Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Bitterness of the Unpopular

Brazilian_Blues_Boy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was intending to post this sooner or later, but after reading the gigantic article linked by Demon, I decided that this is the time.

Whenever you see a thread by people who left highschool, giving advice to the freshmen, you'll always see: " Don't worry much about the people you'll meet, they will all be gone after it's over. "

Or the cliche: " All the jerks and cheerleaders will end working at Wal-Mart, when you're going to make a lot of money working at an IT company ."

I must say, SCREW THAT !

Most of the people comes to Sosuave.com socially inept, specially in the HS forums.
It's people who couldn't throw a party because they don't know enough people to make it cool, or even worse, people he knows wouldn't be willing to go out with him.

So, did you come to the forum to finally become a social and popular being? Or just to find a magic pill to get some pu$sy and then leave?

Let me do some logic here.
We all want pus$y. Women hold the pus$y. The better quality pus$y are held by the better quality women.
The better quality women, are , in pratically all cases, popular.

Or, even if they aren't popular, they have a wide range of men interested in them.

Now, we humans live in a social hierarchy. That's just inevitable.
If you don't want to live with that, go find yourself some anarchist island.

The nerds feed the dream that they'll become successfull, and make a lot of money, and then the pus$y will follow.
Well, I can't say that it is a lie. Because some will. But not many.
Specially because they'll get so caught up in their little "company universe", that they'll get lost in the real, social world.

That's the irony of the article that Demon linked to us. The guys who couldn't find in the High School "universe" eager to fit in the Job "universe" .

I've seen this all around me. Loosers who start to make money, and think that now they are finally going to succeed. But they won't.

Because they don't have social contacts. And they have no past history and experience of successfull socializing.

So, how are they going to make theirselves popular or even social in college, if they couldn't in hs, which is less complex and with minus people.

I wasn't popular on elementary school (From 5th to 8th) and it was f*cking harsh for me to become more social in hs. I fear the idea of having to go through all of this in college.

I know so many things now that are going to make become popular peace of cake now.

If you really don't want to become popular now, you have to accept, and deal with the challenges you're creating for yourself.
And you have to understand that getting pus$y is going to be harder too.

Do not believe the nerd fantasy that things will be "okay" when you go to college, and start working.
You'll make a lot of money, and find "intelligent, smart people" who " can be really trusted.

This is bullsh!t. If you aren't able to become popular at HS, what makes you think that you will in college??

Specially because in college there are thousands of people, the hot chicks are more interested in older, richer guys, and you, little boy with no friends, have no experience in dealing with popular people or even people in general.

All theory is bullsh!t.
All the things you will read in books, magazines, articles and even in my posts are f*cking lies.

The true social structure is out there, and only getting into it will make you able to understand it.

Even the more "outcast", lonely types, know exactly how and when to interact with it because of experience, not because of reading " The Prince" .

I'm sorry. But it's the truth.
If you never wanted to be popular first place, then this is not for you.
You're probably ok with the limitations that you'll face. You know that you'll never have a chance with the ultra-popular cheerleaders.

And you'll never be the guy that everyone knows, that chicks have heard of...

But, if you do want to be popular, then don't feed those bitter nerd dreams.

Work hard, and sweat to become popular. You'll never regret the things and the people you'll learn.

Like I used to say to a quiet, shy friend of mine:

" When are you going to learn to become social and mack all the ladies?
In College?
In College chicks don't give a f*ck about you. Even if they do, how much experience with ladies will you have? None.
Because you spent you f*cking highschool afternoons by yourself"

So, if you want the really hot, popular girls, you'll have to work hard.
You'll create a sensibility to deal with people, lots of different people.

Plus, you'll have contacts.
In this society contacts are everything. 3 years ago I had like, two male friends and that was it.

Nowadays I know a guy who gets me in the biggest club in Latin America (it's in my city), I know relatives from important politicians and I know lots of women.

