males drink or indulge in some recreational drugs here or there and some a lot more often than not.

People don't bat an eyelid at the bloke that goes out to the bar drinking each weekend and smokes a pack of cigarettes. but if someone lights up a doobie then they are satans spawn. As long as it doesn't start to control your life as in it is an all day every day sort of habbit / addiction I don't see the harm in it. It is when you start getting into the whole meth, heroin, cocaine and hard drugs then that sort of thing is unacceptable.

Okay I don't drink or smoke or toke any more
But when drinking and smoking hooch was a regular thing I would much rather kick back with a blaze than sinking a box of beer or a bottle of rum. I used to see all my old mates go out drinking getting absolutely messed up and in fights and there was me just stoned chilling out enjoying my night talking to interesting people instead of vomiting my guts out.

So yes I do believe you can maintain being an alpha because being alpha has a lot to do with controlling your environment not letting it control you.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
please note there is a differnece, a night and day difference between someone who uses drugs and a drug addict.

once in a very very blue moon i will tote some weed. My wife likes to smoke weed as well but we are talking, maybe 4-5 times a year. I'll do it basically just to make **** interesting lol and she really thinks she's doing something but it pales in comparison to my real drug of choice (Crack) lol she has no idea.

I don't see anything wrong with that. I don't need it.

A drug ADDICT on the other hand, someone who HAS to have the drug, there is nothing alpha about it whatsoever. There's alot i don't share about my drug history, honestly beucase most of it is pretty ****ing embarrassing; the stoops of what i would allow tog o on just to use my drug of choice, the **** I did, the **** i promised and broke to use drugs, you could step over my self esteem the day I got clean.

I was on a really good (or bad depending on oyur take) binge one night and i just could not not have more. htis was some good ****. so i called everyone i knew one night and no one had any or it was too late. this chick i was with said she new someone but he lived in cabot. which was like a good 45 minutes from my house at the time. he wouldn't pick up the phone but she promised me he was there. and i was like **** it let's go lol. high as kite. drove 45 mintues to get there, and while he was there he only had a 20 on him, so we drove 45 mintues to get the ****, drove back to my house to smoke the 20 which i can do by myself in 10 mintues easily, and she smokes the **** up, that i paid for lol, in my face. "i didnt' kow you wanted it" rotfl. i can laugh about it now. can you imagine how low my self esteem was that night? i drove 2 hours for 20 dollars of dope that i didn't even get to smoke. and i didn't even get any head or antyhing i just got ****ed over all around.

ONe day I told my mom i would go out to eat with her and instead I wanted a hit of dope so bad i parked my car outside of the laundry mat waiting for someone that looked like they were on some **** lol , just so i can ask them to take me to get a hit. it took an hour and hten when i got there i basically told my mom to **** off.

probably the pure highest i've ever been in my life, i took one hit of this **** and i was renting a hotel room at the best western, I got in the car, beucase i knew the police were outside, and went and got a hotel room at motel 6 about 10 miles a way. And I was so high i kept getting in the car and going to the hother hotel room beucase i knew they were coming from me man lol. anyway, i was with this cutie pie, and she had a truck. i was so high, we parked my car at hotel 6 and "switched it up" and took her truck to the best western and when we were about out of dope i gave her 100 dollars and told her to go get some more

lol yeah she left me there. never came back. my wallet was in my car, i didn't trust this ***** so i didn't want my wallet on me, and my car was 10 miles away at motel 6. i can't call my mom or dad and say hey it' sbavckbrekaer, look i'm high as a kite i don't know where my car is lol come get me lol. so i had to walk 10 miles back to my car. took about 2 hours or so. the whole time i'm telling myself how i'm done with this ****, this is so embarssing.

what's the first fvcking thing I do when i get my ass home? call the dope man lol. i bull**** you not.

there is nothing alpha about being a drug addict. nothing whatsoever. i don't care how much they glorify it.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^What he said.

Anything you cannot say NO to is your master, and you are it's slave.

I don't think moderate drink or marijuana is an issue for those who can, well, keep it moderate. I know several high-functioning (no pun intended) stoners--accountants, lawyers, even a psychologist. Heck I smoke or vaporize 5-6 days a week now, but I can also put the bong down when I need to or when I feel my mind needs to clear up. You just have to know when to say when. I barely touched it in graduate school.

I've also known plenty of pothead burnouts who are worthless, but they are usually into other drugs as well. And we all have known alcoholics, although alcohol has more destructive potential, both in terms of health and behavior.

Personally, I don't think real drugs (coke, crack, heroin, opiates) can be used "recreationally". And this is my medical opinion as a healthcare provider.

CostaDeSol

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Atom Smasher said:
You always become like the people you hang around with. It doesn't work the other way around.

You need to cut yourself loose from them before you get dragged into their lifestyle.

Tictac said:
Do you really need these people to be around you?

well this was part of the reason why i wrote this post, i think i was reflecting on the downside of spending time with those people, and that i was worried i may eventually pick up their habits.

i won't be socializing with them too much, but i do go to their parties about once a month.

CostaDeSol

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
once in a very very blue moon i will tote some weed. My wife likes to smoke weed as well but we are talking, maybe 4-5 times a year. I'll do it basically just to make **** interesting lol and she really thinks she's doing something but it pales in comparison to my real drug of choice (Crack) lol she has no idea.
if i ever have a wife, i could see myself doing this with her

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drugs = risk taking, rebellion, individuality, no fear, indifferent to authority
Drug addict = weakness, emotional instability
Totally straight = focussed, discipline,
Just drinks and smokes = conformist, has no discipline but too cowardly to try anything but state and parent approved drugs. Herd runner.

