Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

bulking

nightcrawler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I want to become "cut" but it seems as though I have little to no muscle mass :)mad: )

So I've been told I need to bulk up.

Here are my concerns:

1.) I don't want to gain a belly or look like a whale
2.) I prefer my skinny look to the fatty look.

My question are:

Is there a way to bulk up without gaining too much body fat or no body fat at all?
I was told I should take 3 supplements: creatine, whey protein, and
glutamine. How often should I take them?

dj ben2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
of course there is ....... EAT CLEAN low gi no fast food, run every day that you dont go to the gym and once a week do HIIT as your running so typically it shoul look like this

monday gym: legs
tuesday: running
wednesday: chest and shoulders
thrurday: running
friday: legs/lowerback (deadlift)
saturday: HIIT
sunday: DAY OFF WOOOOO!!!!!!

dont forget diet plays a major part if you dont want to gain any excess flab dont eat carbs atleast 4 hours before bed unless youve just worked out 4 hours before bed in which case eat carbs

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

nightcrawler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks guys.

I don't think I could eat 6 meals a day so I'm thinking of investing is some whey protein to replace a meal and on ZMA because I heard it was amazing.

My question is, how much whey protein should I consume for what I am trying to achive?

here is a pic btw (I'm 5'8" @ 157 lbs):

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/4228/dsc02018pv3.jpg

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
not to be a downer (so i apologize if it comes off as such)...but i really don't understand why beginner bodybuilders (based on your pick you'd be a beginner) start getting into all the creatine stuff and advanced diets etc. its just a lot of money spent and time wasted on stuff that matters very little when you are just starting to work out.

your focus should be:

lift (properly), eat clean (lean meats, vegetables, etc.), get 8 hours of sleep.

if you just do those three things well you'll acheive maximum gains over the course of 1-2 years. once you actually have a substantial amount of lean muscle to look after it may be worth the money to start taking stuff like creatine, whey, etc.

but don't listen to me :) i know those ads with the big beefy bodybuilders brainwash everyoen into thinking that a glass of whey will give them 22" biceps. :p

Charm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
Some good advice given thus far, but I personally would not advise the original poster to eat cleanly. Do not be afraid to throw in a a half dozen or so cheat meals a week...I know the original poster is paranoid about his midsection, but based on what I see in the pic, he ain't gonna get fat, assuming he trains like an animal.

@ the OP: Eat like you have never eaten, train like a lion in the gym, and sleep like a baby, and you'll start to add some mass...you can cut the fat later.
I tend to agree with Espi. It is much easier to cut then it is to put on serious muscle mass. Cutting means eating less, doing cardio. Putting on mass means quality lifting, eating a ton of calories that are quality proteins and carb and fat and also sleeping proper.

Focus on adding 20-30lbs, then cut the fat. You might feel a little tubby while doing that but the END results will be far better than if you try to do both at the same time. BODYBUILDING is a science&art that requires patience for good things to come from it. However the good things are incredible and will spread positive blessings into your entire life.

blackbelt2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to agree with Epsi and charm. You need to build a foundation before anything else. I wouldn't recommend HITT or much cardio. You really don't need to run everyday either. As someone really smart once told me, real men sprint, so if you want to run, then work on getting your mile time down to under 10. But as for the muscle, lift heavy, eat ALOT, i mean ALOT. Your squats and overhead work will keep your midsection nice and flat. If anything, check out this site, www.stronglifts.com .. that should be a good start for you.

P.S. - where the hell is stronglifts? did he get crushed under a barbell or something? lol

nightcrawler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
blackbelt2k said:
I have to agree with Epsi and charm. You need to build a foundation before anything else. I wouldn't recommend HITT or much cardio. You really don't need to run everyday either. As someone really smart once told me, real men sprint, so if you want to run, then work on getting your mile time down to under 10. But as for the muscle, lift heavy, eat ALOT, i mean ALOT. Your squats and overhead work will keep your midsection nice and flat. If anything, check out this site, www.stronglifts.com .. that should be a good start for you.

