Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Breaking the rules of the "game" DISCUSS

Zap

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cecil:
I don't know guys I think the whole FUN of dating is the hunting part. Its bizarre once i get into a serious relationship I start missing all of the phone I used to have hunting for women. And I know its not for sex, since I don't do until I know the girl for at least a month. So I think Its the game that keeps me going sometimes. Now that I have broken up with my girlfriend, I can't wait to start hunting again.

But maybe I am some kinda freak, which history dictates

-Cecil
I like SOME of the hunt. I get a huge thrill out of meeting new girls. But that thrill goes pretty quickly, so I'd like to replace it with something else.

-Zap

Don Juanita

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
RULES WERE MADE TO BE BROKEN!!!!!!!!!

If everything was done by the book then nothing can be learned, understood, taken, or explored.

My opinion......

Juanita

Krynnster

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Zap,

I think there is only one rule: "be yourself". That's the only way I know to attract compatible women. I think that all the rules and techniques that you find in this site are meant to help you overcome or avoid obstacles and "streamline" your dating process, but you should only use those "rules" that sit well with your personality. Otherwise, you might find that you become very successful at attracting incompatible women.

As far as I know, there is no single fool-proof technique to getting women. You have to devise your own way and your own rules to be successful at attracting the women that are right for you.

Hope this helps...

K.

------------------
Decent people don't use their signatures for promotional purposes. To learn more, visit my web site at http://krynnster.tripod.com .

Ace20

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krynnster:
Zap,

I think there is only one rule: "be yourself". That's the only way I know to attract compatible women. I think that all the rules and techniques that you find in this site are meant to help you overcome or avoid obstacles and "streamline" your dating process, but you should only use those "rules" that sit well with your personality. Otherwise, you might find that you become very successful at attracting incompatible women.

As far as I know, there is no single fool-proof technique to getting women. You have to devise your own way and your own rules to be successful at attracting the women that are right for you.

I totally agree with krynnster on this one. Just be yourself, in my opinion this is the only rule you should follow strictly. The rest of the rules are all generalized and designed to be adjusted to fit any situation. So dont think of it as rules to be followed but tips to help you in the hunt. Hope this helps.

Peace

Zap

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd still like to hear some female perspective on this. Do they like playing the game, or is it just something they feel they have to do? Would there be a way a guy could tell them the game isn't necessary?

-Zap

Peak

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Anti-Dump:

A woman's IMAGINATION is a real thing.
It took me ages to believe that point cause I am such a realist.

If a woman believes she loves you and says she does, then that is true reality. Likewise if she thinks you are a fool.

tomazu

Don Juan
Reaction score
be yourself.. well :-D

you see a gorgeous woman and go up to her and tell her: "Suck me beatyful?"

nah......

some people can be themselves all the time, others can't!

ciao tomazu

Originally posted by Krynnster:
Zap,

Hope this helps...

K.

bclarke675

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys, I hate to break it to you, but we have to play the game the rest of our lives, even after we get married. Women are too independant these days, and contrary to popular belief, the marriage vows mean more to the man than the woman. So, even after you take the vows, if you want your woman to honor them, you have to keep playing the game to continue to make her feel like you're her protector. Otherwise, she'll figure out that she can come out of almost any divorce better than you and you not only get left broken-hearted, but broke!

A word to the wise, follow what Doc Love says, and use your Don Juan skills to keep the woman you have happy, as well as to pick up women before you find "the one."

AlfredB18

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by bclarke675:
Guys, I hate to break it to you, but we have to play the game the rest of our lives, even after we get married. Women are too independant these days, and contrary to popular belief, the marriage vows mean more to the man than the woman. So, even after you take the vows, if you want your woman to honor them, you have to keep playing the game to continue to make her feel like you're her protector. Otherwise, she'll figure out that she can come out of almost any divorce better than you and you not only get left broken-hearted, but broke!

A word to the wise, follow what Doc Love says, and use your Don Juan skills to keep the woman you have happy, as well as to pick up women before you find "the one."
Another word to the wise...
"Pre-nup".

