Can a Honest Man be a Don Juan?

scottfall

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive been visiting SoSuave for the past few months and feel like I have learned aot. There is only one hole in my "game".. actually doing it. I know what I should do but unfortunatly I wear my emotions on my sleeve, making it hard to be so suave. If I feel like ive been wronged I either a) speak up or b)"play it off"... but Im easier to read than highlights magazine.

Anyways... just kind of thinking out loud.. want to remember this in the morning. Any help on over coming my inabilty to not "keep it real" would be appreciated.

Much love.

PrinceBeavis

Banned
Reaction score
Sounds like you have to actually go to the DJ bible, and do the program from step one.

...I mean, we all act. ..."All the worlds a stage" and all that. When you go to a jjob interview, you're presenting a certain front, no?

scottfall

Don Juan
Reaction score
PrinceBeavis said:
Sounds like you have to actually go to the DJ bible, and do the program from step one.

...I mean, we all act. ..."All the worlds a stage" and all that. When you go to a jjob interview, you're presenting a certain front, no?
Im able to do the whole selling myself thing when I have to sell myself. But its hard to do it when emotions are involved. When it comes to the real world I dont like lying or being lied to. But I feel like I have to in order to get chicks.

PrinceBeavis

Banned
Reaction score
What I get from the program is that you shouldn't be passing yourself off as something you're not, a the same time, you draw zero attention to your weaknesses. ...The, "Laying Back."

j0n024

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm first off I gotta say Highlights IS the sh1t!!! Ohh man I had so much fun with those damn magazines!!

On topic: I dont know man, I dont think you will be able to change unless you get your heart ripped out then you will be able to feel those emotions and be able to control them. I dont know how to help you because I dont have your problem but hopefully your dreams can help you good luck.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually, DJ-ism if done correctly is a person being the most honest with themselves and what they want out of life.

comic_relief

The Deacon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, an honest man can be a Don Juan. It's a little confusing sometimes, cause all we saw before we came to this website was "nice guys" and "jerks," but the truth is people who are genuinely nice can be attractive. Would you rather go for the pretty innocent girl or the fugly... no - FUBUGLY - bad girl who shoots up heroin? Attraction isn't necessarily a function of being good or bad, but rather how masculine/feminine you are.

Who do you think a girl would rather be with? A smelly, creepy rapist or a well-to-do, handsome, all-around good guy? It's not like if a guy's a bad person the girl is like "he hates women, I MUST HAVE HIM." It's mostly a function of how masculine they are in general. A creepy rapist stays in his mother's basement and reads comic books, the other one goes out in the world and gets his sh*t taken care of.

Blah, I hope you guys get what I'm trying to say here.

NSUballer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
scottfall said:
Im able to do the whole selling myself thing when I have to sell myself. But its hard to do it when emotions are involved. When it comes to the real world I dont like lying or being lied to. But I feel like I have to in order to get chicks.

Youre almost there. You shouldnt lie about yourself because eventually a woman will know and bolt. You have to learn to control youre emotions. As long as youre completely honest with yourself you will do fine.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sure an honest man can be a DJ.

You just gotta remember scott women want a man of confidence whose interesting to talk to when they say they want a nice guy.

When they say they want a nice guy they don't want a supplicating pansy with no backbone who says he loves her every five minutes and tries to buy her love with a constant stream of gifts.

Do the first one for a good start.

Then continue studying over this site, check out the DJ Bible linked at the bottom of the main page and the book of Pook there within.

Then read a ton of Victory Unlimited, Karma Sutra, Str8up, Joekerr, aliasguy, and Rollo Tomassi posts.

Reading lots of their posts can give you great insight into what you have been doing wrong in the game and what you can do to change it.

Part of this site is all about finding out what your strengths are and playing to them and shoring up any weaknesses you have to the point they become minimal.

So for sure you can be a DJ who keeps it real but with further study you can find out when its warranted to show your emotions, what kind of emotions are ok to show and what kind of women even deserve to see that expression of you.

the_absolute

Don Juan
Reaction score
I tell all my girls exactly what my attitude is, and I brief them on my activities, but only to the point of aproximation.

I always say I'm sure they'd rather not hear about it. And they wouldn't. And they agree. If they don't it's the door for them.

Actually, I'd say if you're running around lying to women you're not a DJ at all, but a bit of an idiot who's going to suffer on account of a lack of planning.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
KontrollerX said:
Sure an honest man can be a DJ.

You just gotta remember scott women want a man of confidence whose interesting to talk to when they say they want a nice guy.

When they say they want a nice guy they don't want a supplicating pansy with no backbone who says he loves her every five minutes and tries to buy her love with a constant stream of gifts.

Do the first one for a good start.
I concur with Commander KontrollerX that being a complete man, a Renaissance Man, is what makes a woman's heart beat like a drum. Being her girlfriend or worse her doormat will do nothing but sap any reflective energy you have.

Then continue studying over this site, check out the DJ Bible linked at the bottom of the main page and the book of Pook there within.

Then read a ton of Victory Unlimited, Karma Sutra, Str8up, Joekerr, aliasguy, KontrollerX, Reset, Interceptor and Rollo Tomassi posts.
We're all soldiers on the front line. Join us or be a rotting husk in the trench you dug for some woman's affections.

