Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Bracing myself

animal crackers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 18years old right now, and a senior in hs. I'm thinking about getting braces, and I would like some input on whether it would be a good idea. My teeth are straight, but they are slightly spaced out, and I have a bit of an overbite. I believe that braces would definately increase my attractiveness, but it would also mean I would have to wear braces...:-(. With college coming up I'm not sure I want a mouth full of metal, but the long term asthetics of good teeth would be great.

Omega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by animal crackers
I'm 18years old right now, and a senior in hs. I'm thinking about getting braces, and I would like some input on whether it would be a good idea. My teeth are straight, but they are slightly spaced out, and I have a bit of an overbite. I believe that braces would definately increase my attractiveness, but it would also mean I would have to wear braces...:-(. With college coming up I'm not sure I want a mouth full of metal, but the long term asthetics of good teeth would be great.
Invisaline, behind the teeth...theres lots of options. Well ok, there's only two other options. However, if you can't afford those then, just do it. You'll need them later in life if you don't get them now. In fact, I'm going to be getting Invisalines pretty soon. A because I need them, and B because I want them.

blienk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had braces from Novemeber of my junior year in HS to 3 days before my graduation and hated every second of it.

Firstly, they make it a lot harder to eat and keep your teeth clean. You have to brush your teeth after eating anything, because 20% of what you put in your mouth stays in the braces. Get used to not smiling for a few hours after meals, or carrying a toothbrush with you everywhere you go.

Second, they had no long-term appearence benefit for me. My teeth were only crooked in the back, so my smile was fine to begin with and no different after the 18 months wearing them.

Third, they detract from your appearence significantly. Of course they don't make it impossible to DJ, but girls notice them and don't like them. The younger you are, the less negative effects they have, but I was one of maybe 5 kids in my senior class of 400 that had them. I actually had experiences where I would make eye contact with a girl, she would smile, and then when I smiled back and revealed the braces she started laughing. It really starts to get annoying after awhile.

Fourth, they are very expensive. Thankfully my parents paid for mine, but if you have to pay for them yourself that just adds insult to injury. If I was living my life again and someone had offered me $4000 (the cost) to wear braces for the last 2 years of HS, I wouldn't do it. Seriously.

I would recommend getting braces only if your teeth are so screwed up that you won't mind going through 2 years of **** to get them fixed. In any other situation, I just don't think its worth it.

Omega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by blienk
I had braces from Novemeber of my junior year in HS to 3 days before my graduation and hated every second of it.

Firstly, they make it a lot harder to eat and keep your teeth clean. You have to brush your teeth after eating anything, because 20% of what you put in your mouth stays in the braces. Get used to not smiling for a few hours after meals, or carrying a toothbrush with you everywhere you go.

Second, they had no long-term appearence benefit for me. My teeth were only crooked in the back, so my smile was fine to begin with and no different after the 18 months wearing them.

Third, they detract from your appearence significantly. Of course they don't make it impossible to DJ, but girls notice them and don't like them. The younger you are, the less negative effects they have, but I was one of maybe 5 kids in my senior class of 400 that had them. I actually had experiences where I would make eye contact with a girl, she would smile, and then when I smiled back and revealed the braces she started laughing. It really starts to get annoying after awhile.

Fourth, they are very expensive. Thankfully my parents paid for mine, but if you have to pay for them yourself that just adds insult to injury. If I was living my life again and someone had offered me $4000 (the cost) to wear braces for the last 2 years of HS, I wouldn't do it. Seriously.

I would recommend getting braces only if your teeth are so screwed up that you won't mind going through 2 years of **** to get them fixed. In any other situation, I just don't think its worth it.

If they did all that just cause you had braces, then it was obvious that they didn't have much of a strong personality in the first place.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
I had braces and they never held me back, hell, the hottest chick in our highschool had braces. Its no big deal man.

I got them off junior year which served to boost my confidence into the solar system. Im glad i got thru them early on. My teeth now are perfecto. I had bad teeth before tho, buck and spaced LOL.. horrible lol. But now they are star quality.

Mr. Bacardi

Don Juan
Reaction score
Get your teeth capped, they look even better. In doing so, your teeth with be perfectly aligned, you will obtain the 'perfect smile,' you can determine the shade of white you want your teeth to be, and I guess it is semi-permanent. :cool:

- Mr. Bacardi

GlutusMaximus86

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wore braces for 5 years, had 12 teeth pulled, and now have two tooth implants. All that cost about $12000 dollars and in my mind was well worth it because now I have a perfect smile. Wearing braces for a while is not going to kill you and the long term benefits of it are well worth it.

seloifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea, havin braces is tough when you're in college.......... like one in five hundred students will have it.

Invisalign seems to be pretty great... it's basically an invisible retainer... - the only drawback being you have to go to your orthodontist every 2 weeks to get your new set in.

But in the long run, I think having good teeth is invaluable..... not only because of the dazzling smile you can show off, but also for the health issue behind it...

so, I say, go for it. Most braces nowadays aren't super noticeable (I mean, you can easily notice them, but they're not like a big giant neon sign), and aside from some added inconvenience, they shouldn't hinder you too much.... the payoff is worth it.