Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Body Types that Most Women Favor

JT47319

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Abbott
It is.

Really? The average woman is 5'4", ya know. If I'm taller than most women, then what's so bad?
[/QUOTE]

Average height of an American male is something like 5"10.

Blinky

Don Juan
Reaction score
5' 8" < - > 6' 5"

5' 8" - 6' 0" --- 165 - 190 lbs

6' 1" - 6' 5" --- 195 - 220 lbs

.... with defined cheek bones and jawline.

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MindOverMatter

Couple of girls told me that they don't like the bodybuilder look because it leaves nothing to the imagination, since they can tell he's built like an ox no matter what kind of outfit he wears. Whereas athletic guys on the other hand look normal with clothes on, but have a surprise package underneath.
That might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
Be that as it may, that's their opinion. If you don't think I'm being honest, feel free to get a photo of say...Ronnie Coleman, and Usher (but any olympic sprinter will do too), cut off both their heads, and ask girls which body type they prefer heh. If Ronnie wins, PM me.

Pugsley_f5

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro deal with what you have and quit fricking worrying about it, Ive seen, fat, ugly, skinny, old guys ALL get with hot chicks, work with what you have, stop trying to be something ur not or a stereotype, If your confident as hell and your ugly in my opinion that gets them just as wet as if you are hot and have average to no confidence, work with what you have, if you are skinny, bulk up a bit for your own sake but you don't need it in their eyes if they are confident as hell, I just walked up to a HB8 last night and she was flattered that I was soo confident and I got her number, before this site, I would have thought I didnt have a cold chance in hell with her cause I wasn't chippendales super hot, I came to this site and realised that I chick will totally be into you if your confident as hell and average looks, quit projecting guys thinking in terms of attractiveness onto chicks, look with them just don't matter that much to them, there are many many other things that come before looks come in a chicks mind.

Whereas guys looks is the first, and if a chicks confident to me it doesn't do anything to me but cause me to say to myself, whopee thats cool.

Pugs

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
look this topic is as debateable in comparison to if women like facial hair or not and what type. Most women are insecure, and it's all up to opinion. Every person out there is unique and has different tastes and views. accept that.

Zoso

Don Juan
Reaction score

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Evil-Rom
Care to explain, Einstein?
Think about it genius, if a guy looks thin in clothes do you really think a girl is going to look at him and wonder what he looks like with his shirt off thinking "I wonder if he looks muscular or thin under that shirt, I have to have sex with him to find out":rolleyes:

If a girl actually said that to a guy she was just being nice to him because he was probably skinny. As for a muscular guy, if he looks muscular in clothes that should really get her imagination wondering what exactly he looks like naked.

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MindOverMatter
That might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Be that as it may, that's their opinion. If you don't think I'm being honest, feel free to get a photo of say...Ronnie Coleman, and Usher (but any olympic sprinter will do too), cut off both their heads, and ask girls which body type they prefer heh. If Ronnie wins, PM me.
[/QUOTE]

Come on dude obviously Ronnie Coleman is the extreme.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember during the Athens olympics, I knew many chicks that would watch the swimming competition. I overheard conversation between chicks saying " that Michael Phelps has the perfect body, I love swimmers body because they are so natural"

I believe most women do care more about a guy being lean and cut as oppose to being big and heavy, its what the mainstream media is also focusing on now.

As for Phelps the guy has an average looking face but the women flock to see his body, which tells you that you don't have to have the best looking mug to win them but if you do have a good body it change the whole focus. See picture below of Phelps:

http://student.vub.ac.be/~tvgeneug/prive12.htm

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Think about it genius, if a guy looks thin in clothes do you really think a girl is going to look at him and wonder what he looks like with his shirt off thinking "I wonder if he looks muscular or thin under that shirt, I have to have sex with him to find out"
You would have a point, if only I mentioned a "thin" guy to begin with. I didn't say "thin', I said normal with clothes on, athletic underneath. Now maybe you're a thin guy so you assumed that was normal, in which case I should clear it up that when I say normal, I don't mean thin.

There is a difference between thin, and normal. Thin implies the guy is a twig, has small arms, small shoulders, and a very frail frame (basically a really skinny guy). Snoop Dogg can be considered thin. note, before you hit that reply button and start telling me how snoop's getting laid even tho he's thin, he's rich. end of story.

