****blocker gives advanced notice

Miles Davis

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
lol, so today I'm out with my friends hittin some golf balls at the driving range, and we were on the topic of girls we knew. Ends up one of the guys there, an AFC, is having a few people over tonight. I've been eyeing a particular chick for a few days, and decided that tonight I was going to make my move, since she'll be there. Lets call her HB. So, AFC says, "Man, tonight I think I'm going to go after HB." This guy has been out with us before, and all he does is talk about himself, and even puts himself down sometimes (jeez). I've been pretty cool and indifferent, and haven't made a pass at her or anything. At the same time, I'm engaging in conversation with her, but haven't been able to gauge interest level too well.

How do I go about this? I believe in "bros before hos" usually but if there is a Don Juan in the house he's gotta capitalize. What do I do to get him out of the picture?

Starman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
May the Best DJ win..use your DJ skills..he will not get out of the picture

TesuqueRed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So let him make a move. He probably won't. And if he does, he'll probably muff it.

You can make a move. It doesn't have to be obvious to everyone, so it won't be a big deal.

Are you thinking that just because he seemingly called first rights (or "dibs") that you have to stand aside politely? I can guarantee you that SHE will care NOTHING about who called first rights, she'll go for whoever interests her most.

That could be you. Go find out.

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you dont really care about HB, give this guy a useful tip to use on her, and you will be his SamePendo forever. (SamePendo = everybodys king).

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Thats good logic Samependo.

I like to see myself as everyones king. However, in this case id go after her. Screw this guy.

Reaction score
friend's approached girls off limits

what do you guys think about a friend that says any girls he's approached should be off limits to any of his friends indefinately? he claims he's always working on them regardless of how long since last seen and true friends shouldn't cut him off.

sAxyguy83

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It all depends on how interested you are. Unless you've got some serious interest in her, just give your buddy some DJ tips, mayb even set him onto SS. If you do have real interest, then things could get sticky. In that case, let him botch his move on her, then try and get him after another girl so he doesn't think you backstabbed him when he finds out you're banging her.

Miles Davis

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Update

Thanks fellas, it ends up that I got her, and he botched :cool:

I caught her during a spare moment at the party, started an interesting conversation about her beach necklace. I knew she loved the beach, so I spent a good 15 minutes just talking about that with her. Tried out planting some imagery in her mind about sunsets and waves, it really seemed to bring her to a relaxed state with me. The AFC walked by, and said something to get her to come with him. He wasn't obnoxious at all, in fact I thought his approaches were decent, but by this point she was too interested in me so she stayed with me. There was a lot kino (it really is the gas pedal behind this whole process). We were in the kitchen and people were doing shots. Some guys were rootin me on to slam a Three Wise Men, and she said "C'mon, do it" in a flirty way. So I did, I was having a great time and I forgot about her for a little bit and chilled with the guys. Later on, I was talkin with another chick, and she literally dragged me away, and said "where the hell have you been? You disappeared!" It's funny that she was talking with the AFC while she left him to come back to me. I took her outside alone at that time since I knew that this was no time for distractions; she was definitely on to me. I moved in for the kiss, and a great night was to follow!
:)