can a Don Juan be ultra-conservative and still manage to get laid?

MascaraSnake

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
OK -- yes, guys, I'm aware that they can, but it seems that views I've developed ruffle EVERYONE'S feathers in a college environment that breeds a bunch of stuff like feminism, pro-communist rhetoric, and the like. (I'm also extremely pro-military due to having been raised by an Army colonel, which often doesn't help.)

Politics has always been something to avoid with women. (Conservative women exist, but they tend to be either of the religious-liberal variety or rarer than a blue tulip.) I've gone on dates where we happened to graze subjects I completely disagreed with (i.e. Che Guevara not being a murderer), and I always turned into a p***y trying to get her approval.

It's not that I'm afraid of my views, it's just that I'm afraid of my views c**kblocking me. How do I stick to my guns without starting an argument?

(also, as a side question -- would attending a protest completely opposite from your viewpoints JUST to meet women be something you'd discourage? They're almost always filled with hotties, and the after-parties...well, you get the idea.)

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't see how politics enter into the equation at all. Especially when we're talking about the early stages of dating. If the expression of your viewpoints is causing heated arguments on your dates, then your girl needs to loosen up, or you do.

I have friends of different political viewpoints. I don't see why you couldn't have lays of different political viewpoints. It's not like you're walking up to girls saying, "Hi, I'm MascaraSnake and I believe that Welfare is a crutch for the lazy."

So I'm not following your logic...

handle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't see why it has to be an issue unless you're so ultra- about it that you resort to talking about it constantly. If the conversation steers over into politics you don't have to make a big fuss about it. There will be some common ground too (hopefully). Like for instance, I'm pretty left-wing, and I have some right wing friends. But we can both agree on things like respecting the troops, individual freedom, etc.

MascaraSnake

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I can keep it on the back burner, but I tend to attract women who make politics one of the top 3 things they talk about.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just don't talk about my views. Keepin the mystery eh? I don't cosign hers either though. I just give em the ole "oh really?" or the "why do you believe that" and change the subject afterwards.

BTW I love how the ad on this page showed Ann Coulter. Google Ann Coulter sex fiction. Apparently this site censors curse words in links as well.

The Pedantical

Don Juan
Reaction score
My mentor taught me that what women want is a man who knows what he wants in life and isn't afraid of leading and being honest. It doesn't matter whether you're pro-Stalin or pro-Mussolini.

But then again I'm one to speak. I hang out mostly with trade-unionist types and environmentalists, and I feel like telling them I like Ronald Reagan is akin to whacking off during a tea ceremony filled with old ladies in elegant kimonos. So I pretend that I agree with them to be their friends.

See, I don't even follow my own advice -_-

Darth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You shouldn't change your views to agree with the girl. That's what chumps do.

Chump: I don't like rap.
Girl: Really? I love rap!
Chump: Oh yeah, actually rap is really cool, I was just talking about current rap.
Girl: I like new rap!
Chump: Yeah, me too, it's just that some of it isn't really....no, I do like rap.

NO.

It's like this:

Man: I don't like rap.
Man: Wow. I think it's complete trash. So where do you live?

This extends to everything, including politics.

Girl: I think everybody should have to pay a fine if they own a gun. Nobody deserves the right to harm another person.
Man: Wow, I completely disagree, I think that's stupid. So what's the deal with...

Girl: Communism would be nice.
Man: Are you out of your mind?

(Chump: Yeah, you're right. So are you maybe doing something later? Maybe we could catch a movie or something! Only if you want to!

Girl: I don't like movies.
Chump: Neither do I!)

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Darth said:
You shouldn't change your views to agree with the girl. That's what chumps do.

Chump: I don't like rap.
Chump: Oh yeah, actually rap is really cool, I was just talking about current rap.
Girl: I like new rap!
Chump: Yeah, me too, it's just that some of it isn't really....no, I do like rap.

NO.

It's like this:

Man: I don't like rap.
Man: Wow. I think it's complete trash. So where do you live?

This extends to everything, including politics.

Girl: I think everybody should have to pay a fine if they own a gun. Nobody deserves the right to harm another person.
Man: Wow, I completely disagree, I think that's stupid. So what's the deal with...

Girl: Communism would be nice.
Man: Are you out of your mind?

(Chump: Yeah, you're right. So are you maybe doing something later? Maybe we could catch a movie or something! Only if you want to!

Girl: I don't like movies.
Chump: Neither do I!)