Married Buried

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker my real drug of choice (Crack) lol she has no idea.

Why would your drug of choice be crack? You hit it and the high is gone in 10 minutes. You should graduate to Meth. Much better at least you don't need to hit the pipe every 5 minutes like a fiend. I am not a fan of either. I made my own crack once, those were dark days. Cooked the coke in the spoon with the baking soda. I just like weed now but never smoke it.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I tried meth. just wasn't my thing. different strokes i suppose. not my type of high. it doesn't hit you like crack did.

People who have not ever smoked crack (which i presume is everyone in this thread expect me lol) cannot possibly fathom the potency and instant high of it. Makes weed look like NyQuill

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Crack gives me a buzz about like nicotine. Then its gone in sixty seconds, replaced by a craving for more, and I am left wondering why I spent money on something so stupid. The two guys I was doing it with in college were both destroying their lives with it. They were college students with rich parents who didn't realize where their money was going. One of the guys, after he sold his car for crack, would often pick up a random house appliance and carry it into the Tampa ghetto in the middle of the night to trade for more crack. That guy's parents eventually moved him to Orlando, the last story I heard about him was that he drove his car from Orlando to Tampa on a bare rim, going 10 mph on the I-4 shoulder all night. You can probably guess where he was going.

Driggs

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Drug lords are extreme alpha but also extreme coke addicts.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Crack gives me a buzz about like nicotine. Then its gone in sixty seconds, replaced by a craving for more, and I am left wondering why I spent money on something so stupid. The two guys I was doing it with in college were both destroying their lives with it. They were college students with rich parents who didn't realize where their money was going. One of the guys, after he sold his car for crack, would often pick up a random house appliance and carry it into the Tampa ghetto in the middle of the night to trade for more crack. That guy's parents eventually moved him to Orlando, the last story I heard about him was that he drove his car from Orlando to Tampa on a bare rim, going 10 mph on the I-4 shoulder all night. You can probably guess where he was going.
you didn't smoke it long enough to learn what you were doing.

it took me really, about a solid week to get "hooked". I wasn't using it everyday but once I did it the first time i got a pretty ****ty high. i was like what hte hell is the big deal, this isn't that bad. i got a buzz, but nothing major. so i didn't see why i couldn't keep doing it if this was it.

that changed once i learned what I was doing. that took about a week, someone showed me how to not burn my ****, the proper way to enhale, etc. that first time though i got a real hit it was over lol.

that's really why i never got into meth. you have to learn how to smoke meth as well and that **** makes smoking crack look like pre school ****. I got frustrated and quit lol. i'm sure if i ever stuck with it i would like it, but i could not and the money at the time wasn't the problem.

my only real saving grace is that i never really wanted to be a drug addict. i didn't like the drug addict life style, i didn't like the people i hung out with, i didn't like any of that. so the first sign of a change i took it and ran

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a buddy who was into meth for a while. He kept telling me that if it was injected, then it didn't do nearly the same harm as if it were smoked or snorted. We associate needles with the end of the road for a drug user, because it takes a lot of time to get to that point, and there is already a lot of damage done. Dentists still have never exactly figured out why smoking meth makes teeth fall out.

The bpd girl I know was once a client of a methadone clinic when she was getting off heroin. Those clinics are built around the concept of functional addiction. Hers was only open from 6-8 am, so it forced people to get out of bed early. They got their high taken care of right away, instead of spending all day scraping up a few dollars and tracking down a dealer. So then they had time to do things like look for a job. If you were good and followed the rules, the clinic would let you start taking your methadone home instead of having to come in every day. They seemed to have a pretty good system. Instead of saying "drugs are bad; just say no," their approach is more realistic.

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i think its possible, but not for most people

there were guys like stevie ray vaughn and lawrence taylor who were masters of their craft and become extremely successful while being addicted to drugs, in fact the drugs may have been a big part of the reason that all made them rise to such great heights

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Colossus said:
Anything you cannot say NO to is your master, and you are it's slave.
Plagiarism, yo! Actually I cannot take credit, it was Victory Unlimited.

SecondHalf

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CostaDeSol said:
i've started hanging out around a lot of smokers, stoners, drug users, and they all ask me the same thing: why don't i use drugs?

i usually lie, but what i would like to tell them is that i think they are lowering their value by investing time and money into drugs.

i'm pretty skeptical of weed and cigarettes so i stay away from those, and I try to keep my drinking down to only once a week. but i do drink a lot of coffee.

I just can't see how its possible to raise your value when your so reliant on drugs.

do any of you agree/disagree?
An alpha in one tribe is a beta in another.
It's all relative.

Costa, what are your goals?
Do you think these friends will pose a risk to those goals?

The best advice I can give you is to focus now and benefit later. You can drift for years in a mediocre life before you wake up and strive to reach your full potential.

To a degree I understand the distraction from your goals to get a break, have some fun, but when a distraction is an escape from reality, an artificial glow, you can never look back and reflect on it as an accomplishment. Not like climbing a mountain etc. In all likelihood you will look back and wish you had that wasted time back.

SH