When I say normal, I mean the guy has a masculine shape with some mass, but you can't tell if he's cut and somewhat muscular, or if he's a bit on the soft/out of shape side. The guy could have a flat stomach, or a 6 pack, well developed pecs or a flat chest, well developed obliques or slight love handles, etc. It doesn't show through his clothes.

If you see most hockey players for example, they're not built like bodybuilders, but they're very muscular and cut. In clothes, they look normal. Are they thin? No.

If a girl actually said that to a guy she was just being nice to him because he was probably skinny.
Feel free to assume all you want, I've posted a pic (http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30488&perpage=40&pagenumber=3 ) and I'm anything but skinny. That quote I posted came from a discussion with a couple of my old female roomates when we were discussing our favorite types.

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Come on dude obviously Ronnie Coleman is the extreme.
Ok, I'll give you that, he's the best of the best. But use a pic of any bodybuilder, even amateur if you want.

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ricky
It really depends what you mean by thin.

I used to be real thin before working out. I might look a little thin now with clothes on due to narrow shoulders, but am muscular underneath (the surprise they mentioned).

Fat girls have mentioned they feel insecure around thin guys because they look that much bigger.
I'm 5'7" and 120 lbs. BMI = 18.8 People have said I'm thin and/or skinny, but I never quite sure if I should believe them.

And no, I've never been interested in being bigger, since I'd feel weird and insecure if I was. After all, I've been the same size for probably 5 years now.

There is one plus...when I say things that are gutsy, they'd have much more impact because apparently I must be confident enough that they won't retaliate.

Ben

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are exremely fvcking skinny, straight up. No if and buts. Those are womens' measurements - 5'7" and 120 - you might look good in a bikini - j/k! :D I think a 5'7" should weigh at LEAST 140-150 in lean muscle. That's a minimum.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a firm believer in the social matching theory in this regard. The theory is that all things being equal, you will tend to attract a person of comparable physical attractiveness that you yourself posess. What confounds this is that all things are rarely equal (i.e. status, wealth, confidence issues, etc.)

How to spot a rich guy,..

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Abbott
I'm 5'7" and 120 lbs. BMI = 18.8 People have said I'm thin and/or skinny, but I never quite sure if I should believe them.

And no, I've never been interested in being bigger, since I'd feel weird and insecure if I was. After all, I've been the same size for probably 5 years now.

There is one plus...when I say things that are gutsy, they'd have much more impact because apparently I must be confident enough that they won't retaliate.

Ben
Get jacked and you'll answer your own question.

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jakethesnake:
You're not trying to flatter me, are you? :) J/k. About the bikini, I'll pass. I'm not modelesque (if I was, then I might not even need this site). Plus, I'm not one of those cross-dresser types.

MindOverMatter:
I know I probably should, but I've never really bothered. But one of these days I will.

I'm not saying you're wrong, just that for most of my life (not necessarily now) I've never seen the point in it.

And I've never been over 120lbs before, so it'd be kind of weird.

Also, I once had a gym membership, but I never used it so I cancelled it in short order. I'm just afraid that would happen again if I got another one.

LifeForce:
"Jacked?" I'm not familiar. Is that a slang word?

Ben

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Better to be a bit fat than too thin

This is my personal experience.

I've gotten a lot more interest from gals after I've gone form being too skinny to a more built athletic/trim ("cut") shape -- despite being older. Though it's true other things have improved that have no doubt had an effect.

And I do see a larger percentage of guys that have plenty of muscle mass, but a bit of extra fat on them with hot gals than really skinny guys (like under 160 lb at 6'1") with hot gals.

But I've seen some skinny guys with hot gals. Their personality and/or talent can overcome their appearance.

I agree with Rollo, in a general sense. I generally attract "artsy" gals with a similar level of appearance and style.

I've noticed that most of the men who are considered most "hot" within the last decade or so (Brad Pitt, JFK Jr., etc) tend to be about 6'1", 185 lb. Kind of a trim/athletic build. So a skinny guy who bulks up a bit can get a lot of mileage from every pound of muscle mass -- not a big stretch from the least attractive to the most attractive body build.