Breaking Up Like a Man

Razor Sharp

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Background: I've been in a long term relationship with two women for almost two years now. Since I am too lazy to cover my own tracks, they know about each other and I've had no drama until recently.

I knew it was inevitable that one of them would get jealous so was not too surprised when Girl #2 hit me with the ultimatum. I had to ditch #1 or she was gone. I let her know that was her choice and I would respect it but I was not going to dump anyone. That pissed her off.

Fast-forward 2 weeks later. I haven't heard from her at all. No calls, no emails, zero. Very tempted to reach out, but I know the game she is playing so I fall back. Eventually she caves and calls me to meet up. Says we need to talk. So we decide to have some coffee near my house and that's where she tells me she met someone.

Keep in mind this is a chick who has been by my side through thick and thin so this is not easy for me to hear. I can see her gauging my reaction and know that the worst thing to do is overreact or get all needy, so I play it cool.

#2: I met someone

Me: Hey, congrats

#2: Aren't you curious who it is?

Me: It's not much of my business now apparently

#2: So then it's over? Just like that?

Me: That's what you seem to be telling me

#2: Not really. We can still be together - I just have someone else for occasional fun

Me: I see now. This is your own ironic way of highlighting my double-standard. Well played

#2: You have to admit this is totally unfair. You can spread your love around but I can't?

Me: You can do whatever you want, but don't expect me to compromise myself, not like this

#2: You are so selfish you know that? Relationships ARE compromise

Me: Relationships are built on mutual understanding. This whole conversation reveals how much you really do not get me, so it's probably best if we both move on.

#2: Just like that? How can you be so cold?

Me: Hey, this is not easy for me, I care about you a great deal and you know that, but there's no going back now. You've already made your choice.

#2: You can always dump #1 and I can forget about this guy.

Me: We both know that's just not true. Look we can drag this whole thing out but I've been down this road many times and know how it ends, so if you have nothing else to say, I've got some errands to run. *peck on the cheek*

#2: ...

I left her there wondering why her plan had backfired. Wasn't easy - I still have feelings for this woman and she was an animal in the sack, but she got the cutoff switch.

Days go by and there is no contact. 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks then one day I find her waiting for me after work. She has obviously been crying so we start talking. She wants me back and doesn't care about #1 anymore. I am sooo tempted to pull her back under my wing, but I know things can never be the same. I try to console her but she's a mess so I hail her a cab and send her home.

This was about a week ago and she is now obsessed with me. I've had to block her emails and ignore her texts. #1 says that she stalks me but I haven't caught her myself.

It's just funny - looking back on this experience, I can't help but be amused by my own progress. Years ago I would have done things a lot differently:

#2: So I met someone
Me: WHO?! Is it someone I know? I'll f*cking kill him! Baby please take me back! I'll fold to your emotional blackmail and do whatever you want, effectively castrating myself and ruining any chance that you will ever respect me as a man again. Just don't leave me! WAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAAAA!

Lessons:

• If you think you are not ready to settle down, then you're not
• Have standards and stick to them
• Realize when a relationship is just not worth salvaging
• No emotional outbursts, don't give them the satisfaction
• Do not be ruled by attachment. Sometimes you have to let go of someone you love for mutual benefit
• Make a clean break. Going back and forth just prolongs the heartache

Make no mistake fellas. I am gutted over this. She was a solid 9 and an overall cool girl. But as it is often said, you know there's other fish, in the sea that is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJunijzmjks

WhitePimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's as simple as that really. Not letting women have control over my emotional state has been such a freeing experience in my life, whereas before I would stop eating for days if something like your story occurred.

BTW props on the 2 LTRs for two years. That's pretty amazing

disgustipated

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Especially like the no emotional outburst lesson. It can be something as simple as a rise in your voice, the pitch or volume. Women are keen in sensing that stuff.

This is something that has came naturally to me, very very recently and I attribute it to having experience after experience with these chicks that love drama. After enough times you just become immune to their ways to elicit reactions from you and it feels ****ing great!

typical

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Experience teaches harshly but it teaches well doesnt it brother :)

Well played done everything like a REAL MAN should, Good work man !!!!

randomshinichi

Don Juan
Reaction score
So what happened was that she tried to force your hand with this "guy" and you refused to and punished her for trying to manipulate you into doing so, right?
EDIT: Was it really not worth salvaging at that point? She would've learned her lesson anyway without you having to break up with her. Sounds to me like you two really want to get back together, but you're breaking up simply out of principle, because you feel you "must", or breaking up is the only way a guy can punish a woman for her behaviour. There are other ways to penalize her for that and still have the cake, I'm sure.

