Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

British Prince Harry dressing as a Nazi

Should Prince Harry apologise???

• Yes

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • No

Votes: 17 48.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden Arms

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: British Prince Harry dressing as a Nazi

Originally posted by Wyldfire

No one will ever forget the Holocaust...it's taught in every history class. Consider this for a minute...EVERYONE knows about the Holocaust. However, there have been a lot more genocides that have also taken place, a lot of them AFTER the Holocaust...and knowledge of those aren't common. My point is...there ARE other victims who have suffered JUST as much as the Jews did at the hands of Hitler.

What exactly is your point here ? That other ethnic groups have also suffered ? Whoop-dee-doo !! Does that mean that noone has the right to get offended - because others suffered as well ? Where's the logic in that ? Hey, I guess if someone steals or breaks into my car, I don't have the right to call the cops and complain - because other people have had their vehicles stolen or broken into as well !

KOSR

Don Juan
Reaction score
My grandfather must have killed at least 3 krauts during the nazi invasion.

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WlydFire, just think how stupid you're being for a second.

60 years ago, as a child you were rounded up and taken to Auschwitz. You were brutally beaten and half starved to death. People you knew from your village were sent in for "showers" and were never seen again. The Schwastika was seen as a symbol of Hate and more importantly FEAR. Numerous allied soldiers and Jews died, so that YOU could be liberated, hours before you were about to go to the gas chamber.

You survived ALL those horrors, saw all those people die, and for what? Some 20 year old to wear the Schwastika like it's a joke and it means nothing. Bringing back all those memories you tried to repress.

I'd be like people fondly reminsing about the night your lover got shot, and passing around photos.

Some people really need to think before opening there mouths.

Edit: Don't bother answering this, because i'm not going to offer a response, i've come to the conclusion that you are nothing but attention seeking, so please don't bother to bait me.

Yotsuya-san

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There is way too much "anything goes" and "live and let live" going around. And in our culture, there is way too much shyt that actually praises people for having the balls or confidence to pull stunts like this. I don't interpret this as a sign of more tolerance for diversity and boldness but as a clear an indication of the prevailing notion that people will do anything for attention. The people who push this mentality the most do it for the reason that they believe it allows them to act the fool and jackass without fear of criticism, thus making the critics the ones who are unfairly labeled as cynical and close minded.

That being said, I still believe that there are some things that are still strictly black and white issues in regards to taste. Hitler and Nazism is one of them. You just don't play around with that as a joke if you're smart. Another example: Martin Luther King, You will NEVER,EVER,EVER see him parodied or spoofed on any comedy show by anyone. Because a lot of us take seriously what he was all about.

As far as "not being able to please everybody", don't try to but don't go out of your way either just to be bold or eccentric either. Of all the things Prince Harry could have dressed as, why would he dress as a Nazi unless he was looking for attention?

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
He is a teenage boy. Teenage boys do things like this...so do teenage girls. I'm the parent of 3 teenagers...I KNOW this to be true.

Harry was seeking attention? He was at a small PRIVATE birthday party of a close friend. It was a costume party. The poor kid has everyone around him eyeballing him all the time, pressuring him to behave a certain way and be what others expect him to be. But he's STILL a boy and I would imagine his life isn't a whole hell of a lot of fun. Give the kid a break. He wore a costume to a PRIVATE birthday party with other teenage boys. He didn't go goose-stepping up and down the main street in London for God's sake. Anyone making an issue about what a teenager wears in PRIVATE is whining. Someone snapped a picture and sold it for tons of money and some tabloid rag printed it. If you guys want to biotch about the picture then blame the tabloid rag that published and paid all that money for it. It wasn't Harry who printed the damn thing.

Now to make a couple of points...

The original post is of a POLITICAL nature and never should have been posted in the first place. Aside from that...what the hell does Prince Harry's costume at a birthday party have to do with this website?

This thread should be locked, if not just outright deleted.

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wyldfire
The original post is of a POLITICAL nature and never should have been posted in the first place. Aside from that...what the hell does Prince Harry's costume at a birthday party have to do with this website?

This thread should be locked, if not just outright deleted.
Guess she's right.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.