Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

British Prince Harry dressing as a Nazi

Should Prince Harry apologise???

• Yes

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • No

Votes: 17 48.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Borgia

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just thought it would be interested to hear peoples feelings on this topic. For those whom want a link to the story, its here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4170623.stm

Basically, Prince Harry went to fancy dress party dressed as a Nazi, he has since issued apology but there are calls for him to apologise in Person.

What do you think of this?

As a British Jew who lost a lot of my family in the Holocaust, i am disgusted and feel that a apology is in order.

How about you?

fixed link---Paradox

Last edited by a moderator:

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats' what happens when you're born rich and your old man never kicks your ass when you misbehave while growing up.

diplomatic_lie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Even though I agree that Prince William probably shouldn't have worn a German uniform, I find the whole Jewish-Holocaust thing becoming far too sensitive.

I have many friends who lost their family (20 million deaths, double the size of the Holocaust) during the Japanese invasion of China. But the Japanese rising sun flag isn't even banned in most countries.

Similarly, some of my friends lost family during Stalin's purges (10 million). Yet the Soviet hammer and sickle isn't banned.

I don't think we should use the Holocaust as an excuse to point out how evil Germans are and how nice Jewish people are. We need to use it to promote WORLDWIDE tolerance.

KOSR

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 1/8th or 1/16th ? jewish, no doubt family members or relatives suffered during the nazi invasion.

But I can't help but find this good comedy :D

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The irony being that Prince Harry has German ancestry! I think it is a bloody stupid thing to do and very poor taste.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deffinatelly not something to be proud of!

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont know guys. I'm sick of stuck up people that always have to be politically correct about everything. I'm sure that he wore that outfit as a gimmick or a joke. I don't see what the big deal is. I believe that one can joke about pretty much everything.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Somethings u CAN... somethings u CANT.. simple.

Originally posted by Centaurion
I dont know guys. I'm sick of stuck up people that always have to be politically correct about everything. I'm sure that he wore that outfit as a gimmick or a joke. I don't see what the big deal is. I believe that one can joke about pretty much everything.
Well there are just things thay one SHOULDNT joke around about, and this is one of them, its as simple as that. I mean... if people will get offended by it, then whats funny about that? *G*

Laterz...

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Somethings u CAN... somethings u CANT.. simple.

Originally posted by ~ªêQµïTª$~
Well there are just things thay one SHOULDNT joke around about, and this is one of them, its as simple as that.
Tell that to thousands of kids who dress up as hitler for halloween all around the globe. For gods sakes, it was a COSTUME PARTY! They dress as serial killers, women who killed their sons, and all that stuff. It was not a joke, it was a costume party. Btw, this isn't any of our ****ing buissiness. Let the kid enjoy what is left of his childhood as much as he can.

Don Ronny

Banned
Reaction score
Nazis are cool! At least Hitler was openly evil. Not like our George W. who pretends to be God's Chosen One for the Holy War. :rolleyes:

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Originally posted by SamePendo
Tell that to thousands of kids who dress up as hitler for halloween all around the globe. For gods sakes, it was a COSTUME PARTY! They dress as serial killers, women who killed their sons, and all that stuff. It was not a joke, it was a costume party. Btw, this isn't any of our ****ing buissiness. Let the kid enjoy what is left of his childhood as much as he can.
I agree with you... but seeing as though many people got offended, i think that in future it should be avoided from happening again, thats all. I for one dont agree to the fact that people got offended by this, but seeing as they DID, i think that it shouldnt be done in future to AVOID people getting offended:rolleyes:

Laterz...

Yotsuya-san

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Somethings u CAN... somethings u CANT.. simple.

Originally posted by SamePendo
Just because the joe-average kid does it doesn't give any excuse.
Prince Harry, as a member of the Royal Family, is supposed to be setting an example for other young people. He sent out the wrong message, PERIOD!

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Somethings u CAN... somethings u CANT.. simple.

Originally posted by Yotsuya-san
Just because the joe-average kid does it doesn't give any excuse.
Prince Harry, as a member of the Royal Family, is supposed to be setting an example for other young people. He sent out the wrong message, PERIOD!

