Bruce Lee Body

Bradshaw

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
1.) Lift Weights

Do this with 6-8 reps to gain muscle. High reps will not give you better muscle definition. This is a myth.
Beginners: Day 1:upper body, Day 2:lower body, Day 3: off.

2.) Diet

Do a search of this site or google. Muscle definiton is 'usually' the result of a strict and balanced diet. (this is probably the most important aspect as well as the most overlooked)

3.) Short and intense cardio sessions

Did you ever notice that marathon runners look horrible compared to spriniters? Muscle definition is actually hindered by long cardio sessions because your body begins to feed off the muscle.

4.) Genetics

Sorry, can't help you with this one.

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i think you should stop eatin' for a week or so, that guy's body fat percentage looks somewhere around 6%...

Island

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want to look like Bruce Lee, then you might read books about him or type "Bruce Lee workout" in Google.

His workouts seem pretty intense, from what I recall, and his diet is too. He tried all kinds of things, including crushing eggshells into his protein drinks for the calcium, and he was taking painkillers as well. Not sure if he took steroids.

Keeper

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First of all, Bruce didn't use normal work out programmes.

He was more. He worked out, sure, but he also meditated, and knew his own body inside out. He was a helluva good martial artist, so you can start working out there. He used crazy workouts, and not to mention, he worked out for something like 6-10 hours a day in his early years.

I would even say Bruce Lee is the epitome of physical endurance. He's a master. LoL

Read a book on him. There are a couple of eBooks around too. Just search the warez pages, I found a few there.

doctoroxygen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would imagine Bruce Lee did a lot of extreme body tension exercises - one-armed handstand pushups, one-legged squats, one-armed pullups, that type thing. His body obviously had a lot of residual muscular tension like a gymnast, so mindlessly throwing up big weights on the bench won't make you look like that. Get Pavel Tsatsouline's "The Naked Warrior" or "Bulletproof Abs" - they're pretty widely available on the internet and should help you.

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i hardly believe he used steroids. he doesn't look huge at all, yet extremely ripped. i think that, having good genetics, you don't need an expecial work out routine, but you have to do like 1000 pushups and 1000 inclined bench situps every day. i think that if he had had a 10% bodyfat, he wouldn't have looked anything special at all.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Everyone knows bruce lee wasnt really a human. He was genetically engineered by the chinese as sort of genome super warrior but he escaped from their clutches and went hollywood and turned into a rogue actor/martial arts master.

medik167

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah i knew that....some people just don't do there research i guess. :)

Blowfish

Don Juan
Reaction score
http://bruce.planetjitsu.com

Good luck incorporating his routine... its crazy, it says that he made workingout something like a fulltime thing, even when he is watching TV, he would be doing slow crunches.

Seems like a good idea to make use of equipment free workout routines during times such as sitting there watching TV.

But yeh, the site also says he didn't have a specific diet, he ate a lot, and espeically with Chinese food which isn't the best diet for cutting or bodybuilding (i'm Asian, so I know this, they have rice as their staple food, and not enough protein).

I too want to get a physique just like Bruce, bvut I still haven't the motivation to train as long as him... but I'll try to make that possible.

Alen-Delon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Blowfish thanks for reply it was really helpful. good luck !

mcqueen207

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't forget that Bruce Lee died very young. That sort of workout/lifestyle was probably to blame for it. In the end, his body crapped out on him.

His official cause of death, cerebral edema, was recorded as being the result of an allergic reaction to the painkiller he took combined with medicine he took for backpain, that he sustained after severing a nerve while doing deadlift exercises without properly warming up. A condition that left him in a wheelchair. Fortunately, unlike his doctor's warning that he will never kick again, Lee regained his athletic prowess -- better than ever. Yet, it left with him a lifelong unbearable pain in his back.

Bruce was very vulnerable to the effects of drugs due to his extremely low body fat.

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wait...i thought he got shot in one of his films and died (used real bullets instead of blanks)...or that was what i heard.

but anyway, what was his height/weight/age before he died?

Bradshaw

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
no that was his son Brandon Lee who died of an accident while filming 'The Crow'.

I think I read that Bruce was 5'7"-5'8" and weighed 127-135lbs. (he was at the lighter weights while he was filming his last movie: Enter the Dragon)

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hmm ok thanks for the clarification of his death. But what i dont get is how he could've died on set of the film "the crow". Cause i remember watching that movie and saw it from beginning to end.

After reading up on some info online this was what i found....

Factoid: apparently the autopsy recording reveals that had Brandon lived, he would "almost certainly" have died of heart disease. So it would appear that, like his father, Brandon's perfect body concealed a fatal flaw.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As they say speed kills.

Look, the muscle mass Lee had was not that great in modern day terms.

Most guys can achieve that level of muscle mass, even relative hard gainers.

You don't need anything fancy, just a good basic weights program and diet. He was training to do something else, you can just focus on the look.

Now the killer crunch. Say you build up the mass and you are fairly lean, the thing that really makes his 'look' is the definition, seperation vascularity etc achieved by low body fat and various 'tricks'.

And that's the bad news, you can't look like that ALL the time, it's peeking, look at lower weight division boxers at a weigh in, then see them even hours later.

Same with body builders. You can have a really good body, but to look like that all the time is not human.

Sure get yourself some speed or Clen or Iggy Pop Chase as opposed to enter the dragon. But leave the look for the film shoots if you want a healthy and long existence.