Bulking: Food Recipes

SamoJednom

Don Juan
Reaction score
Like the title states this thread is about Food Recipes. So post your favorite or quick ways to make a good meal. Would be nice if you posted the amount of protein/carbs/cals the meal contains but not necessary... people can always look them up!

I am just starting lifting so hope to see some good stuff now lets get the Recipes rolling in!!!!.. I already did a search nothing found similar to this... I am sure am not the only one who is looking for some ways to make this food or quick ways so ROLL the Recipes in!!!

SamoJednom

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't got a foreman but got the skillet :). I am pretty good cook so good there just short on ideas of what and how to cook tho lol!.... Am all for experimenting but sometimes people got some good stuff :).

Off to bed got 8 am class..... sigh :(

Plz contribute people!!!

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You wanna bulk,I will keep it plan and simple,potatoes and rice,around the clock.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quick way to get fat...and bored.

SamoJednom

Don Juan
Reaction score
hmmm people seem to have missed to point of the thread here...

THE Thread is about how you prepare your food that you eat to get BIGGER.... not FLAMING or RANDOM food.... I know what foods are high and protein...carbs... and etc... I was wondering about how you people make your food sigh...

Don't turn this thread into a flame thread or something... Stick to the TOPIC...

Sorry if that was rude but damn get with the program ppl.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you're overreacting. badly. no one has flamed or gone off topic. don't ask a question around here and then attack anyone who tries to give you their honest answer -- people will stop trying to answer your questions.

SamoJednom

Don Juan
Reaction score
Am not attacking anyone, am just stating the obvious. I just simply asked how people prepare their food that they use to bulk. I just don't like it when people start criticizing other people's posts. It should be held in a good manner I.E private messages.

For instance he could of said. "Hey Blinkwatt don't mean to be rude or anything but I don't think that potatoes and rice around the clock would benefit you, in fact it would just get you more fat so here is what I suggest.... " etc...

Rice + Potatoes are good not just excessively though.

Sorry Skilla_Statz nothing personal against you but I just hate when people just put in negatives and don't offer anything positive out of it....

Sorry Blinkwatt didn't mean to use you as an example.

On with the topic here are two good recipes that I have tried.

Recipe #1:

3 egg whites
2 pounds extra lean ground beef
1 finely chopped onion
2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
3 cloves garlic
1 cup chopped mushrooms
1/2 cup tomato sauce
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil

Servings: 8 Calories: 250 Protein: 38g Carbs: 2g Fat: 10g

Recipe #2:

2 scoops of protein powder, vanilla or chocolate. mix it with 3/4 cup of oatmeal (uncooked) in blender on high speed for 30 seconds!

400 calories
48 gms protein
40 gms complex carbs
3 gms of fat

Found on BB.com quite tasty :)

gkmantis

Don Juan
Reaction score
I make a shake similar to the one you posted. I have 2 a day. One in the morning and another Post-Workout or in the early evening on off days.

1 cup Skim Milk
2 scoops Optimum Whey Protein
1 cup Oats
1 Banana or a couple strawberries
1 spoonful of Olive oil

I feel these shakes have been the biggest contributor to my weight gain and on top of it, they taste good too.

Couple other things to break up the monotony of eating the same things all the time:

-Have a lot of different spices available to spice up your meats and mix in your wheat pasta or brown rice with the meat at the end so that it picks up the flavor
-Vary the way you prepare eggs
-I don't mind plain tuna, but it tastes a lot better mixed with olive oil, lemon, and cut up celery/onions served on toasted wheat bread

Basically I eat pretty much the same couple of meals all the time, but I make sure to switch them around enough so that I don't have one too often and get sick of it.

SamoJednom

Don Juan
Reaction score
qkmantis, nice shake!!! Will give it a shot, the only big pocket hitter for me are the fruits.... the prices on like grapes and strawberries crazy...

but here is another recipe I found on BB.com and tried out tasty!!!

Tuna & Onions.

1 6.5 oz can of tuna, drained
1 Spanish onion, chopped
1 T. Mrs. Dash garlic and herbs
1 lg tomato, chopped

Spray a nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Saute chopped onion for 5 minutes. Add drained tuna, seasoning and tomatoes. Saute for an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until tuna and tomatoes are completely heated. Serve with mixed vegetables and angel hair pasta. Serves 2.

Calories 155, Carbohydrates 9, Protein 24, Fat 2.5.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SamoJednom said:
Tuna & Onions.

1 Spanish onion, chopped
1 lg tomato, chopped

Spray a nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Saute chopped onion for 5 minutes. Add drained tuna, seasoning and tomatoes. Saute for an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until tuna and tomatoes are completely heated. Serve with mixed vegetables and angel hair pasta. Serves 2.

That actually sounds good... I'll have to try it. Thanks for posting that :)

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SamoJednom said:
Sorry Blinkwatt didn't mean to use you as an example.
No problem. Think about it,bulking means adding fat! There is a difference between gaining muscle(muscle only) and bulking(muscle/fat). He asked about bulking,as long as your workout,the potatoes and rice will not turn into 100% fat,muscle will come with it. I only speak of that which I know is true. This is why I don't do that whole bulking/cutting stuff,just eat lean with large amounts of protein and you wont have to backtrack(cut). Quality over quantity.