He is setting an example allright. Example of even though your mom dies of unclear reasons (some of them suggesting your father, who by the way, cheated on your mother, and is a bum, killed your mother).. you can still live on, and have fun, and go to costume parties. No person can go through life trying to please everybody. And you should know that. He is not praising hitler, he is just wearing a costume and now you've got the whole world shoving their asses where they shouldn't. Why didn't the whole world turn their heads around when we found out Prince Charles was a ****head, going out with that *****?

Royal families **** smells just like my ugly ass ****. Leave him alone.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Borgia
I just thought it would be interested to hear peoples feelings on this topic. For those whom want a link to the story, its here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4170623.stm

Basically, Prince Harry went to fancy dress party dressed as a Nazi, he has since issued apology but there are calls for him to apologise in Person.

What do you think of this?

As a British Jew who lost a lot of my family in the Holocaust, i am disgusted and feel that a apology is in order.

How about you?
fixed link---Paradox
It was a costume party. I'm part Native American and I don't get offended when kids dress up as cowboys. I'm American and I didn't get offended when several older boys came asking for candy on Halloween dressed up as Osama bin Laden. I am a survivor of Domestic Violence but I don't get offended when a man wears shirts commonly referred to as "wife beaters".

If Prince Harry shaved his head and began touting "Mein Kampf", then a public outrage would be understandable. Pitching a fit over a freaking costume is immature, anal-retentive and just plain petty.

World Jewry as a whole needs to knock it off with all this looking for a reason to be offended. You can't even criticize Israel's government for a behavior or policy you don't agree with without being called anti-semetic. The act of embracing victimhood in this way actually causes some people to hate Jews who otherwise had no reason to feel that way.

The kid wore a costume to a costume party...he did NOT tattoo a swastika on his forehead...and damn it, despite the fact that millions of Jews were killed during the Holocaust, they weren't the only ones killed. Physically and mentally disabled people were killed. Catholic priests were killed, gypsies were killed. Basically, aside from Jews, some of the most vulnerable populations of people were killed. The Holocaust was NOT all about victimizing the Jews.

Tha Realnezz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Centaurion
Really,so let's say your kid get run over by an escalade and I go out and buy one and spray red paint on the tires. Beep the horn whenever you're around.

Would that be kosher?

As for this cracker dressing up like Hitler.I find it amusing that Euros' don't really care about it and find it funny.After all that hitler and the nazi's did over there.

Concentration camps are a joke?
Going to war for "living space" is a joke?
Ethinic cleansing is a joke?

You guys need to get real.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Who gives a sh1t. None of you morons know him personally anyway and i bet 99% of you arent even brittish or jewish.

Golden Arms

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: British Prince Harry dressing as a Nazi

Originally posted by Wyldfire
I'm part Native American and I don't get offended when kids dress up as cowboys. I'm American and I didn't get offended when several older boys came asking for candy on Halloween dressed up as Osama bin Laden. I am a survivor of Domestic Violence but I don't get offended when a man wears shirts commonly referred to as "wife beaters".

Right. Newsflash - not everyone thinks the same way you do.
So what you're saying is - since you're not offended by some things, therefore nobody else has the right to be offended by anything ?

That's like me saying - I am Jewish and I am not offended by Prince Harry's actions so why should African Americans be offended by someone dressing up in KKK costumes and burning crosses ?

Panda 2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with Wyldfire, everyone is way too sensitive about that. And this thing has gotten just way too much hype, there are things about a million times worse famous people have done and no one has taken notice.
And everyone else here just uses broad exaggerations which have very little to do with the real matter as arguments.
To use an exaggeration of my own, what if a friend of mine got kicked to death by someone wearing Adidas shoes? Could I then complain that Adidas shoes offend me and no one should wear them?
Things other people do will offend you and things you do will offend other people, that's a constant, so everyone has to learn either not to be so sensitive and not to take offence or to just suck it up.
Now if he proclaimed he was a nazi and said nazi stuff, that would be a direct insult to lots of people.

Reaction score
I'm half Jewish, and while I think it was a stupid thing for him to do I see no need for him to call a press conference and publicly apologize. He apologized in a statement, he likely will be more careful in the future, and forcing him to apologize to the nation is just dragging the whole experience out.

Status
Not open for further replies.