Because of her current state of mind, taking her back would not be interpreted as a weakness, but more likely it would be interpreted as forgiveness. Therefore you should still be in the position of power.

Delly2000

Don Juan
Reaction score
Excellent posts. Wish I would have done this on 2 prior occasions.

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Razor Sharp said:
Background: I've been in a long term relationship with two women for almost two years now. Since I am too lazy to cover my own tracks, they know about each other and I've had no drama until recently.

I knew it was inevitable that one of them would get jealous so was not too surprised when Girl #2 hit me with the ultimatum. I had to ditch #1 or she was gone. I let her know that was her choice and I would respect it but I was not going to dump anyone. That pissed her off.

Fast-forward 2 weeks later. I haven't heard from her at all. No calls, no emails, zero. Very tempted to reach out, but I know the game she is playing so I fall back. Eventually she caves and calls me to meet up. Says we need to talk. So we decide to have some coffee near my house and that's where she tells me she met someone.

Keep in mind this is a chick who has been by my side through thick and thin so this is not easy for me to hear. I can see her gauging my reaction and know that the worst thing to do is overreact or get all needy, so I play it cool.

#2: I met someone

Me: Hey, congrats

#2: Aren't you curious who it is?

Me: It's not much of my business now apparently

#2: So then it's over? Just like that?

Me: That's what you seem to be telling me

#2: Not really. We can still be together - I just have someone else for occasional fun

Me: I see now. This is your own ironic way of highlighting my double-standard. Well played

#2: You have to admit this is totally unfair. You can spread your love around but I can't?

Me: You can do whatever you want, but don't expect me to compromise myself, not like this

#2: You are so selfish you know that? Relationships ARE compromise

Me: Relationships are built on mutual understanding. This whole conversation reveals how much you really do not get me, so it's probably best if we both move on.

#2: Just like that? How can you be so cold?

Me: Hey, this is not easy for me, I care about you a great deal and you know that, but there's no going back now. You've already made your choice.

#2: You can always dump #1 and I can forget about this guy.

Me: We both know that's just not true. Look we can drag this whole thing out but I've been down this road many times and know how it ends, so if you have nothing else to say, I've got some errands to run. *peck on the cheek*

#2: ...

I left her there wondering why her plan had backfired. Wasn't easy - I still have feelings for this woman and she was an animal in the sack, but she got the cutoff switch.

Days go by and there is no contact. 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks then one day I find her waiting for me after work. She has obviously been crying so we start talking. She wants me back and doesn't care about #1 anymore. I am sooo tempted to pull her back under my wing, but I know things can never be the same. I try to console her but she's a mess so I hail her a cab and send her home.

This was about a week ago and she is now obsessed with me. I've had to block her emails and ignore her texts. #1 says that she stalks me but I haven't caught her myself.

It's just funny - looking back on this experience, I can't help but be amused by my own progress. Years ago I would have done things a lot differently:

#2: So I met someone
Me: WHO?! Is it someone I know? I'll f*cking kill him! Baby please take me back! I'll fold to your emotional blackmail and do whatever you want, effectively castrating myself and ruining any chance that you will ever respect me as a man again. Just don't leave me! WAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAAAA!

Lessons:

• Do not be ruled by attachment. Sometimes you have to let go of someone you love for mutual benefit

Make no mistake fellas. I am gutted over this. She was a solid 9 and an overall cool girl. But as it is often said, you know there's other fish, in the sea that is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJunijzmjks

Like a m-f'n boss. Well played.

Aaron B

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's a clinic on how to control the frame

I think I'm going to learn a lot from that post, thank you for sharing it.

The best part is that most men think that if they treated a woman that way, she would never speak to him again.

When in reality, she will never stop thinking about him.