P.S. - where the hell is stronglifts? did he get crushed under a barbell or something? lol
I can run a mile under 10 mins:) ..should I do it everyday?

Well I've begun my journey today, just bought a ****load of tuna to keep me fueled everyday. Next week I begin a 4 day workout.

Wish me luck guys, I'll report back in 6 months to a year:eek:

blackbelt2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i wouldn't recommended running everyday.. run twice a week. Everyday might damage your knees when coupled with the strenuous lifts. MmMmM Tuna, yum. Try this for breakfast:
chop some onions, green peppers, tomatos
drop them in a pan along with tuna
let them simmer for a few min on low heat
next mix in 4 or so egg whites
cook, and enjoy

nightcrawler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I'm still hanging in here...honestly I already notice a subtle change in my body (and a change for the better)

Now I have a problem. I am addicted to racquetball and I simply can't quit playing. The competitive factor is just too strong.

I play racquetball 3-4 times a week. I decided I need to eat A TON or else I'll become skinny.

My mother has a protein shake of her own called boost high protein (she uses it to gain weight) which I decided to try. My question is this:

When should I drink it, and does it replace a meal?

here is the shake btw http://www.novartisnutrition.com/us/productDetail?id=795

note that I don't take any protein shakes or supplements or anything like that

thanks in advance:up:

mistermarc

Don Juan
Reaction score
dude...u r a good size...u just need to get sum definition...no need to get bulked up!!!!

nightcrawler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
mistermarc said:
dude...u r a good size...u just need to get sum definition...no need to get bulked up!!!!
I'm proportional. I work out to feel better about myself. I want to feel strong and appear taller. I've noticed that relatively short guys like me look bigger if they have a big chest and small waist.

Either way when should I drink the shake? before or after the workout?

DoctorLW

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not like you are just going to get fat all of the sudden. Start eating to set your calorie intake and stop when you are putting on fat instead of muscle. It's pretty simple. Bulk until content, then cut the fat away.

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
Looks like one long bulk is ahead.

MM

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I completely agree with you MM

Drink shake before and after you work out. 2 scoops before, 3 scoops immediately after. Ditch that piece of $hit shake that you put a link to. USE THIS-------
http://www.amazon.com/Optimum-Nutri..._bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1200131727&sr=8-1
-------

Also it is not a meal replacement, UNLESS you make a shake with lots of goodies like eggs, bananas, blueberries, oats, peanut butter, icecream, olive oil or whatever else you friggin want in it...and the powder will be cheaper for you and your mom, get your mom off of that crap IMO.

AND get some extreme carb powder of about 70grams or so. Carbogain, Muscle juice, or some sort of dextrose to take after your your postworkout shake of whey and whatever.

SOLID ADVICE SO FAR. Goodluck, do things these guys are telling you, and you'll see results. if you can'd do six meals....how about 5? get the cals and protein you need (you need like 350 grams of protein or more)

do cardio a 3 times a week, low to medium intensity for however long you need either in the morning, or after your work out.

nightcrawler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm still hanging in here:crazy:

6 weeks have passed and the biggest difference is that I feel A LOT more energetic. I am also hungry most of the time.

Also I actually added some weight to the bench, so now I don't feel so embarrassed..I am at 30 lbs but I feel I can probably do 50 lbs.

I've gained 2 lbs. as well.

Also I've gotten some definition in my arms...I notice this because when I bend my arms a bit I see some definition in the mirror (before I had absolutely no definition)

I feel great!

Something that's been hard for me is the eating...since I'm bulking I'm just trying to eat anything I can get my hands on. I still try my hardest to eat clean. With my school schedule and such it's hard though.

I am still the puny guy in the weight room btw, but if I continue I hope I won't be.

I'm still addicted to racquetball, so right after I am done lifting I play for a good while. The weights have worked, I am hitting the ball A LOT harder.

So far the difference in my body is minor..then again it's only been 6 weeks. Hopefully I will start seeing real results in another 6 weeks.