breaking up with girlfriend

MM92

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Been with her about 18 months.

Basically I've wanted to split up with her for months. She's never done anything wrong to me, she's always been very good to me in fact. She's just always been so clingy to the point it's annoyed me so much that I decided I have to end things. Only problem is whenever I've been getting close to ending it and bringing it into conversation she just cries and cries and basically refuses to let me leave until we sort things out.

I want to end it so badly but I'd hate to upset her. She's mad on me and been so good to me but she's just a bit crazy. I think I'll find it impossible to be able to shake her off without her becoming suicidal or stalking me.

I'd like to stay friends as we get along great and share interests but I just don't want her as a girlfriend.

Any tips from the experienced ones of how to handle this? I know what I should probably do but hearing it from someone else would be great.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
[edited]

Aristo511

Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly, grow a pair and man up! The longer you don't do it the worse it gets bud. You need to let her go and be honest. Your timid approach is killing it and she sense's it every time. It is a hard thing to do but if you don't care about her as you did before you need to tell her. Imagine if it were you on the other side of this coin and ask yourself how you would want to be treated. Most people would rather you put them out of their misery rather than bleed to death, is another way to look at it. Get it over with and I promise you will feel better. Oh and one more thing. I have seen people do this too. Make sure you really want to do this. Some people think they do then... Realized they made a huge mistake. Hope that helps!

expos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MM92 said:
Been with her about 18 months.

Basically I've wanted to split up with her for months. She's never done anything wrong to me, she's always been very good to me in fact. She's just always been so clingy to the point it's annoyed me so much that I decided I have to end things. Only problem is whenever I've been getting close to ending it and bringing it into conversation she just cries and cries and basically refuses to let me leave until we sort things out.

I want to end it so badly but I'd hate to upset her. She's mad on me and been so good to me but she's just a bit crazy. I think I'll find it impossible to be able to shake her off without her becoming suicidal or stalking me.

I'd like to stay friends as we get along great and share interests but I just don't want her as a girlfriend.

Any tips from the experienced ones of how to handle this? I know what I should probably do but hearing it from someone else would be great.
What is she jumped into bed with another man two weeks after you guys break up? Would you be hurt by this and want her back?

Imagine this vividly: Can you stomach the thought of her getting fvcked by another dude a few weekends from now while you are at home, bored, watching something dumb on TV all by yourself?

Consider what you are doing here. This happens to a lot of guys when they get complacent and really don’t care about what they have. Girls can move on quickly, especially if they have been hurt and are looking to be validated. Then, your jealously and the fact you can't get them back will literally destroy you.

If she’s that good to you, I think you should really keep her around. Very few girls are ever worth the time.

MM92

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
expos said:
What is she jumped into bed with another man two weeks after you guys break up? Would you be hurt by this and want her back?

Imagine this vividly: Can you stomach the thought of her getting fvcked by another dude a few weekends from now while you are at home, bored, watching something dumb on TV all by yourself?

Consider what you are doing here. This happens to a lot of guys when they get complacent and really don’t care about what they have. Girls can move on quickly, especially if they have been hurt and are looking to be validated. Then, your jealously and the fact you can't get them back will literally destroy you.

If she’s that good to you, I think you should really keep her around. Very few girls are ever worth the time.
That happened to me with a previous ex and like you say it literally destroyed me. But I did grow back stronger, it just took a long time. (many thanks to those on here who I learnt stuff from)

Since then I've become numb to **** like that. Whether that's a good thing or not, I'm not so sure.

Anyway it's done now. Took 2 hours of her crying and a massive headache for me but it's over. We've agreed to remain friends.

Thanks to Aristo511 for his input also.