I worked hard for it. When school is over, I'll still see most of the chicks in the weekends, and my buds as frequently as possible.
When I get into college, probably some people I know will attend the same one that I'll do.

So I won't have to start from scratch. And even if I do, I know how to play the game.

Now, you can hate me, and go print that article and show to your D&D buds or do something about your social life.

I am being harsh, because life isn't a sweet illusion. If I had waited for my brilliant future to happen, I would still be unpopular and unhappy.

While the nerds are dreaming about f*cking the hottest girls in school, they're hanging out with the popular motherf*ckers.

If you don't learn how to become popular by the time you end highschool, I'm sorry, but college life is going to be a lot difficult.

You're only delaying a series of learning experiences, both good and bad ones that you'll eventually have to go through.

So, think about it.

BBB

DarkfalconIV

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
brilliant post. Bible material. Genius. I wish I had this a few years ago. THere was another really long article someone posted you should link them together. It was High School Higharchy. Brilliant anyway. Keep it up

Canadianpimpology

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Brilliant, and all true. I strongly urge for people who aren't popular now to get in shape. It will pay off later in life, and you'll be happier now.

Need-2-B-Pimpin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So damn true, and straight to the point, but what do you mean by work hard towards popularity? As in what would you do that involved working hard and getting more popular?

Superman X

Banned
Reaction score
Goddamn right. This post motivated me to step up my effort to get more popular. Great job BBB.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BBB, you are taking it a little too wide. Yes, most of the guys who came here were not very popular, BUT, i am willing to bet that 80-90% of people here have much better lives and are much more popular now.

I dont know how dumb you have to be to reject all the stuff we teach on this board and still keep it shut in, not taking our advice and going out there.

So, most of the guys here ARE popular, and KNOW how to deal with women in most cases, so this need not apply.

Great article for newer people tho.

Julius_Caesar

Don Juan
Reaction score

Last edited:

BWSL2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You're both right, to your own certain degrees. We should look at both sides of the coin before calling heads or tails.

Bjon

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is good and it made me think about this in a different way. Thanks. This really doesn't apply to me that much, but hopefully a lot of the newbs will read this and learn from it. Good post though.

seloifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I just wonder....

how can you make the claim that College and the "Real Word" will have the same social conditions and same important stress on popularity as High School, when you yourself are still in High School?

kevbo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
this is quite a lot like the changes that occured in my life after 6th grade. at the start of junior high in 7th, i was the nerd who didn't even want to be popular, 'cause i thought becoming popular would mean abandoning my friends. by ninth grade, i had on my own learned a little bit and made many more friends, and i had also gained a little more confidence around women and sociability around anyone. however, i was still too nervous. in 10th grade (this past school year), i was shown here and suddenly found myself becoming a little more widely known. i don't claim to be really popular just yet, but that's what this coming school year is good for, right?

just this summer even i found that i didn't ever really have to invite people to do something, 'cause people were always inviting me to do things. 'course, i still try to throw parties at my place as often as possible, but usually i don't need to.

anyway, great post buddy.

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Need-2-B-Pimpin
So damn true, and straight to the point, but what do you mean by work hard towards popularity? As in what would you do that involved working hard and getting more popular?
I thought this question would come up, i will try and handle it for BBB. By now, you have probably realised that BBB has only talked of the relevance/importance of attaining popularity, all though i do not whole heartedly agree with everything he said i believe it to be a good outlook that has a good handle on all the social heirarchys around the world. Keeping this in mind, it will help motivate you to attain what you so desperately need.

The problem is however that there are way to many variables within every social heirarchy that it is next to impossible to list them all, and even if you could noone would have had the exact same experiences so wouldnt be able to give you good advice.

So in short, you are the best judge of your own situation.

All though knowing this is not necessary, all you need to remember is that popularity(as well as girls) come with selv improvement.

