Can I get some Tinder tips

Epicwinguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look guys, I haven't dated since my freshman year of high school and I think this has lead to my lack of understanding of what to say, how to flirt, how to approach, etc. I heard Tinder was a good place to meet girls for quick hookups, which is what I am after, but there must be something other guys on there know that I don't for pickng up women. I just don't know what to say and how to work with my tinder matches so we actually meet up. I make the first comment based on her profile, saying what comes to mind, but it always fizzles out.

How do you talk to your tinder matches? How should the first message go? How should the conversation go? Etc.

hockeyfreak79

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look for commonalities and go from there. Strike hard & fast on tinder, use wit & sarcasm.
My last pull from tinder was because she liked my baseball team and we owned the same hat.

2-3 messages and ask them out, you don't really need to ask for there number.

Side note there's a **** load of bots on there, only match with ones that list company and or their college.

Get out there IRL and talk to woman. Pratice!

Jetleg

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Have at least 3-4 photos, dress well and use a good camera (photos are 99% of tinder), photos with cute animals or during a cool sport activity are bonus.
2. like every wh0re, dont waste time on reading their bullsh1t
3. converation should be like this:
- you send her random ****, or even "hey"
- she answers about your random sh1t
- ask a general question
- she answers
(repeat maybe 2 or 3 times)
-"sounds cool i got to go, but i'd like to hear more, let meet for a coffee"
Then ask for her number. any girl with high IL will say yes, this is a good filter for low IL chicks.

I always meet for a coffee before drinks (then i arrange a second date in a bar). but thats my style. the reaon is: girls take a LOT of picture and they will make sure they only upload their very best pics. she can look good on tinder but in real life she look like crap.

second reaon for a coffee - to break the ice. many girls are nervous about ONS with someone they have just met. if there is no vibe while meeting for a coffee there will be no vibe in a local bar as well.

Third reason: its cheaper than meeting in a bar. keep in mind that tinder is a number game, you will need to text a lot of girls, and to arrange a lot of dates. many chicks will flake so you should arrange 2 dates together if possible.

The best tip is to use tinder for fun, don't expect too much out of it unless you look like a model...

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
6 pictures. 1 shirtless if you have a nice body(which you should be working on if you dont) 2-3 face pictures
Picture with a HOT girl. Preferably hugging you.
Wild card picture. A picture with a dog or leaning on a nice car, sitting on a motorcycle, benching heavy weight.
If you can afford it invest in professional pictures for OLD. They can make you look 1-2 points more attractive and look polished.

Description section: Your favorite quote works fine.

** this is not my message idea but it ingenious.
Mass send this message: "Just a small town girl"
  • She will either finish the lyric by saying "living in a lonely world"
  • She says "Huh" and you can bust her chops for not knowing the lyrics to Journey "Wow, you dont know the rest of the song?!"
Take it from there. I say drinks everytime because its cheap and liquor lowers inhibitions and makes her more likely to sleep with you.

Last edited:

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a picture on the beach (need to get one surfing or something -- didn't have time while I was there last week), one of me on a ferry transporting cars to an island. Other parts of the country get more girls initiating "wat you up to?" or the like. In my state, I get less than where I was on vacation. And POF is still viable. I was in a motel with a girlfriend so I couldn't leave, but I checked POF and there was one (uglier - not as good as the one I was with) in this resort place. I texted her back n' forth she said she was drinking at a pier in another Very small town .5 miles away from where I was. The population (of all the tiny towns) of this resort spot was like 1,000 I'd guess. Me going to her would be like Fabio going to Jersey Shore's Snooki, so not only could I not sneak out, I would not have even if I could. If she came to meet me on the beach at night I would have invited her just to see what's up. I was drinking too. She initiated, and it wasn't a one for one text, it was always her 2-3 texts to my 1 cause I couldn't answer right away. She obviously horny that night.

MrOctober

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just be normal man.

Your opening line should just be like a what's up type of deal. Then after a response get clever.
You wanna close with the number within 5-8 messages IMO.
And no validation. "Ohh those eye" ect nothing like that. Be a boss about it.

Tony197

Don Juan
Reaction score
Need some tips - I'm not getting any matches. I'm a good looking guy. Profile is funny, short. Only three pics, though admittedly all of them are just pics of me.

Am I missing something? I only swipe during the day, rarely at "peak hours." Can you message someone outside of them being a "match?"