Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Bling bling - How much would you pay for decent sunglasses?

The_Reaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying sunglasses - I've never owned sunglasses before. What are good brands, how much would you pay?

Would you pick them yourself or generally does someone help you pick them out (eg like in an optimetrests when getting ordinary glasses)?

Since this is related to peacocking, I see it as a relevant question...

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
no more than $80. Id say get some knockoff ones for your first pair, cuz u dont want to lose the $300 ones or step on them so once u get used to keepin em around then cop some expensive ones

Delta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
just get something that protects your eyes 100% from uvs.... you can get effective ones for $15 to $50 that look great.

you end up having to put on/take off sunglasses a lot (unlike corrective vision glasses that end up on your face most of the time)... HIGHLY LIKELY TO BE MISPLACED/CRUSHED.

the more you pay for them, the more likely you are to waste effort obsessing about them.

personally, i would recommend buying sunglasses only so expensive as you can laugh off their loss. in other words, they must be disposable to you.

so if you're a millionaire, by all means buy the $300 guccis. it is as nothing to you.

if you're not, save the $300 for a nice pair of shoes or the nintendo wii and get a cheap, effective pair that look good on you.

peacock in other, less fragile/looseleaf ways like clothing or shoes.... these are not likely to be lost, stolen or damaged beyond repair. sunglasses are waaaaaayyyyyy too likely to suffer from the above fates.

delta

Ratisson

Don Juan
Reaction score
$350 Oakleys. I bought these with my first paycheck for a job i had in the summer. I wear them only to drive and stuff like that. I wont lose a pair of oakleys if u just keep them in yhour car.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Buy what you want for sure,no matter what the price is! You don't want to buy a lesser pair and then keep thinking to yourself, "Man I should have bought (glasses you desired)."

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if you are bad about misplacing and losing them OR scratching em up or breaking them ... buy cheap!

Ace of Flames

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everywhere you want to be.... I'm like a Visa card
What's the difference between $300 shades and $10 shades? The name on the side? Who cares? No one is gonna be reading your shades. Just go buy some kool looking ones for 10 bucks at the checkout at Walmart or something. I did, and people tell me I look hella-kool with them, and asking how much money I spent for such great shades.

Seriously, $300 shades? Wtf people.

KillaCam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly. It's only a label, and something that isn't noticed very often anyway in most cases.

A couple of cents for materials, and a few more for paying those kids their labour wages over in China. Definately doesn't equate to $300!

OzyBoy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I paid $30 for mine and i think they are just as good as a $150 pair. :)

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A hard case is a good investment, even for cheap shades. I bought a pair of fossil sunglasses in puerto rico eight years ago, and I still use the felt-lined metal case that came with them. I don't remember the glasses being that special, but the case was great.

Eccentric

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I got some nice Bolle glasses for $20 at Sports Authority.

BacardiGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a $350 pair of oakleys that I wore for 4 years. I just replaced them the other month with a pair of $350 Revo's.

They're polarized which is nice when driving, reduces the glare and actually blocks sunlight, not just tints what you see.

Anyone with the responsibility level of a junior highschooler shouldn't have a problem holding onto a pair of sunglasses. I find it to be a worthwhile investment. They look nice and work well.

donjuanjovi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
BacardiGuy said:
I had a $350 pair of oakleys that I wore for 4 years. I just replaced them the other month with a pair of $350 Revo's.

They're polarized which is nice when driving, reduces the glare and actually blocks sunlight, not just tints what you see.

Anyone with the responsibility level of a junior highschooler shouldn't have a problem holding onto a pair of sunglasses. I find it to be a worthwhile investment. They look nice and work well.
I agree. Higher quality sunglasses are worth the extra money if it means better protection for your eyes. Bought a pair of oakleys for 190$ with my first pay cheque when I was 15 and still wear them. If you're clumsy and tend to lose/break things than go cheap. But if you don't have a problem taking care of them than I would get a good pair.

You can pick out sunglasses yourself. If you go to a store that sells more expensive glasses like the sunglass hut, than you're going to have to ask the clerk to open the case for you so you can try them on and see what they look like!

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
depends on how much extra money i can make from gambling and coke sales.

Actually scratch gambling, it's all coke sales for useless fashion idems like sunglasses.

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sunglasses are one thing that I always tend to splurge on. My latest are a pair of Versace's which set me back $460. Got another 10 pairs sitting in my room worth roughly the same value (Gucci, Prada, Silhouette, Armani, Versace etc). Depending on how my hair is cut, how the weather is, what i'm wearing, or what mood im in is how I decide which shades to wear.

Scrumtulescence

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
[S]alvatore said:
Sunglasses are one thing that I always tend to splurge on. My latest are a pair of Versace's which set me back $460. Got another 10 pairs sitting in my room worth roughly the same value (Gucci, Prada, Silhouette, Armani, Versace etc). Depending on how my hair is cut, how the weather is, what i'm wearing, or what mood im in is how I decide which shades to wear.
Cool. Do they match your vagina?