DarthJuan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
SamoJednom said:
qkmantis, nice shake!!! Will give it a shot, the only big pocket hitter for me are the fruits.... the prices on like grapes and strawberries crazy...

but here is another recipe I found on BB.com and tried out tasty!!!

Tuna & Onions.

1 Spanish onion, chopped
1 lg tomato, chopped

I'll have to try that too. I've just been eating tuna straight out of the can with some lemon juice.
I'm gonna try adding a little splash of artificial smoke flavoring to the tuna to see if it will make it taste more like smoked salmon (which I love).

And the Mrs Dash seasonings are great. I sometimes just boil a couple of frozen chicken breasts in some water and just season the hell out of it with some Mrs Dash.
Makes a quick, awesome-tasting chicken soup.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
blinkwatt said:
No problem. Think about it,bulking means adding fat! There is a difference between gaining muscle(muscle only) and bulking(muscle/fat).
Since when

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
Since when
That's the whole point of bulking,gaining weight and muscle. Hmm but you can only gain soo much muscle in a month I wonder what the rest of that is.....

LionOne

Don Juan
Reaction score
  1. Tuna recipe
    Pure tuna isn't anything tasty but try this. Add one spoon of white wine vinegar to your tuna, some black pepper, some olive/turnip rape oil and a bit of orange/lemon juice. Mix. This is good to eat with some sandwich too.

2. Chicken recipe
    Put chicken legs into oven for ½ hours (175 ºC / 350 F). Use plastic bag or something. Take out and take out the bones. Mix the meat with 2 spoons of wheat powder. Put in some onions too. Put back to oven for 15 mins.

SamoJednom

Don Juan
Reaction score
LionOne - Am gona give those a shot the tuna is not so bad but it has a way too dry of a taste... :(!!!! But lots of protein so got to eat it!!!

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KillaPetehog said:
Tell me what you thought of the recipe.
I will try this sometime within the next two weeks. It sounds pretty damn good, and fits my criteria for on-the-go meals.

---------------------

Sunday evenings have become cook-time for me for the week, and each week mass cooking gets better and better.

Right now my big things are MEATLOAF and CHILI.

These two items have virtually limitless variations on them, and they both fit the nutritional profiles I'm looking for. They also are highly moist, flavorful, and can be eaten with just a fork - no cutting required. Mass production of these items is relatively simple.

I also make sure to mass cook and portion vegetables too because it ensures that I eat them with each meal. Right now I'm big on collard greens, and am still working to find a good flavoring for those.

To facillitate the process, I always keep the freezer stocked with ground beef that I've portioned into 1-lb bags. Each bag is rolled flat for easy stacking and quick thawing. One pound of bagged beef rolls into a near-perfect flat square. Making a batch of chili or a big pile of meatloaf is as simple as pull a bag or two from the freezer, run it under hot water for a minute, and defrost in the microwave for 5-7 minutes.

When using chicken for chili (or other recipes) I have a pair of sharp meat shears to cut it into bite-sized pieces very quickly.

This is process is refined enough now that I can cook about 4 high-quality meals and 8 vegetable portions in an hour. These are big portions though - some might argue the size of two 'normal' sized meals. I'm always open to new ideas to add to the process. Scrambled eggs are next in line to enter mass production.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Take these items,buy a ton of them,you can make hundreds of food around them,here are some ideas;

TUNA - tuna salad,tuna sandwhich,tuna from a can
SKINLESS CHICKEN BREAST- chicken sandwhich,fried chicken(thousands of recipes available),baked chicken(thousands of recipes available)
LEAN GROUND BEEF - hamburger/cheeseburger,taco salad,just eat the beef itself
EGGS(I do a 1:5 of whole eggs to egg whites) - egg sandwhich,scrambled eggs,over easy eggs,hardboiled egg,eggs + cheese

Just use your head,look at nutrition facts......HAM,TURKEY,REDUCED FAT SALAMI,FAT FREE MILK

FOODS THAT YOU SHOULD ONLY EAT IN THE MORNING/LUNCH DUE TO THE HIGH CARB OR SUGAR COUNT,BUT STILL ARE HEALTHY W/ HIGH AMOUNTS OF PROTEIN;

-PANCAKES(USE FAT FREE MILK INSTEAD OF WATER IN MIXTURE,ALSO BUY SUGAR FREE SRYUP)
-BAGELS(HIGH IN CARBS BUT ALOT OF PROTEIN)
-ENGLISH MUFFINS(HIGH IN CARBS BUT ALOT OF PROTEIN)
-LOAF OF BREAD FROM BAKERY/DELI(IF YOU EAT THE WHOLE LOAF YOU WILL PROBABLY TAKE IN ABOUT 40+G OF PROTEIN BUT ALOT OF CARBS,HENCE THE MORNING TIME)
-FRUITS,GOODS SOURCE OF VITAMINS BUT ALSO A GOOD SOURCE OF SUGAR

Just use your head and pick up the lean version if possible and you will gain muscle in no time! Good Luck!:cheer:

6-heads lewis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
my usual intake

meal 1 - raw eggs, mustard, bread
meal 2 - can of beans, 4 uncooked hotdogs, bread
meal 6 - tuna, mayo, 2 balogna, bread
meal 4 - bread
meal 8 - cottage cheese, yogurt, bread
meal 17 - whey powder and bread in blender