Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Body Fat

Borgia

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey All

I just got my body fat measured today - i did two tests, the first was holding a machine and that measured 7.4% then he did by pinching my skin and that was 10.2%. I am confused about the big difference and also would like to know what i should strive for - what it really means!

Cheers

David

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you ask me those friggin numbers mean nothing (except if you are overweight maybe). What you should care about is how your body looks.... You can see where you have fat and where you have muscles, go with that :p

Panther

Don Juan
Reaction score
7.4% is rather unrealistic.

10.2% is still very good. You don't seem to have any body fat problems------> BULK UP!! :)

ThePanther

FitnessGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I find body fat serves as a good way to measure how lean I am. I also agree that the mirror works best of course but associating a number with your body fat is always useful.

7.4% is not unrealistic, pre-contest I go down to about 4% bodyfat. When not competing I walk around at about 6-7%.

Ian1983

Don Juan
Reaction score
Last time I checked mine, it was 8, has been 7, although that was on one of those electronic scales at home.
Its not unrealistic, your just fat :p

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with the above. I try to stay away from #'s and focus on how I look.

Body fat %, how much you weigh, how much you lift...Just #'s...

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you have a low enough body fat when you take a picture in the dark and your abs still standout