Sir_Chancealot

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BigBadJon:

But for anyone interested, if you wish to move to the cornfields of the midwest(where I am originally from), I am sure you can get by without having to follow so many of these damn rules. As long as you don't mind your parents choosing your bride to be and negotiating a dowry.....
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! How long you been away from the midwest, Hoss? Girls are the SAME EVERYWHERE. Search for the posts by GeneralDMacArthur (I forget where it is at). He and I had a really good discussion of whether the rules apply in a LTR/marriage or not.

the prince

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
For those of you I know, it's good to see you again. For those of you I haven't met, it's good to meet you. I've been away (relocated from SanFrancisco to Paris) for a bit, but I'm back now and I'll be weighing in from time to time. Here's hello...

How not to play the game, in 6 easy steps.

1. Learn the rules.
Learn them by heart and understand why you're doing what you're doing.
2. Have fun with the game.
It IS a game and games are fun if you're winning. So play it until you know how to 'win' or just forget it altogether.
3. Jordan's jump-shot at the buzzer.
Go out on top. When you've learned the rules and you can score at will, go on with life...do something else. Don't end up like that balding 47-year old single guy at the end of the bar. Sure, he used to get the girls, but if he's still doing it at that age, something's just wrong.
4. Don't play.
If you've absorbed the rules of the game, they're a part of you now...you won't have to try because you've made these habits, not 'rules'.
5. Find other joys.
Hobbies, obsessions, perversions, whatever. Find something else to interest you. Don't think about p*ssy.
6. Be real.
When you're real, you attract real people.

Only when you stop playing the game can you really stop playing...but while you're playing, learn something and make it a part of you. Make yourself a better, more attractive guy by understanding a bit about how women work and what they want.

James Bond doesn't play the game, but how do you think he got those skills? He practiced and learned at some point in his past...studs aren't born, they're groomed.

Don the Legend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Prince,

Welcome Back!!!

Very good points. That should be in the tip section.

I hope things are going good.

Good Luck,

Legend

KevM

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hah, thats why I've been off the girl scene for a little bit. Not really trying to press myself to get with them... Why? Because I see money as much more important now. Want head? Look at George Washington's face on that fresh dollar bill haha. And ol' George or Lincoln never complain about how you've changed or why you stopped going to dinner. I'm not too much into a lot of this drama **** most girls seem to love. The best thing I'm finding is if you want girls to respect you is to quit trying to impress them.

FIRST get your ground on the social scene and just being comfortable talking with people in general by stating whats on YOUR mind before messing with any girls. Why is this? Well you can pull all this beautiful sounding romantic **** from websites for a while, but your ass is going to get stuck in the long run if you are in a relationship. If you can't make what you have been giving the girl up by yourself and on the fly, then she is going to notice 'how you've changed'. If you listen to her run her ****ing mouth all day without really shooting in an opinion yourself and then you start to talk and say whats on YOUR mind, she is going to somehow notice how you've 'changed'. Thus DON'T pull that fly romantic stuff (patterns, etc.) unless you know you can create more in the future and do it when the situation calls for it if you are trying to impress her. Only do that crap if you are with this or that girl for a one night stand or for just straight practice.

Basically how you act when you first meet a girl and are with her for the first few weeks or whatever, thats how she is going to expect you to act in the future. So if you pull off a firework show your first day, then you come with your normal attitude the next day, most likely she is going to get her ass the **** out of there. Why? Because how you initially act is how she is going to expect you to act in the future. THUS DON'T pull fly **** unless you know you can keep it up if you are going to get in a relationship with a girl. Only do that for one night stands and for improving your skills as I said before, and with a girl you generally don't care about getting in a relationship with. Otherwise, act as you normally do, and stay stupid **** as often as you want, but throw some of that romantic practice on the side, but FOCUS on having fun just by being yourself. If you say a joke and nobody laughs except you, who gives a ****? THAT is true confidence. Focus on that inner guide within you and what that inner guide thinks as opposed to all those other people out there, as there will ALWAYS be someone that hates on you no matter WHAT you do. You can just sit there and be quiet and there will be somebody that doesn't like you or some ****, so who cares what others think? Girls will respect that you are bold enough to say whats on your mind, or that you can enter into a social scene and just have fun. You will be able to pull patterns, etc. also with ease once you have that social confidence and ease of tongue.
----------------------
The 'reason' we have these rules are because these rules get to the CORE of what women want, and that is emotional drama. They want to be emotionally stimulated

Why do YOU want a girl? It is to feel good right? That is the end to it all; to feel satisfied. If you are sick of this and women make you unhappy, why spend all this time pursuing them? Go play pool, watch tv, make money, or whatever else makes you happy. Don't feel that you NEED to get with a girl.

