Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

can guys and girls be just friends?

can guys and girls be just friends?

• yup

Votes: 54 60.0%
  • hell nope

Votes: 36 40.0%

• Total voters

FlyGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I don't have any attraction for a girl, I can be friends with her. Otherwise the sexual tension gets in the way - I can't help but flirt and make advances.

MysteryWoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jay26
Exactly squirrels, if you're in bed rubbing one out over your 'friend' you've crossed some line, I mean you wouldn't do that over your guy friends, or a least you'd hope not;)

Well if 5 guys are chasing that ass it's gotta have something going for it;p Mysterywomen have you ever posted a picture? U must be smokin cos most of the girls I know that juggle guys around like this are hot and they know it.
I don't have lots of guy friends, a few (different ones I have met over the years). I have more female friends on the whole, I have two at the moment. No I am not posting a photo, I'm slim brunette, with straight white teeth (its up to others to decide whether I'm hot or not). But let me share a secrete, hot girls are not being hit on left, right and centre (not in England) everywhere they go (I think this also is the same in USA) despite what David D'Angelo says. However they do get hit a lot in clubs (most girls do anyway) as these are pick up environments

FlyGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the US, hot chicks ARE hit on all the time. A hot chick I knew a while back would get hit on just going to the store. At work, guys would fawn over her and make excuses to spend time with her. Truly pathetic. I've witnessed this time and time again with different hot chicks. Its amazing how most guys aren't even aware of the fact that they put hot chicks on a pedestal. Its sickening actually, if guys would just collectively take their balls back then hot chicks wouldn't have so much power over guys.

FlyGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I should move to England then :D Or are women there stuck up too? Seems like hot American chicks are all egotistical, shallow, and power hungry.

Quick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by FlyGuy
I should move to England then :D Or are women there stuck up too? Seems like hot American chicks are all egotistical, shallow, and power hungry.
It's the guys fault for allowing them to be. I was a part of the problem a couple of years ago, acting as if a pretty girl was some sort of god.

I went to the movies with 3 male friends and a girl that one of them was dating. She wasn't extraordinarily pretty, but did have large breasts. Dressed in a jacket and jeans. Just walking down the street and eating at a fast food place, she was hit on by 7 or 8 guys in a matter of 5 hours. It was apparent that she was with us, and it was likely that she was one of our girlfriends. I can only imagine how much she gets hit on if she dresses up or goes out alone.

FlyGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're preaching to the choir.

This site should be mandatory for every guy age 13 and up!!

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MysteryWoman
Oh dear 00Kevin, I am pathetic and selfish, you have me crying buckets of tears;)

I said that good looking guy make better friends, because they don't care if you are not interested in sleeping with them (as there are many girls who are). I don't judge a friend on his looks (only guys I choose to date), and friendship is based on listening and speaking both ways. And no I don't share many initimate problems with male friends anyway, I mainly have them as for companionship to see a film or go out somewhere together (without there being any sexual element to it)

So Kevin can you handle just being friends with a girl?
well.. i''m glad i made you cry. can't say i haven't done that to a girl before.

I can be friends with girls that show respect. If they don't show respect or cook for me then i just next them.

have you ever cooked a meal for a guy before?

MysteryWoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by FlyGuy
No English girls can be just as bad, but guys don't hit on us as often. However in night clubs I get hit on all the time, in these environments you lucky if you get five minutes free time to yourself without getting hassled.

Jay26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, I'd love it if chicks hit on me every 5 minutes in a club, like hassle me all you want, I don't even care if you just want to get into my pants either;p

myfriendblu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MysteryWoman

So Kevin can you handle just being friends with a girl?
I dunno about him, but I don't. Girls make lousy, lousy friends. No thanks, your friendship is not needed.

King Rat

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's possible...

I do have a couple of female friends, who are not of the LJBF variety.
One in particular I consider a real friend, a lot more than some of the guys I know. She respects me , and I respect her. I don't go stalkincking her or sucking up. She has also really helped me in the past-using inside contacts in companies to help me get a couple of jobs, even taking my back once in a fight:)eek: ).

Not to say that I'm a eunuch. She is HOT... 5'3" with killer curves, she's 28 but looks about 17. She also has a boyfriend. I can truthfully say that I value THIS friendship too much to mess it up by DJing her-at least right now.

The other ones now, we'll just see...;)

becker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: It's possible...

Originally posted by King Rat
I do have a couple of female friends, who are not of the LJBF variety.
One in particular I consider a real friend, a lot more than some of the guys I know. She respects me , and I respect her. I don't go stalkincking her or sucking up. She has also really helped me in the past-using inside contacts in companies to help me get a couple of jobs, even taking my back once in a fight:)eek: ).

Not to say that I'm a eunuch. She is HOT... 5'3" with killer curves, she's 28 but looks about 17. She also has a boyfriend. I can truthfully say that I value THIS friendship too much to mess it up by DJing her-at least right now.

The other ones now, we'll just see...;)
I think that this girl is probably a prime candidate for a LTR with you. Forget the BF, treat it as though he's not in the picture. Would you go for this girl?

When you say DJ her, I'm suspecting that you mean just using her for sex. That I'd avoid.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alot of you mention respect. What do you mean exactly by respect?

And I wonder if you have the same exact ideas and standards with your male friends.

I say this because I treat my male friends exactly the way I would any friend. That means listening to their probs, hanging out, being there for them, expecting the same, but yeah, even busting their balls. So if you are more sensitive around me just because I'm a girl, then the friendship wouldn't work. I'd say due to insecurity.

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by iqqi
Alot of you mention respect. What do you mean exactly by respect?

And I wonder if you have the same exact ideas and standards with your male friends.

I say this because I treat my male friends exactly the way I would any friend. That means listening to their probs, hanging out, being there for them, expecting the same, but yeah, even busting their balls. So if you are more sensitive around me just because I'm a girl, then the friendship wouldn't work. I'd say due to insecurity.
Lets put it this way. I know a girl that is totaly crazy about me, but i don't like her. I respect her enough not to talk about other girls around her. I also repsect her enough not to make any advances toward her. In addition, i've made it clear to her that i'm not interested.

Now turn that around.

This is what it means to show respect towards a guy that finds you attractive, but you don't like.

King Rat

Don Juan
Reaction score
deleted

Last edited:

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am really not sure the point of this board when men come on here and tell their (current) AFC stories. Are you trying to encourage AFC behavior? THis whole thread is AFC and was started by a woman. Go to OPRAH.com for this BS.

Dietzcoi

Kodiac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sure, i think they can be.

I have female friends but... i treat them like male friends, no different and if they try any of this "emotional tampon" crap on me, i put them in their place.

Contrary to this though, i have never had a REALLY good female friend and i never stay friends with Ex's.

Guess it all depends on the chick and your 'feelings' 2wards her.

King Rat

Don Juan
Reaction score
Friends don't let friends type drunk.:p

becker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KingRat, how the heck did you post on this board? I can't get in, and the only way I got in was to click on the arrow on that main page.