You're right. I don't talk about my views at work, or in certain company. But I did have to think back over the last three girls I slept with and I realized I pretty much disagreed with them on politics and many other things. Drama fuel innit? Usually, I refrain from going into detail, which is where most AFCs fall short, they want to make it a debate. You are absolutely right. State your position and move on.

The Pedantical

Don Juan
Reaction score
But then again, if you're "ultra-conservative" and you don't want to have sex before marriage, you're not going to get laid unless a girl rapes you

MascaraSnake

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The Pedantical said:
But then again, if you're "ultra-conservative" and you don't want to have sex before marriage, you're not going to get laid unless a girl rapes you
sorry -- fiscally ultraconservative for the most part.

socially I do believe in patriarchy, men acting like men, etc. but when it comes to sex I don't have too many boundaries.

The Pedantical

Don Juan
Reaction score
You could go sarging at the next Libertarian party convention or something.

But yeah, I can't see how talking politics with girls would be good. But having a debate on Roe v. Wade during sex should be fun.

MascaraSnake

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
one of my exes was a Ron Paul supporter, actually. some of the best sex I ever had.

BigJimbo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MascaraSnake said:
OK -- yes, guys, I'm aware that they can, but it seems that views I've developed ruffle EVERYONE'S feathers in a college environment that breeds a bunch of stuff like feminism, pro-communist rhetoric, and the like. (I'm also extremely pro-military due to having been raised by an Army colonel, which often doesn't help.)

Politics has always been something to avoid with women. (Conservative women exist, but they tend to be either of the religious-liberal variety or rarer than a blue tulip.) I've gone on dates where we happened to graze subjects I completely disagreed with (i.e. Che Guevara not being a murderer), and I always turned into a p***y trying to get her approval.

It's not that I'm afraid of my views, it's just that I'm afraid of my views c**kblocking me. How do I stick to my guns without starting an argument?

(also, as a side question -- would attending a protest completely opposite from your viewpoints JUST to meet women be something you'd discourage? They're almost always filled with hotties, and the after-parties...well, you get the idea.)
Huh? Communists were ultra-conservatives. The Soviet Union NEVER had a counter culture movement or feminism. Homosexuality could get you death in the 1980's in most of Eastern Europe. Students never protested in Moscow, Riga, Kiev, or even Warsaw unless they wanted to end up dead. Just go watch Soviet cinema from the 70's. Very wholesome. A couple kissing was seen as risque. North Korea to this very day is ULTRA CONSERVATIVE. If you want a decent Korean girl wait until North Korea falls apart.

The West is the liberal bastion. America has always pushed feminism, homosexuality, Zionism, etc. on the rest of the world. All those things are the exact opposite of being a conservative. Do you realize that bands like Duran Duran were not allowed to be seen in places like Moscow in the 80's. They were considered lewd and too liberal.

Here is the facts. Fox News and American Republicans are NOT conservative. Sarah Palin IS NOT a conservative. She is an ultra-feminist. She is about as non-traditional as they come. I would say that Joe Biden is more conservative than most Republicans these days. He at least had the balls to admit that the most beautiful girls come from Ukraine.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/07/21/biden-tells-ukraines-pres_n_242162.html
Hey, at least he is straight. Can you imagine a Republican saying that in 2011? Hell no.

Last edited:

MascaraSnake

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
BigJimbo said:
Huh? Communists were ultra-conservatives. The Soviet Union NEVER had a counter culture movement or feminism. Homosexuality could get you death in the 1980's in most of Eastern Europe. Students never protested in Moscow, Riga, Kiev, or even Warsaw unless they wanted to end up dead. Just go watch Soviet cinema from the 70's. Very wholesome. A couple kissing was seen as risque. North Korea to this very day is ULTRA CONSERVATIVE.
Soviet communism is not communism (and neither are the regimes in Cuba or Korea). I mean the Marx's "to each according to his need", no leader ideal that so many on-campus groups preach.

and I'm aware the Fox News talking heads aren't conservative -- not in the classic Jacksonian sense, anyway.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MascaraSnake said:
Soviet communism is not communism (and neither are the regimes in Cuba or Korea). I mean the Marx's "to each according to his need", no leader ideal that so many on-campus groups preach.

and I'm aware the Fox News talking heads aren't conservative -- not in the classic Jacksonian sense, anyway.

That's Big Jimbo. You're not supposed to acknowledge him.

n00bPimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you should put the ego aside and accept that other people have different opinions. Do this and you will get laid. Theres not way you'll get laid by girl that is on your same boat, since ultra conservative grls dont believe in sex before marriage, or at least not casual sex.