Its basically like this. If you have a passion for football, you will do whatever it takes to get to the top. You don't look for a way to 'get around' the athletic training, all the rules, etc. that makes you a better football player. If you aren't dedicated to it and it simply doesn't give you joy, then don't mess with it.

Here is how the principle of pleasure works. An act occurs and you either feel good on varying degrees to that situation or you feel bad. Getting a girlfriend won't magically make you feel good, and then you will get a certificate of flowers saying you are 'soul mates'. Thats a bunch of fake ****.

You will either respond pleasurably to her or negatively. 'Getting' to know this girl won't make you feel magical or has some secret in it that will take you to a land of bliss. All this is crap crap crap. The joy most guys get from a woman is either from the sex or when they find a special woman, its the ability to completely let go and be accepted by her, and she is a woman that dedicates herself to you and towards making your life better. If you don't find that ****, then don't concern yourself much beyond sex with these girls. I KNOW you don't see some guy sitting at a table and go 'GOD I HAVE to be friends with him'. That in itself sounds fruity, and if even if you do become friends with this guy, if he started pulling crap on you like breaking commitments, you probably wouldn't be friends with him for that long. So why stick with a girl if she treats you like crap? Just because she has nice titties doesn't make her magical. A common lie most guys have is that because she looks good, she must have a nice or special personality. ****, celebrities are normal people who just have mass exposure or totally dedicated themselves to one art, thus gained a lot of skill in that. But otherwise they are normal people and don't have a right to treat anyone like crap. The same thing with hot women. Just because she has a nice ass or whatever, look at more how she treats YOU than how she looks and ****. If she throws **** at you call her on it.

A relationship is an interaction between two people, and when you interact, you can either leave the expectations assumed or you can go out and say what you want. But either way, the person with the stronger will to push out his or her opinions WILL set the frame for the relationship. If your ass doesn't tell a girl to stop doing this or that, she is going to assume she can do it anyways since you aren't challenging her on it, and she is going to define the relationship to give herself as much freedom as possible while coming and using your resources. Maybe she will talk to all the guys she wants and only come back when she needs something. THIS is the problem of leaving the relationship in an assumed to know position.

Edit still in process

[This message has been edited by KevM (edited 09-08-2001).]

Shadow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
GOD THAT IS A GOOD POST KevM!!!!!!!!!!

When ever you say stuff I'm always listening [I even saved ur post in a text file on my computer! ;p]

You have a way of simplifying things in life and showing the truth about them! It's genius!!

------------------
It's not who's wrong or right, but who's stronger.

Pook

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KevM, good post! As your reward, here's a cookie! You've summed up my sentiments as well as your own.

Probably most, if not all, the people who have come onto this site were either shy or did badly with women. WE WANT GUARANTEES. And what happens?

"Ahh, a manual to how to deal with women." But it is merely training wheels. Eventually, we must fly off on our own without the safety net of formula. (Why do you think Don Juan 'greats' leave the forums and don't return? They have outgrown the nest. Their autopilot, while a Nice Guy crashed and burned, now soars high with success.)

Why do YOU want a girl? It is to feel good right? That is the end to it all; to feel satisfied. If you are sick of this and women make you unhappy, why spend all this time pursuing them? Go play pool, watch tv, make money, or whatever else makes you happy. Don't feel that you NEED to get with a girl.

Bingo. You are the Great Catch; your happiness is your mission.

And have as many holds on happiness as possible.

------------------
Pook
"As you think, you shall become."
"The biggest risk you can take is not to risk at all."

318 Most Hated

Don Juan
Reaction score
bump this....this it getting into my head as i read this...

peace....

------------------
"When you sit down at a poker table, look around and identify the chump. If you don't see one, leave, because the chump is you!" -Kodak

"I keep my Desert Eagle ****ed back in my tuxedo, with my top hat
What you broke motherf*&kaz know about that?"
-Big Pun(r.i.p.)

thecraftylefty

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bump. Here's another good topic discussion.

"If your rap is strong it can't go wrong."

thecraftylefty