Brian Tracy

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Watch this video of Brian Tracy:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...551&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=5

http://www.briantracy.com/?cmpid=2158&kw=Brian Tracy

Goals allow you to control the direction of change in your favor.
Brian Tracy

If what you are doing is not moving you towards your goals, then it's moving you away from your goals.
Brian Tracy

If you wish to achieve worthwhile things in your personal and career life, you must become a worthwhile person in your own self-development.
Brian Tracy

Just as your car runs more smoothly and requires less energy to go faster and farther when the wheels are in perfect alignment, you perform better when your thoughts, feelings, emotions, goals, and values are in balance.
Brian Tracy

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like how he mentioned "don't think about what you don't want". That's not the easiest thing to do, but you have two options. Think positively or negatively, either one you can choose. You can go either way. But you have to choose one.

As I am getting more goal oriented I'm starting to see the purpose, and it's not to "do stuff and be successful", accomplishing goals keeps you more centered in the moment, and keeps you more in tune with what you really want from life. It forces you to constantly ask "what do I want? Is this what I want? Why do I want it?" and if you do that, you're going to be living more, not just coasting.

If you're actually managing your own resources wisely like this, I think your mind must say "wow I'm taking all this effort to be happy. I must be worth happiness" and from that you get more self-love. This seems to be what I'm experiencing at least.

I'll research him more, he seems to be a more holistic type guy.

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thoughts have Energy in them.
Attach EMOTION, another Energy, and create a more powerful tangible substance.

Imagine if you have Positive emotions attached to your positive goal oriented thoughts? What about the OPPOSITE? What do you think you will experience then??

thoughts have the power to influence our bodies and others, and our surroundings.

Thoughts BUILD more Energy, thus, they create MOMENTUM.

This MOMENTUM is either Negative or Positive.

This Energy becomes like a Cloud around us.
It is either a Good cloud or a Bad cloud, or for a lot of people, a MIXTURE of both Good and Bad.

This is because they still focus their thoughts and attention on the Negative things, and a little bit on some Positve things.
Things that happened to them in the past, and what MAY happen in the fututre, they worry about it in the NOW.
So they are neither Grounded or Present, neither Here not There.

THIS is the MOST IMPORTANT THING to realize.

If thoughts/ideas, and especially YOUR BELIEFS, create Momentum that PROPEL you to what YOU Focus your ATTENTION on....then you get what you THINK.
And if you THINK in the NEGATIVE...you will keep expereincing the NEGATIVE.

ANXIETY is worrying about the Future.

FAITH is being secure that what you have done today will give you the Fruits of your Labor tomorrow...or even..RIGHT NOW.

Positve decisions or Negative decisions.
Constructive decisions and choices or Destructive.

Mature action or Immature Action.

Confident action or INSECURE inaction or action (preserving the Ego Self Image).

It's all you.
Every bit of it.
What we want to do is build POSITIVE MOMENTUM towards our Goals.

We need to do this to OVERCOME the NEGATIVE, slow and HEAVY ENERGY that surrounds us and sticks to us like a glue. And keeps us BEHIND.
It keeps us stuck in the mud.

You must embrace the experiences good or bad, and remind yourself every time that it is YOU who brought this experience into your life.
Be a Man, make peace with it, and then CORRECT the mistake and carry on. March forward.

We NEED to have a STRONG POSITIVE VISUAL IMAGE and POSITIVE Emotional FEELING about our Vision of the NOW and the FUTURE.
Our Goals.

Our Mission Statement.

We pursue High Character out of SHREWDNESS!!

SHREWDNESS!

Don't be a fool.

Do not be fools, gentlemen.
even if you have still not worked out your Ethics and Values, but are in the process, choose High Character every time.
for you young men out there reading this, do this out of shrewdness if you are still not 100% sure of the Goal of High Character.

You must PURSUE it.
Realize what you want to stand for, and do it.

Maintain this every time and you WILL HAVE INTEGRITY.

When ou have Integrity, PEOPLE WILL TRUST YOU.

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What is YOUR Personal Mission Statement?

What are you doing RIGHT NOW to further yourSELF and get to where YOU want to BE, DO, or HAVE?

What are YOU DOING that is HOLDING you DOWN and BACK?

What are you doing to BREAK FREE?

