Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

can guys and girls be just friends?

can guys and girls be just friends?

• yup

Votes: 54 60.0%
  • hell nope

Votes: 36 40.0%

• Total voters

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by myfriendblu
So you base your male friendships on looks?
:rolleyes: And you boys wonder why Im so against having females as friends? This is why

Attention whor es. All of em, and they aint getting there attention from me. EVER.
i would have to agree with you. this woman is only thinking about herself. she is most likely a very selfish person(as are most women). By liking guys friends that are good looking she doesn't ever have to show any respect for them because they don't care anyway. this is yet another reason to be a DJ. A DJ wouldn't care either.

MysteryWoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't care if a guy sexually weighs me up and occassionally fantasises about me. As long as he doesn't end up infatuated and secretely resent me for not being attracted to him and just wanting a plantonic friendship.

Well yeah I suppose if I pounced on the guy, unless he is repulsed he ain't going to say no (I'm not that naieve)

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Giovanni Casanova
A lot of you guys are complicating the issue unnecessarily. Let's look at what the word "friend" means.

Does anyone find it odd that American Heritage Dictionary, in all their wisdom, didn't see fit to include, in their definition of the word "friend", some clause stating that sexual attraction precludes friendship?

If people fit the definition above, they're friends. It's pretty simple. Some people might hold sexual desires for a friend, but that doesn't change the fact that they are friends.

what about respect? are you the type of girl that would show respect to a guy that you know is attracted to you? or would you just expect him to listen to your endless bable about your current guy flings.

I have a few girls that are crazy about me but i only want to be friends with them. I do my best not to talk about other girls around them because i know it will bother them(ie i show respect). The strange thing is, i have never encountered a woman who would do the same. The concept of friend in a woman's mind is very strange. it definitely isn't the same as that found in the dictionary.

a mans best friend is still his dog.

Survivor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That quote from MysteryWoman actually proved my point of how difficult it is for women to show respect for men they are not attracted to. She openly expressed how she feels good looking guys make better friends.

The advantage that men have is that we can be friends with a woman we're not attracted to. In fact, for us, its better that way. But such is not the case the other way around.

The question we should be asking is this:

Can a woman be empathetic and respectful towards a guy that she is NOT attracted to?

Last edited:

MysteryWoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Survivor
That quote from MysteryWoman actually proved my point of how difficult it is for women to show respect for men they are not attracted to. She openly expressed how she feels good looking guys make better friends.

The advantage that men have is that we can be friends with a woman we're not attracted to. In fact, for us, its better that way. But such is not the case the other way around.

The question we should be asking is this:

Can a woman be empathetic and respectful towards a guy friend that she is NOT attracted to?
Yes, I just don't make friends with good looking guys, they are just better on the whole. I don't give a shyt whether a guy is attracted to me or not (Why should it matter-as I am going to get old one day anyway)

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by 00Kevin
what about respect? are you the type of girl that would show respect to a guy that you know is attracted to you? or would you just expect him to listen to your endless bable about your current guy flings.
I'm the type of girl who didn't know I was a girl until thirty seconds ago. Tell me Kevin, what kind of tampons do you recommend? Like I said, I'm really new at this "girl" thing.

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MysteryWoman
Yes, I just don't make friends with good looking guys, they are just better on the whole. I don't give a shyt whether a guy is attracted to me or not (Why should it matter-as I am going to get old one day anyway)
you are pathetic.

the reason you don't give a **** is because you can't be empathetic and respectful towards a guy friend that you are not attracted to. This is also another example of how selfish you are.

All you nice guys out there should learn from this.

Survivor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats not what I asked. Look hun, I'm not flaming you, I just want you to think about what you're saying.

I didn't ask whether or not women cared if the guy was attractED. I asked if women cared whether or not the guy was attractIVE!

This is an important question that I'm asking everyone, not just you. I think it will ultimately bring to light why men and women can/cannot be friends.

myfriendblu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you are pathetic.

APPLAUSE......Thank you Kevin. Isn't it great when women shove their own foot in their own mouths? It makes people like myself look all the more smarter, as if i didn't already realize that.

POINT PROVED.

Jay26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nah, they can't be platonic friends, not if there is any attraction on either side, and lets face it, if the chick is half decent sooner or later you'll think 'well, why not slip her one?';).

Forget being friends, be honest to yourself bout what you want! Playersupreme you're right on the money! You're a bear, she's a bunny! How long can the bear and bunny play before the bear's natural instincts kick in??!!! Not long.

BrWnSugaMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
iqqi,

The wording of your poll is flawed. I knew your answer would be "yup" before I even voted because you subconciously associated the answer that you did not want with a negative conotation - the word "hell." This will also effect many of the people who are voting. In the future, your polls should remain neutral with "Yes" or "No."

*Men and women cannot just be friends. This is because one party ALWAYS has a sexual attraction to the other party. The only reason they became friends and not "involved" is because one party is not sexually attracted to the other. If both parties are sexually attracted to one another, they become more than friends.

00Kevin said...
I find that women just expect you to be friends with them after you break up with them, but at the same time they show little respect for how you may still fee about them. Most of the time they talk about their current guy flings and expect you to listen and not get pissed off. It's girls like these that i can't be friends with. If a woman wants to be a friend with a guy after they break up then they can show some damn respect.
-Women don't expect you to be friends with them after they break up with you. The "LJBF" line is a way to soften the blow and ******** for "Get lost!" Why do you think they are "disrespectful" to you and talk about all the other guys they like? This is just another hint for you to leave her alone.

-Do you really believe these girls who broke up with you and are talking about their current flings are oblivious to the fact that you might still have feelings for her? Of course not. She knows exactly what she is doing.

Juan_Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hot or not, I have yet to find a female who doesn't expect me to listen to all of their problems without doing the same. Most women I know are pretty self-absorbed.

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Juan_Man
Hot or not, I have yet to find a female who doesn't expect me to listen to all of their problems without doing the same. Most women I know are pretty self-absorbed.
i totally agree. All the women i know don't want to hear about your problems they just want to talk about theirs.

The way i see it, if you have something that is bothering you. don't talk about it with her. Women don't know how to lend an ear. Most will just think that you are week and claim that you are not fun. Just hold it inside and then wait to release your anger on her when you **** her.

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BrWnSugaMan

-Women don't expect you to be friends with them after they break up with you. The "LJBF" line is a way to soften the blow and ******** for "Get lost!" Why do you think they are "disrespectful" to you and talk about all the other guys they like? This is just another hint for you to leave her alone.

-Do you really believe these girls who broke up with you and are talking about their current flings are oblivious to the fact that you might still have feelings for her? Of course not. She knows exactly what she is doing.

You should read what i said a little closer. any girl that does this isn't worth being a friend with. When i sense this is happening i just NEXT them. It ends up hurting them more than anything.

Sexy_Malibu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i totally agree. All the women i know don't want to hear about your problems they just want to talk about theirs.

The way i see it, if you have something that is bothering you. don't talk about it with her. Women don't know how to lend an ear. Most will just think that you are week and claim that you are not fun. Just hold it inside and then wait to release your anger on her when you **** her.
One of my favorite guy friends and I became friends by him spilling his problems to me about his girlfriend/exgirlfriend who was my friend... I think I helped him out a lot and now I am better friends with him than I am with her. I think women DO know how to lend an ear... a lot of the time, men don't get experience lending an ear because a lot of guys don't share **** with other guys... (Forums like this are different, because you don't actually KNOW most of the guys in real life). It's more acceptable for women to talk about their problems with friends, so we are good at listening and offering advice. Sometimes it might even be easier for a guy to come to a girl with his problems, because a guy is more likely to call another guy a ***** or something... I don't know maybe I'm wrong... It's just been my experience somewhat.

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From the stupidity of the AFCs and the women who create them,

Lord deliver us!!!!!

Any man who cries out his "girl problems" to another woman is AFC, period. How else do you describe AFC??????????

Dietzcoi

MysteryWoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh dear 00Kevin, I am pathetic and selfish, you have me crying buckets of tears;)

I said that good looking guy make better friends, because they don't care if you are not interested in sleeping with them (as there are many girls who are). I don't judge a friend on his looks (only guys I choose to date), and friendship is based on listening and speaking both ways. And no I don't share many initimate problems with male friends anyway, I mainly have them as for companionship to see a film or go out somewhere together (without there being any sexual element to it)

So Kevin can you handle just being friends with a girl?

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by iqqi
hmmm. and i always thought the sexual tension between me and some of my male friends was fun.

So did they, when they were lying in bed whackin' off to mental images of your sweet ass. :eek:

Don't think we don't. :D

Jay26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly squirrels, if you're in bed rubbing one out over your 'friend' you've crossed some line, I mean you wouldn't do that over your guy friends, or a least you'd hope not;)

Well if 5 guys are chasing that ass it's gotta have something going for it;p Mysterywomen have you ever posted a picture? U must be smokin cos most of the girls I know that juggle guys around like this are hot and they know it.