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You know what I love most about this post? The mental image this conjures of the "Hot Topic Punks and Goths" squirming in their Chuck Taylors :D

Great post. This combined with Sammo's short, sweet post, is all you need to know if you want popularity. Becoming more popular was one of the very pleasant side effects of coming to this site and applying the principles and ingraining them into my personality.

Steel Dragon

Don Juan
Reaction score
All this post was for was to bash people who don't shine bright as a spotlight in school. Not everyone can/nor want to be popular. Its what makes the world go around. I make mine by playing rock, but thats my way. You don't like it then get over it because I'm not changing to the comfort of the popular. Popular people don't like us because we can get our own type of attraction socially and they don't like that, they want us to compete against them. Well I got news, I'm not in a competition. School, first and foremost is a place for LEARNING if anything else, thats what I concentrate on the most, but yes I want to have my own friends that maybe someday I will grow old with and share these "Glory Days" stories about school. I'm working on girls, and believe or not, the hot girls I've been around seem to like the my type a bit more then the regular sports hero who has a 1/400 chance of making it pro, and would rather see someone like my friends and I pack 100 people into a roadside bar to play some music for the audience. I know where I'm going with my life, and I'm in control of it. Like it or not....

Also, bash this reply as much as you feel needed so you can look big by defending only ONE side of the story, but this is mine.

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^ Your band is going to go nowhere.

Then what?

Anson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Steel Dragon, I salute you!

I could become popular... but there is one problem: I don't like the music I'd have to listen to and play. I don't like the baggy clothes I'd have to wear. And I don't like the "hot chicks" with wh0re-clothes and no brains.

I know what I said here sounds like an AFC clichee. But to some extent it's true. I've spend time with the popular people and I've come to a crappy conclusion: they are annoying. They are not being themselves. NEVER. They have this mask of popularity that you can't get through. That's why I've never really wanted to make real friends out of them.

So you just speak up, Steel Dragon!! I love it when people are not afraid to be who they are, to show their TRUE feelings instead of always attempting to become popular. That is what a MAN would do!

Also, I would like to state before you start claiming what a terrible AFC and nerd I am; I might not be one of the populars, but I as sure as hell am a DJ. I am not shy, I am not afraid to talk to people, I have a lot of good and trustworthy friends, I am succesful in school, I can get to basically any university I want after my HS ends after this year - and, I am exclusively dating a very hot chick. No, not "hot" as "popular and hot". I'm dating a woman who looks good, wears NORMAL clothes, listens to GOOD music instead of that MTV crap and who actually THINKS with her own brains!

According to Smooth as Anything (and propably according to other people as well) I might not be going anywhere. Well, at least I'm going nowhere as myself! If I have to suck up some azzholes in order to be succesful, then I'd rather fail. Because those azzholes don't deserve my sucking up. I am a MAN for heaven's sakes, I stand for what I believe in - and if I don't think that the man in front of me deserves to be my friend, then he won't become one.

If you evaluate yourself based on how many people likes you or how "popular" you consider yourself to be, then you are just pathetic. Don't evaluate yourself based on how others see you. Being a DJ is about YOU, not other people. Don't be popular, be your-fukking-self!

Steel Dragon, I salute you for saying something a bit differently than the others! Here in the DJ Forums it's usually everyone yelling "I agree I agree" to one another just to prove that they are DJ's. For some reason I've gotten the feeling that people here are more fake than in anywhere else - despite the fact that in here people are taught to be who they want to be, to be who they truly are!

Maybe we musicians think differently ;)

Just out of curiosity, what kind of rock music do you play?

Reaction score
I play Pantera!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, you have to be harsh or at least realistic with this type of sh*t, the best advice is the one that is straight and to the point, no bullsh*t, no whip topping or sh*t about light at the end of the tunnel no matter what.

I learned that back in 8th grade, and so I decided to join the football team(I needed something to do besides go to sleep and blow up mailboxes) and over the summer workouts I gained some popular friends, well actually I became good acquaintances with all the popular guys on the team and from then on everything has gone uphill socially for me.