DanelMadr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Razor, you have to admit you was kinda of an a-hole there :]

Two girls in LTR? Are you Mormon or what?
It was obviously a stunt on her side but can you blame her? It had to end up in tears. I mean...two girls, come on :rolleyes:

When you start looking for a proof that women are emotionaly retarded you will eventually find one, given the right circumstances ;-)

megarandom

Reaction score
Thanks for this post, could you describe how you were able to set her up to be okay for so long with the fact that she's okay with you seeing other girls but you not being okay with seeing other guys? I was under the impression a bargaining chip guys have in getting these types of relationships is when the guy shows the girl he's cool with her doing the same as him in seeing other people.

From what you wrote it seems she didn't initially know you were seeing another girl, so this issue was never really brought up. But then I'm wondering how did she find out, did she confront you, and how do you handle it like such a master that she still stuck around! And it seems like the other girl is totally cool with it, seeing as how she is having conversations with you about the first girl. Stories like this really challenge my perception of women and relationships, so I'd love to know more.

GaryUranga

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
These are very good tips, coulda used them a bit ago myself, props!

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never thought to go the route of MLTRs. There's always something new to try in the world of seduction!

BTW, congrats on holding down not one, but two women for two years. I generally want to get out in less than a year.

Buddha_Mind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, I cannot disagree with some of the bulleted principles at the bottom -- I think some of that is very wise -- but I do feel bad for these ladies, especially the one who genuinely cared about you, yet you deceived her. She will likely take a long time to heal from some of the emotional pain she has experienced, and hopefully she will not distrust all future men because of this.

I don't think it's right to brag or receive props about deceiving people for two years and then eroding them mentally before it all ends.

Mutual understandings are one thing -- if both of you have multiple partners, etc, but when you give off the vibe to her that you are being exclusive, and in reality you are getting with others, that can really hurt someone deeply. That's not so cool.

I know this forum is all about having things work in our (men) favor. However there has to be some personal boundaries of ethics and also realizing dating, LTRs, really do effect people's minds and hearts and I'm sure half of the people here are on this forum because of some pain others (or themselves) have put them through.

Good job at being disconnected from the outcome and keeping yourself centered. Bad job at probably really screwing this woman (#1) over mentally for the next five years as she heals from this.

Razor Sharp

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
**UPDATE**

Girl #1 just got a great opportunity in Europe, so though it breaks my heart we've decided to move on. It would be selfish of me to keep her here when a much better life awaits her elsewhere.

Girl #2 is getting married to that guy she shacked up with. I broke our no-contact to congratulate and wish her the best. Big mistake..now she's calling like crazy again.

So it looks like I'm single again. Definitely not in the mood to date or mess around for a while. Got some serious things to take care of in my life, plus I've never really done the rebound thing. A little space is needed before my libido takes over again and I jump back in the game.

But I will keep you guys posted once the adventure begins. :cool:

Buddha_Mind said:
I do feel bad for these ladies, especially the one who genuinely cared about you, yet you deceived her. She will likely take a long time to heal from some of the emotional pain she has experienced, and hopefully she will not distrust all future men because of this.
I've been nothing but 100% honest with her from day one. She's the one who did the sneaking around, knowing full well that it was a deal-breaker for me.

I don't think it's right to brag or receive props about deceiving people for two years and then eroding them mentally before it all ends.
Ahh I see now, you didnt read my post :) These two women knew about each other. We even had a threesome once but it didnt end well :/ Her sneaking off with that other guy was her attempt to pry my interest from my first girl.

I would never advocate that a man lie/cheat on his significant other. I find it distasteful and weak. Thanks for helping to clarify this

Desdinova said:
Never thought to go the route of MLTRs. There's always something new to try in the world of seduction!

BTW, congrats on holding down not one, but two women for two years. I generally want to get out in less than a year.
Thanks dude. It's actually not that hard if you set the expectations from the beginning. Women are perfectly happy to share a good man as long as he is a firm leader. Really it's more of a physical challenge, because women who compete against each other are more sexually active. I had to buy some aloe plants because they helped soothe the chafing, lol. Got my ass into shape that's for sure. Not a task for the weak of heart - I understand and respect most guys who opt for one LTR. It's a lot less work.

bullethead

Don Juan
Reaction score
dude your a boss... I just ended it with a fb, who I caught making out with a friend... I was an idiot to write her a sappy breakup letter... I should have played it like you!