Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Building up jogging ability

Devilman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys

just wanted to know from some of you guys that are good at running/jogging and have good cardo ability, how to build up my jogging from bascially zero so i can jog a few miles without having to stop? I've always been unfit and have tried numerous times to jog but i never see any improvements, i seem to always get wracked after one or two laps around a small football field.

Is it better to jog say 3 days a week M/W/F, or do it every week day to ensure proper gains?

Should i jog small distances and try to build up the distance once a week or try to jog the few miles and start walking when i get out of breath?

Keep in mind i also doing weights 5 times a week, and i am currently cutting and i am at about 22% BF down from what i can only guess was at like 35%+BF. However i dont wanna just jog to lose weight i also want to gain fitness because i go to boxing a few times a week and would like to actually be fit enough to not get outta breath at near the start of each round

Cheers in advance

m4a1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
FVCK! I wrote a long reply and accidently closed it...

In brief:
Run every other day, build up little by little.
First month: 1/2 a mile
then add 1/2 or a mile every month.

I've started 4 months ago, I was in your shoes, and now I can run about 3 miles every day.

Drink lots of water.

k

Devilman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats cool man cheers for the advice!

I'll start doing that then and hopfully can build some stamina up.

Shame about losing the long reply lol i wouldnt have mind reading it lol

m4a1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Some other stuff

1- Check out this site: www.runnersworld.com there are plenty of articles about this, including suggestions about which pair of shoes to use ect.
[I personally use Saucony, Nike's are good too]

2- If you're having difficulty in the beginning, start walking briskly for the first few days, or switch between running and walking during your session.

3- Hills are good, if you have any in your area.

4- Water is important to flush down all the lactic acid your body creates when you get tired.

5- Maintain a good posture when you run.

Why are you still reading this?
JUST DO IT! -nike

Ok that was cheesy, but you get the picture, lol.

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Read up on relationship of heart rate to muscle growth. I'm assuming you're in your late teens/twenties.

In this case, you should aim for 20-30 minutes when you run. Run 2-3 times a week.

Now... when you start running start VERY SLOW. As slow as you can and increase it very gradually. Run with a speed you feel you can fun forever.

Now, get a pulse measuring device and use it. Once you get to 160-170 beats per minute just run with this speed for 15-20 minutes. This will guarantee increase in the heart muscle tissue.

Also, the best runners are the ones who didn't handicap themselves while running. So stretch before and after the run to make sure you don't die from a heart stop. Also... if you decide to run, don't make pauses of 2 weeks or more, because it's not good for your heart.

no, I'm not gonna quote studies on that.

Cheers.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Run for time not distance. Add 5-10% a week. Contemplate walking for the first week. Good tariners?

Personally I think you have a lot on anyway. Injury will only scupper your eagerness for progress.

For instance there is no way on earth you need to do weights 5 times a week.