Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Can testosterone therapy alone turn a lifelong beta male into an alpha male?

Reaction score
Lifelong beta, just over a year away from turning 40. I've always known that I have alpha potential (maybe every guy does?) and have shown flashes but am still firmly stuck in beta-land. I finally don't give a shyt about my mother-of-all-oneitises, but that was the only thing that even came close to motivating me to get my shyt together. The one hope I keep clinging to is what I've read Pook say on here about testosterone and how all things masculine begin and end with it.

I finally got hired at the job where I've been temping and will have health insurance again starting in July so I can get back on the testosterone. I was on it for a short time a few years ago (then I got laid off from where I was working and couldn't afford the COBRA insurance), and though I never got the chance to have my level tested again while I was on it, I was able to handle what would have been a very stressful period in my life fairly calmly, was feeling more confident and goal oriented, etc.

When I say "testosterone therapy alone", I don't mean I expect to get some injections and magically turn into an alpha overnight. But I'm hoping it will give me the drive, determination, hunger, to improve myself that I've never had consistently. Thanks.

moneyisking

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know, but that is something I thought about as someone who loves lifting heavy iron; personally I would never do it b/c my Asian background and culture rejects the idea of putting something of outside into my body for enhancement or whatever purposes, but absolutely no judgement to you if you try. I, however, want to question about the effectiveness of that therapy. Would injecting testosterone, which is a matter of physiological basis, affect the realm or dimension of the psychological/mental basis (aka your confidence level)? I never had the chance to take steroids or testosterone, so I can never tell. It could, but maybe not; who knows? But my personal view is that it won't work; if you try, let us know.

switch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude as a medical man i advice against this unless a professional "prescribes" it for you... high testosterone therapy causes loss of hair,increase risk of heart attacks,lowered fertilization power blah blah blah...it has many side effects.,
you should talk to your doctor first

Reaction score
switch said:
dude as a medical man i advice against this unless a professional "prescribes" it for you... high testosterone therapy causes loss of hair,increase risk of heart attacks,lowered fertilization power blah blah blah...it has many side effects.,
you should talk to your doctor first
I was getting it prescribed from a doctor. That's why I mentioned having health insurance again so I can get back on it.

jhl

Don Juan
Reaction score
My god unless you have testosterone deficiency I highly advise going against this route. Exercise, lift, eat foods that would drive testosterone levels higher. Are you crazy to risk the side effects associated with it JUST to become "alpha" (if that ever does happen).

Imagine that you do get the results you show, I bet you'll end up become psychologically dependent on testosterone injections to maintain your "alpha" mindset and you'll have to take it for the rest of your life.

NOT WORTH IT.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CasanovaFrankenstein said:
I was getting it prescribed from a doctor. That's why I mentioned having health insurance again so I can get back on it.
Sounds like you were diagnosed with low testosterone then.
You are probably in the best position to answer your own question, since you've been on it before.

I've thought of getting myself checked before, just to see if it might improve my energy levels and motivation. I'm getting up there in years. I don't think I could deal with hair loss though :)

moneyisking

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
like jhl said, I highly advise strength training. I used to be beta, but ever since lifting, I am no beta no more. I can't say I am super alpha, but at least I don't go around getting messed around and I became lot more confrontational in appropriate situations. don't do those magazine isolation crap. Do real man's compound lifting like bench press, overhead press, squats, deadlifts, pull ups, barbell rows.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hard to say but for sure those high levels of hormones can modify not only the body but most importantly the behaviour.

Im sure those who beginned lifting weights in high school noticed a certain effect not only in body but in behaviour only after few weeks of lifting, you feel more self-confident, less concerned about teacher judment and people judment in general but somehow you get angry much more easily than before or better yet you get angry as before but you get violent much more faster.

Anybody can relate?

Reaction score
zekko said:
Sounds like you were diagnosed with low testosterone then.
You are probably in the best position to answer your own question, since you've been on it before.

I've thought of getting myself checked before, just to see if it might improve my energy levels and motivation. I'm getting up there in years. I don't think I could deal with hair loss though :)
Yes I asked to have my T tested in Sept. of 09 (when I still had health insurance) and my testosterone level was 198, and a "normal" level is between 241-827. But what I've read is that whoever decided that range would be "normal" just took the most common range among men who got tested. It may be common enough for a man to have a T level in the mid 200s, but it's nowhere near ideal. But even including men with such a low level as "normal", at 198 I was below even that. I just wish I had known enough to have my levels tested when I was younger. Looking back I suspect that my level was always low, and my level being low in my late 30s really doesn't tell me anything because its common for men my age to have low T.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who Dares Win said:
Im sure those who beginned lifting weights in high school noticed a certain effect not only in body but in behaviour only after few weeks of lifting, you feel more self-confident, less concerned about teacher judment and people judment in general but somehow you get angry much more easily than before or better yet you get angry as before but you get violent much more faster.
I started lifting weights in my 20s and I definitely noticed that I became a lot more aggressive, and started getting into scraps more.

Now, I'm still lifting weights, but I'm no longer so quick to violence. I don't know if I've just mentally adjusted to it or if my testosterone levels have dropped due to age.

Yes I asked to have my T tested in Sept. of 09 (when I still had health insurance) and my testosterone level was 198, and a "normal" level is between 241-827.
Seems like a fairly wide "normal" range.
When you T level is actually low like this, and you take something to increase it into normal levels, are you still running the risk of the side effects, like losing your hair? Or are those only going to show up if you boost your testosterone beyond normal limits?

My guess is even normal levels could make you go bald, because there are a lot of guys out there whose hair falls out when they get older, but I don't know.

