Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Book suggestion for the Married Man?

d0g

Don Juan
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

A friend of mine is getting married in two months. He has, as far as I am aware, never been exposed to the manosphere or explicitly to any red pill ideas elsewhere.

The good news is that his wife-to-be is from a very conservative part of the country, and seems to have been brought up in the "the purpose of a wife is to complement her husband" school of thought.

So that's a good start. But if that's all there was to it, no marriages in the 1950's would ever have broken down.

My friend is definitely on the beta end of things, although he doesn't act like a complete ***** around his fiance. He could probably do with more alpha though -- probably it doesn't matter now, or in the next few years, but I would guess that in time, she will grow bored if he doesn't deliver more alpha, and he needs to learn this.

I want to give my friend a book of good advice for his marriage. I have a hard time getting behind MMSL (by Kay); it seems too much like a marketing gimmick from a man who hasn't really proved himself. The Rational Male is far too heavy on the philosophy, and far too short on the practical advice about gaming your wife. I don't know of anything else suitable though.

What suggestions do you have?

d0g

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Bow-Wow,
"The Sex Diaries",by Bettina Arndt...get it to him early enough and he might abort LOL

d0g

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks, Scaramouche.

I couldn't find much of a preview of the book on Amazon, but it seemed suspiciously "blue bill" (along the lines of, "if couples just talk to each other about sex enough, and their respective needs, they'll always be happy"). Is that a misinterpretation?

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Bow-Wow,
Oh yes a wildly incorrect interpretation...This Lady ran a Radio Show on Sexual matters a few years ago...Very correct and Professional...she invited couples or one of the coup[le to record their sex lives over I thinki a year...Shocking,indeed horrifying stuff...I think their were 110 contributors...Some of these stories will curdle your blood...My Doctor has my copy...he was very impressed...Marriages can be happy but there are others who have a different experience...Maybe someone else here has read it...I doubt it though,their Horizons are mostly blinkered!