Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Bumble lost a third of its Texas workforce after state passed restrictive ‘Heartbeat Act’ abortion bill

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score

So, Texas went ahead and passed the Heartbeat Act, and what happens? A third of Bumble's crew in Texas swiped left on the state—hard. Yep, a chunk of its team disconnected from Texas faster than a bad date ghosting you after dinner.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bumble has roots in the state of Texas.

It is not a coincidence that the feminist-oriented dating app is based in Austin, Texas. Austin, Texas is a city known for feminist, careerist, and SJW type women.

Bumble founder Whitney Wolfe Herd attended and graduated from Southern Methodist University in the Dallas area. She was an early Tinder employee before parting ways with the organization to start Bumble. Around that time is when she moved to Austin.

Bumble's corporate culture has been progressive and feminist. It's not surprising that the company would attract employees would who share those values and strongly oppose Texas Senate Bill 8 (the Heartbeat Act).

Austinites tend to have ideological patterns that are commonly found in the Northeast, Chicago, and large West Coast cities. Those ideologies are not indicative of Texans as a whole.

The Heartbeat Act has not drastically changed the sexual marketplace in Texas. Plenty of women in Texas use a birth control method by their own choice. Many Texas women have sex with men who use condoms, which supplements their own birth control choices.

It is likely that the majority of the Bumble employees who objected to the Heartbeat Act were women using birth control who were not likely to conceive an unwanted child and not need abortion services themselves. These are mainly privileged women. Many of those women remained with the company while they relocated to another place. Some of those women have likely been laid off in recent times as Bumble has had some struggles.

Additionally, women in Texas who want abortions travel to New Mexico. For residents in areas like El Paso, Amarillo, and Lubbock, this is not inconvenient as those areas are near the Texas-New Mexico border.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some of those women have likely been laid off in recent times as Bumble has had some struggles.
I wanted to provide more information about this quote. It was reported last week that Bumble laid off 350 employees, equating to 37% of its workforce. Healthy companies do not lay off 37% of a workforce.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bumble stock was crashing long before this bill. Women have destroyed dating and men are leaving apps in droves. That’s what’s going on pretty much.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting business model. If the service works as intended. The company looses two customers.

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That’s because Texas sucks and California is the best

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Pierce.Manhammer this is a shady news story. Bumble laid off 30% of their work force. They have big financial problems. I don't think it had anything to do with Bumble losing staff like the author insinuated.

The Heartbeat Act SB8 passed in 2021. Bumble announced layoffs in February 2024.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I’m not sure that it is fake news or even corporate fake news. It is self-aggrandizing. I could totally see a bunch of chicks that are living the remote lifestyle relocating because of the Roe v. Wade thing that again I do live Californistan, were the absurd reigns in real life.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is likely that the majority of the Bumble employees who objected to the Heartbeat Act were women using birth control who were not likely to conceive an unwanted child and not need abortion services themselves. These are mainly privileged women.
This was virtue signaling.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bumble stock was crashing long before this bill. Women have destroyed dating and men are leaving apps in droves. That’s what’s going on pretty much.
Can't blame men for leaving a rigged game against them, I knew dating apps sucked but when I watched a guy on youtube who was decent looking with a 6 pack (no flamingo) talk about his struggles I knew it was wrap