Looking back I suspect that my level was always low, and my level being low in my late 30s really doesn't tell me anything because its common for men my age to have low T.
I bet you were in the normal range back in your twenties. Maybe you weren't on the higher end though (without knowing specifically what you are referring to).

Groovy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes I asked to have my T tested in Sept. of 09 (when I still had health insurance) and my testosterone level was 198, and a "normal" level is between 241-827. But what I've read is that whoever decided that range would be "normal" just took the most common range among men who got tested. It may be common enough for a man to have a T level in the mid 200s, but it's nowhere near ideal. But even including men with such a low level as "normal", at 198 I was below even that. I just wish I had known enough to have my levels tested when I was younger. Looking back I suspect that my level was always low, and my level being low in my late 30s really doesn't tell me anything because its common for men my age to have low T.
Wait bro, ur T is 198?

Do u have very horrible depression, hair loss, impotence, watery semen and extremley low confidence? Diarrea in early morning? What else man? U must be going through living hell.

U must have extremley low energy too. Yes, ur bad health is making u a beta male.

But what are the measurments of that 198 score?

Reaction score
Groovy said:
Wait bro, ur T is 198?

Do u have very horrible depression, hair loss, impotence, watery semen and extremley low confidence? Diarrea in early morning? What else man? U must be going through living hell.

U must have extremley low energy too. Yes, ur bad health is making u a beta male.

But what are the measurments of that 198 score?
Depression, big time. No hair loss or impotence. Extremely low confidence is accurate I think. No diarrhea, thank god, that's all I need LOL. Yes, very low energy. As far as the measurements of the score, I don't know what that means. If you mean active T and inactive T and such, they didn't get into all that, just said it was 198.

zekko said:
Seems like a fairly wide "normal" range.
When you T level is actually low like this, and you take something to increase it into normal levels, are you still running the risk of the side effects, like losing your hair? Or are those only going to show up if you boost your testosterone beyond normal limits?

My guess is even normal levels could make you go bald, because there are a lot of guys out there whose hair falls out when they get older, but I don't know.
All I can speak on is my own experience in terms of side effects. I've been on both the injections and the cream (at different times), neither long enough to get the full effect. But in the limited time I was on the treatments, I didn't experience any side effects that I was aware of.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All I can speak on is my own experience in terms of side effects. I've been on both the injections and the cream (at different times), neither long enough to get the full effect. But in the limited time I was on the treatments, I didn't experience any side effects that I was aware of.
I wonder what your level got up to?
I've been curious about taking testosterone ever since I saw a King of the Hill episode where Peggy started giving Hank some unbeknowest to him. He became frigging Superman! Going like gangbusters at work, ripping through the household chores, training like a madman to run with the bulls. I was like hey, give me some of that!

But I've never been that all that of a high energy type, even when I was younger. I could go while I was up, but then I'd sleep a lot, too.

Groovy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depression, big time. No hair loss or impotence. Extremely low confidence is accurate I think. No diarrhea, thank god, that's all I need LOL. Yes, very low energy. As far as the measurements of the score, I don't know what that means. If you mean active T and inactive T and such, they didn't get into all that, just said it was 198. What units?
Wow bro I feel ur pain! Ur T level is extremley low! It should be like 700 ng/dl or something. Your sperm must be watery bro am I right? No wonder ur confidence is super low. It's not ur fault at all. I just wonder why does a man have such low testosterone? Do u whack off all the time?

So get ur ass to T. replacement theory first but beware that u need something more than that... cuz u may end up with even more estrogen if u do that, cuz ur liver may make too much aromatase that makes testosterone to estrogen. U need to take herbs too.

Reaction score
Groovy said:
Wow bro I feel ur pain! Ur T level is extremley low! It should be like 700 ng/dl or something. Your sperm must be watery bro am I right? No wonder ur confidence is super low. It's not ur fault at all. I just wonder why does a man have such low testosterone? Do u whack off all the time?

So get ur ass to T. replacement theory first but beware that u need something more than that... cuz u may end up with even more estrogen if u do that, cuz ur liver may make too much aromatase that makes testosterone to estrogen. U need to take herbs too.
Well one of my testicles didn't drop all the way, and I've read that can cause low T. I've also read that my kind of upbringing can contribute to it: huge mama's boy, no one to teach me to fight, no one to play catch with, etc. Was a couch potato from a very young age. I was always very quiet, very easily bullied, which is why I suspect I've had low T for a long time, not just now in my late 30s when its more common. My sperm is pretty watery too, come to think of it. :eek:

So yeah in July when I have health insurance again I'm making an appointment with the doctor. I'm also very overweight so yeah I'm also going to get my estrogen checked, too.

Werman

Don Juan
Reaction score
I had low T a few years ago. I had a malignant tumor in the erectile tissue of my penis that was mistaken for Peyronie's disease. They removed it and gave me a dozen shots of radiation over a 3 month period. All focused on my pelvis. This of course, left me with low T.

Not only was I Beta, I may have been Omega at that time. I had gone through a bad, completely emasculating divorce, I was still recovering from injuries that have resulted in the implantation of prostheric joints, and had lost my career. I had started working with a personal trainer to force myself back on track, and even she told me that I was acting "like a woman."

When I started on hormone therapy to force those T levels back up, it changed me. I started acting like my old self again, I had more energy, and the excess fat I had accumulated during my sedentary recovery started melting off.

So yeah, if you have low testosterone, GET THE THERAPY. There are all sorts of health risks associated from low T, but most importantly, you will feel more energetic and just overall happier when your body is back in balance.

And you'll probably get laid a lot more too.