Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

cab sharing website

manish

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys

I will be moving to Singapore in a week’s time.

I have started developing a cab renting/sharing web site.

Getting stuck in between because of new technology [I,m good at.net but developing site in php] and mood swings, Sometimes I feel the efforts which I,m putting are worth, sometimes I feel its not worth.

do u feel the idea is worth putting efforts?

How can I make this website successful?

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are having a hard time building the site and you have more funds than time, outsource it. You can find some pretty cheap labor at Odesk.com elance.com and a dozen or so Philippines based outsourcing sites.

The main key to making it successful is the marketing and promotion. Of course the site has to be functional, easy to navigate and easy on the eyes, but if nobody knows about it then none of that matters.

Check out digitalpoint and the warrior forum for advice on internet marketing. Good luck.

manish

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior74 said:
If you are having a hard time building the site and you have more funds than time, outsource it. You can find some pretty cheap labor at Odesk.com elance.com and a dozen or so Philippines based outsourcing sites.

The main key to making it successful is the marketing and promotion. Of course the site has to be functional, easy to navigate and easy on the eyes, but if nobody knows about it then none of that matters.

Check out digitalpoint and the warrior forum for advice on internet marketing. Good luck.

thanks for your response..i have time to code for it..but is the idea worth putting that much time in it?

i know it will teach me the whole process ..but still is the idea good????

Brownrice

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well you need to explain how you would make cab sharing work? In most big cities in the US that I'm familiar with, that simply won't work but I don't know how cabs work in other parts of the world.

ChalengeGuyFan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
manish said:
thanks for your response..i have time to code for it..but is the idea worth putting that much time in it?

i know it will teach me the whole process ..but still is the idea good????
The key to success in business is to delegate stuff, not to do it yourself.
There is even a saying about this: he who works too much has not the time to make money.

manish

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ChalengeGuyFan said:
The key to success in business is to delegate stuff, not to do it yourself.
There is even a saying about this: he who works too much has not the time to make money.

coding part i have decided to do, but the designing part i need to have some help.

Well you need to explain how you would make cab sharing work? In most big cities in the US that I'm familiar with, that simply won't work but I don't know how cabs work in other parts of the world.
Sharing works as follows

person1 Wants to travel From location A to B.
person2 wants to travel from A to D
Now there are 3 conditions
i) D is between A and B
ii) D is after B [A then B then D] [i call this thing as half sharing]
iii) D is no where near A and B

so my site will show person 2 option i and ii .

so he can travel with shared option[saving his money]

i,m going to use google maps Api for distance calculating.

sounds good???

Drdeee

Banned
Reaction score
Concept could work but only if everyone used a smart phone. Mobile app would have to collect destination and read source via GPS. Server then calculates routes, and if someone at that same time goes same route o same place, it could work.

I doubt it's a successful idea.

Much better idea is"......"..........I'll keep this one secret for my own implementation.

I'm pretty sure u just building a php app, that low level monkey toying. You need to be combining technologies to realize this idea.

ChalengeGuyFan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
manish said:
person1 Wants to travel From location A to B.
person2 wants to travel from A to D
Now there are 3 conditions
i) D is between A and B
ii) D is after B [A then B then D] [i call this thing as half sharing]
iii) D is no where near A and B
Why do you call ii) "half-sharing" and not i), as well? They are the same thing...

Imagine the synchronization between two people's schedules so they can share a _cab_ !
Ain't gonna happen too easily, unless thousands use your service (and hundreds at any given time).

If we were talking about sharing the personal car, that would a different thing. It has been implemented, but probably not in Singapore, so you could be the first in that place.

Drdeee

Banned
Reaction score
Alright, I've rolled over my idea in bed last night, and I doubt I'll get to a place where I could implement it. If you ever gonna get rich off of this, I want to build a house, $200,000 question, so get back at me when you get rich, I want $200,000.

Cab sharing by itself would not work. You need something that can bring people money. In these scheme, cabby is the man you want to bring money, by bringing him business.

This service should be cell phone integrated, for regular phones it should be some easily memorizable number, like 6969. For smartphones like iOS, Droid, and Moomoo you could use an app with GPS location.

Basically idea is this, person dials a number, service reads their location (location of every phone is tracked, CIA has a secret database), compares locations of nearby cabbies from a database, then sends an SMS with number of a guy or gal who wants a taxi to the cabby. Cabby calls the person and confirms their location. Your service would have a fair-play queue, which places cabbies in the queue based on first come bases.

You will make money by:

A) Taking monthly fees from cabbies, of course first 60 days free.
B) Selling to cabbies GPS devices, because GPS off a smart phone will not work, you'll need continuous GPS feed.

One city obviously will not be enough here, you need to go global. You need to make a brand, 6969-taxi, dial 6969 to get an instant cab!

On top of this service, you could then build a cab sharing feature, for which you could take money, after a 90 day trial period, or just use it as a feature to attract customers.

This idea is (C) 2011 Drdeee, if you use please help me build a house.

manish

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Drdeee said:
Alright, I've rolled over my idea in bed last night, and I doubt I'll get to a place where I could implement it. If you ever gonna get rich off of this, I want to build a house, $200,000 question, so get back at me when you get rich, I want $200,000.

Cab sharing by itself would not work. You need something that can bring people money. In these scheme, cabby is the man you want to bring money, by bringing him business.

This service should be cell phone integrated, for regular phones it should be some easily memorizable number, like 6969. For smartphones like iOS, Droid, and Moomoo you could use an app with GPS location.

Basically idea is this, person dials a number, service reads their location (location of every phone is tracked, CIA has a secret database), compares locations of nearby cabbies from a database, then sends an SMS with number of a guy or gal who wants a taxi to the cabby. Cabby calls the person and confirms their location. Your service would have a fair-play queue, which places cabbies in the queue based on first come bases.

You will make money by:

A) Taking monthly fees from cabbies, of course first 60 days free.
B) Selling to cabbies GPS devices, because GPS off a smart phone will not work, you'll need continuous GPS feed.

One city obviously will not be enough here, you need to go global. You need to make a brand, 6969-taxi, dial 6969 to get an instant cab!

On top of this service, you could then build a cab sharing feature, for which you could take money, after a 90 day trial period, or just use it as a feature to attract customers.

This idea is (C) 2011 Drdeee, if you use please help me build a house.

wow..thats an amazing idea ...if i could implement it , it will make lot of money..i have good ideas related to your idea

why are u not in position to implment this idea??

let me know..

right now i,m singapore..waiting for employment pass and some medical test to be done before employment..

now i need to learn Anroid developmet..:)

Drdeee

Banned
Reaction score
To implement this project you need a company of about 5 people, a lawyer, and a lot of subcontractors. It's a $2,000,000 to $5,000,000 question.

YOU gonna implement this project alone? Don't make me jiggle.

manish

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Drdeee said:
To implement this project you need a company of about 5 people, a lawyer, and a lot of subcontractors. It's a $2,000,000 to $5,000,000 question.

YOU gonna implement this project alone? Don't make me jiggle.

at least the coding part..once i have done with that..i can find the people who are who want to make some investments..in this idea..as in for now i dont have laptop..nor do i know smart app programming..