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interceptor said:
This is because they still focus their thoughts and attention on the Negative things, and a little bit on some Positve things.
Things that happened to them in the past, and what MAY happen in the fututre, they worry about it in the NOW.
So they are neither Grounded or Present, neither Here not There.
Yeah. And if you are more focused on what you want, and actively doing something about it, you may not have the time to "live" in that negative energy. You can't be moving forward with all you have and still staying in the past and dwelling/worrying. How can you do both at the same time? They seem to cancel each other out.

I just bought his "GOALS!" audio book so this must be the next step for me. Right now I'm at spiritual/true nature of reality meets action in the "real world" and how they both work together. And this guy is into LOA.

Good timing Interceptor.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interceptor said:
What is YOUR Personal Mission Statement?

What are you doing RIGHT NOW to further yourSELF and get to where YOU want to BE, DO, or HAVE?

What are YOU DOING that is HOLDING you DOWN and BACK?

What are you doing to BREAK FREE?
this is my favorite!!

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bump.

You will pick one short term Goal.

You will pick one Long Term Goal.

You will write them down.
An every morning when you wake up, and every night before you go to sleep, you will read them to yourself three times.

You will use your resources to achieve these goals.
You will give yourself a deadline to keep you disiplined and focus your attention on them.

A short term goal coudl be ;

"I will go to the gym and do my work out program 3 times a week. Every week.No exceptions"

"I will go to sleep at the same time every night, and do everythig I can to get 8 hours of deep sleep every night. No exceptions."

Long term goal:

"I will buy XYZ (car, TV, X Box, house, car, a dream vacation...whatever). By putting aside my money and getting myself in a financial situation where I can afford it, I will buy this object."

"Every time I am under stress, I will perform a deep breathing and visualization exercise to get myself back into focus."

Pick a Goal. And accomplish it.

This will build Self Esteem, and change your negative self concept.
It will create confidence, and create expereinces you would have never expereinced otherwise.
Your Comfort Zone will increase in size,having expanded by you moving out of your current mind frame and neurology, and your Personal Boundary will also increase as you have created more Inner Reosurces.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interceptor said:
Pick a Goal. And accomplish it.

This will build Self Esteem, and change your negative self concept.
It will create confidence, and create expereinces you would have never expereinced otherwise.
Your Comfort Zone will increase in size,having expanded by you moving out of your current mind frame and neurology, and your Personal Boundary will also increase as you have created more Inner Reosurces.
Yeah. After you posted this thread I bought his "Goals!" audio book and have listened to it three times. For about a week I've been doing his exercise of buying a spiral notebook and writing my goals at night and first thing in the morning, managing every minute of time. EVERYTHING is goal oriented. These last couple weeks I've accomplished more than probably the last year, at least it feels like that.

I can't even explain what I'm going through right now. I think about what you say about your personal boundary increasing, that must be it. I feel this feeling of confidence and self acceptance I didn't have before. Major, major identity crisis. I'm coming to grips with feeling good for once. My life is speeding up so quickly. Synchronicities, stuff like that. I see less of a separation between me and everything else, I'm sure you know what I mean. I'm starting to get addicted to the idea of testing my comfort zone. I keep doing it. More each day.

YIKES!!! I can handle it though. Too late to turn back.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heh heh you're experiencing now what Tony Robbin's calls "the joy of growing" reset.

Not content to settle for a life of acceptance and mediocrity you have instead chosen to live with passion and its great to see.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KontrollerX said:
Heh heh you're experiencing now what Tony Robbin's calls "the joy of growing" reset.

Not content to settle for a life of acceptance and mediocrity you have instead chosen to live with passion and its great to see.
I think so. That's why I'm glad I have this place and you guys, because since everything else is changing I'm glad to know there's something constant here for me, a sort of continuity from the past to what's happening now.

Answers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for this thread Interceptor! I need to refocus the mind on setting goals.

reset said:
I can't even explain what I'm going through right now. I think about what you say about your personal boundary increasing, that must be it. I feel this feeling of confidence and self acceptance I didn't have before. Major, major identity crisis. I'm coming to grips with feeling good for once. My life is speeding up so quickly. Synchronicities, stuff like that. I see less of a separation between me and everything else, I'm sure you know what I mean. I'm starting to get addicted to the idea of testing my comfort zone. I keep doing it. More each day.
Good stuff reset! I know what you mean about feeling seperated from everything. Its a common feeling but I'm determined to change it.