Can chivalry be DJ?

MisterAl

Don Juan
Reaction score
Can chivalry be DJ?

When you arrive at your date's home to take her out for the evening and you get out of your car to ring the doorbell and walk her back to your car, do you open the car door for her?

WWDJD? :D

For me it depends on the girl. What are the opinions on this?

She makes you weak in the knees.

But she won't give you the time of day.

Here is how to get her.

killerasp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, i would. its common courtesey.

If you do a search on this, youll find at least a dozen topics on this.

coin

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think chivalry is very much DJ.

That, or I will find a way to make chivalry DJ.

stormwriter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
David Deangelo says this about chivalry:

Chivalry does not conflict with my

concepts. In fact, one of my favorite things to do is

SEND MIXED MESSAGES.

I think Chivalry is great. Open doors. Pull out chairs.

Walk on the outside of the sidewalk. Open HER door if

SHE'S driving (big hit). Order for her.

Mix this with the other things I teach, and you'll have

dynomite.

I also heard that women love high status males, and they like guys that they percieve are "above" them.
Just don't go overboard with the chivalry.

Incidentally, i was talking to a girl on the phone the other day, and she told me about a first date she had. She said the guy turned her off cause he was "trying to hard to be chivalrous." She said it didn't seem natural, and therefore looked like he was forcing the issue to impress her.

Jango_Xavier

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A kiwi in a very bad disguise of a dutchman :P
Some guys have to practice chivalry because if you do it out of the blue with no practice it comes over as trying to hard but if you get brought up to be chivalres its comes over as unique.
Just practice like you do your DJ skills.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
LOL...only if you're not just chivalrous to the girls you wanna bang. ;)

Chivalry as an extension of your natural courtesy can be effective. Chivalry as a pick-up tactic is supplicating and weak.

Make it seem natural and sincere. If it's the least bit awkward-seeming, you're better off without it.

princelydeeds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My mother raised me to get doors, pick up things that fall, help her with her coat and such. I don't tend to pull out chairs, or stnad when she goes to the restroom. The car door thing, hmm definitely on the first few times we go out. After that probably 80% of the time. When a woman leaves my home I always under all circumstances walk her to the car and get the door.

lynx

Don Juan
Reaction score
chivalrous heroes

Manly chivalry is what's attractive to women. Women love gentlemanly courtesy, because that shows that you embrace your masculinity. There's nothing wrong with being chivalrous to ladies or to people in general. That shows that you're a great person. It doesn't mean you're a pushover. By the way, since it's summer time, catch up on your reading of great chivalrous characters. Read "The Count of Monte Cristo" for an inspiring example of a man who takes control of his life and doesn't let anything stand in his way. Watch the movie "Gladiator" again, and don't be afraid to embrace your chivalrous side.

VoodooChild

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Women want the mysterious, dangerous rogue on the cover of the trashy romance novel. That guy is always chivalrous to a fault. So yeah, I'd say chivalry is DJ. Just my two cents, and probably overpriced at that.