Reading lots of their posts can give you great insight into what you have been doing wrong in the game and what you can do to change it.

Part of this site is all about finding out what your strengths are and playing to them and shoring up any weaknesses you have to the point they become minimal.

So for sure you can be a DJ who keeps it real but with further study you can find out when its warranted to show your emotions, what kind of emotions are ok to show and what kind of women even deserve to see that expression of you.
Consume your life with self development and improvement. Let your desire and drive come from your persistence to develop your own masculinity. Then you'll see them frothing at the mouth for YOUR attention.

Mr. Wolf

Banned
Reaction score
scottfall said:
Any help on over coming my inabilty to not "keep it real" would be appreciated.

No one but yourself can help you with that. Your brain is wired in such a weired way that your reality consists of AFC fantasies, such as the one you just described. In a way you're sick, not normal, AFC..

To over come this, you need to study and rewire your brain.

Read, practice. www.bristollair.com

scottfall

Don Juan
Reaction score
NSUballer said:
Youre almost there. You shouldnt lie about yourself because eventually a woman will know and bolt. You have to learn to control youre emotions. As long as youre completely honest with yourself you will do fine.
I feel like lying about how something makes me feel is a big part of DJ'ing. If my ex tells me she banged some guy last night I flip out in a passive aggressive way. I make underhanded comments until I eventauly tell her how much I love her and how much it hurts. I know its the exact opposite of what I should do, but its hard for me to think about gaming her when she upsets me. I dont feel like I want to be with her at the time when Im going off, then a few minutes later want her back.

I decided last night that Im going to game her as best I can from now on and see how far I can get. The main problem is she enjoys the control she has over me. Im always the one calling, asking if I can come over.. I know she wants me to but she plays it off like she could care less.

Last edited:

Mr. Wolf

Banned
Reaction score
scottfall said:
I feel like lying about how something makes me feel is a big part of DJ'ing. If my ex tells me she banged some guy last night I flip out in a passive aggressive way. I make underhanded comments until I eventauly tell her how much I love her and how much it hurts. I know its the exact opposite of what I should do, but its hard for me to think about gaming her when she upsets me. I dont feel like I want to be with her at the time when Im going off, then a few minutes later want her back.

I decided last night that Im going to game her as best I can for now on and see how far I can get. The main problem is she enjoys the control she has over me. Im always the one calling, asking if I can come over.. I know she wants me to but she plays it off like she could care less.

Tell us how you REALLY feel. :kick:

All you doing in your stupid little life is svcking d!ck and licking balls. You're useless. :kick:

Your stupid humanity holds you back, it is attached to your leg with a chain, and is dragging you into the obese. Toward your extinction. Chumps like you are a God's gift to us. If you die, that means we survive.. I'm so glad..

To start with it you need to get bloody mad. Start pursuing your life with passion. Instead of sitting on your a55 and making excuses. You're pathetic!

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
Nope, game is mainly about lying, faking, creating an illusion for the girl to fall for, tricking her, jeaousy tactics etc. Honesty = less success.

MM

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
j0n024 said:
I dont know man, I dont think you will be able to change unless you get your heart ripped out then you will be able to feel those emotions and be able to control them.
LOL. Coming out of getting my heart ripped apart a few months ago I try to think back to what it felt like before I knew about the stuff discussed here. I guess the difference now, is I can feel the emotions and just commit myself to learning from the experience. You have to actually SEE there's a problem with your mindset though. If you're walking around in the AFC Matrix mindset thinking that's just how it is, and there's nothing to wake you up, then you're screwed. Getting your heart broken enough times can be the thing that "wakes you up". It hurts really bad but eventually you get some scar tissue and that makes it easier to interact with the world. Francisco said something in another post like "smooth seas don't make for skillful sailors" and I think that's what he was getting at.

Nice Guy (not masculine) Jerk (masculine), that's an extreme mindset you get when you "wake up". Things like honesty and character have nothing to do with being "nice", they are just being true to yourself. And hopefully you'll only allow people into your life who act the same way towards you.

"I lived my whole life as Nice Guy being a good person and that didn't work so now I'm going to be the worst, meanest, miserable son of a ***** you ever saw, throwing away all my core values, manipulating and deceiving everyone I can. That's the only way to get laid."

The difference between masculine and not masculine. That should be the focus. Not nice guy and jerk.

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
trojanman88 said:
No an honest man can't...
Exactly, if you told a girl what you truly thought etc. it nearly always leads to failure. There are a lot of crafty hoops and things to jump through so she opens up her legs. The fact she is illogical and emotionally driven supports the ideas that manipulation/faking/illusions etc. work.

MM

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, absolutely, an Honest man CAN be a true Don Juan.
With the Don Juan ideal being a man of high character, integrity, strength, honor,courage, a positive outlook, and a thirst for knowledge and self improvement, and of course a devilishly charming personality and sexuality.
Yes, of course he can.

He can be honest because he isn't insecure. And he isn't hung up on what others think about him.
He doesn't seek approval,or validation, or permission to be himself.

Now if you are insecure, and trying to hide yourself and your motives, I can see how you would think honesty is a bad trait to have.