Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Can we get rid of this profanity filter?

dap

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The profanity filter on this site makes alot of posts unreadable. Besides, some threads on this form go into detail about having sex, etc, and whoever can read about that can see a curse word. People just find ways around the filter to get out what they are trying to say anyway. If you absolutely must, maybe just turn it on for the highschool forum? It would really make communication much easier on this forum.

Edit: I've read past threads about this, and people have general said that the admin(s) do not want profanity on this board. Well, obviously this method is not working. Perhaps we can try something else.

Thoughts?

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
like that last thread about this (which was like 3 days ago)... skilla-staz said it best: you can get your point across without curse words... or something like that.

i'll decode it for you

"pvssy" = vagina
"d1ck" = penis
"fvck" = have sex with
"cvm" = to ejaculate

pretty much when you're about to use the censored word on the left... come back to this post and copy the word on the right and paste it in replacement.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=121707
Skilla_Staz said:
This forum isn't all about getting laid.

Plus, you can get your point across without swearing.

Facebook and them aren't forums. They're like MySpace...

To add to my previous comment...

The internet has caused many people to change the way they type by using shorthand, by spelling things all funky. Soon enough you'll learn to type sh*t by putting an asterisk in place of an important vowel. Either that or you'll learn to remain civil when discussing a topic.

PS. Refraining from swearing every other word not only makes you look somewhat intelligent, it also makes swearing more effective. Think of somebod you know who NEVER cusses. Now, if they got in your face and said "I'm going to f*cking kill you." Would that be more intimidating than it coming from your friend who says f*ck every 15 seconds?

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Can we say ass? I hate typing out arse because I'm anal about spelling things correctly.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Yay! I can say ass!

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What the fvck is up with this shyt?

Read Senor Fingers' posts to get a lesson in censorship avoidance mastery! :yes:

PheonixUK

Don Juan
Reaction score
If people can get around the filter then what is the purpose of the filter.
All it seems to achieve is lowering the English quality of the forum and scaring newbies

Vypros

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not the cuss words that bother me.

It's other words. Take for instance:

******d

why the heck does the site star out "ovtwar"????

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
personally, I think it is better to just stay civil. Swearing is only funny in person, but on an internet site it just looks silly.

comic_relief

P.S. this has been debated a thousand times before and Allen won't do it for some reason or other.

dap

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
PheonixUK said:
If people can get around the filter then what is the purpose of the filter.
All it seems to achieve is lowering the English quality of the forum and scaring newbies
I agree. But, I can also see why some people say that it is better to not use profanity, but even they must admit that the current system isnt stopping anyone from doing so. Get rid of the filter

whistler

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
---

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I say make it a trade off. Replace the filter with a mandatory spell checker which not only checks spelling but also blocks text message type abbreviations from posts and I'll be all for it. :up:

MuayThai

Banned
Reaction score
Profanity filters are for websites which cater to under 14's, I don't quite see the point with this website.

Allen must be trying to make it family friendly. Lol