I go to parties, but not the ones held by the cool kids. I won't go to those until I'm driving, and I know most of the cheerleaders in my grade, and found out most of them are stupid as sh*t and I'm a power hungry bastard so I like to command them and sh*t. I don't see what's so great about cheerleaders anyways, except for looks. Other than that It's just a lay, most aren't worthy of my valuable time, BUT I'm not exactly a jerk ******* like other guys who don't get the true picture. You should sort of try to bring everyone around you up, rather than putting them down.

My popularity has been skyrocketing especially this year, simply by trying to bring everyone around me up my level of...confidence or whatever it is. And plus I'm a big joker and I like to get somewhat loud in good taste so it helps to get myself known.

Anyways, Brazil's post is one that should be read by ALL HS,and COLLEGE students on this board, and as well as those who are newbies..ESPECIALLY THEM.

Overall, expand you f*cking horizons, just because you don't like the way this person dresses or whatever, doesn't mean you should completely shun the guy/gal(s). You never know what you will find.

oreo_renegade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting arguements on both sides lead me to ask this question:

What is "popularity?"

To me, being popular is having your name known. This doesn't necessarily work in your advantage, nor in your disadvantage.

When I think of popular kids, I think of blonde cheerleaders and their rich AFC b/f's standing in a big circle talking how "Omg I cant believe Jessica wore those shoes!"

Then, there are also the "popular kids" who aren't exactly blonde cheerleader/jocks, but are the *party* kids.

They stand around in a similar fashion and talk about "hey!!! Jessica got so loaded last night, we were walking over to puke, and then she passed out, I had to roll her on the side cuz she just kept vomitting!!!! HAHAHA Hell yeah, that party was a blast!"

Personally, I think puking out your guts because your body is trying to prevent alcohol poisining doesnt sound like fun. I myself couldn't care less what brand of shoe jessica wears either.

To me, popularity is when people know your name.

There are certain girls who are "known" for being slutty. They are "popular," but I doubt its a social plus. There are geeks who are known for being smart, sure they are "popular," but is it a beneficial popularity?

In middle school I was popular, I didn't realize it at the time, but hell yeah everyone knew me, and I was always trying to be initiated into the "inner clique" of the social status ladder.

I had no idea about this, I was a total AFC and hadn't the slightest hint that I was popular. All I knew was that I had NO "friends" to hang out with.

I was miserable. My personal reality couldnt give a fuuck as to how everyone else viewed me, in my mind I didnt have any friends, and I was a loser.

In HighSchool I became popular without even knowing it. I was just a completely different person, I was happy, I was pleasant, and to everyone around me I gave off this aura.

I became popular, and it didn't hit me until strangers started talking to me, saying hey, and I had never given them my name, or even met them before.

I was being recognized by STRANGERS, I felt like a fuucking movie star.

Why did I become popular? I was just myself.

I didn't run up to the airheaded morons and chat it up with them about shoes, I didnt go out there and ruin my liver in 2hrs with the burnouts.

All I did was be a MAN, and that in itself attracted attention.

Because think about it, nobody is themselves anymore, everyone is running around trying to hide behind a social mask. When you walk around without a mask, revealing your character with confidance, that is when you are positively popular.

And when you are positively popular, you couldn't give a fuuck as to what "everyone" thinks of you.

---------------------------------

Side-note example of subconcious popularity.

I was walking in the mall with this one prep-popular chick from my old school, and she asks me "Why are those girls staring at you?"

I turn around, and there is like 4-5 blonde HB's just staring at me. I look in their direction while walking and their eyes keep following me.

I had NO idea who these people were, neither did I care, i gave them a smile :) and then waved at them, then looked away and kept walking.

As I was walking away I heard gigles and "hehe, who was that guy, do you know him!?"

The chick I was with asked me "You know them?" i replied "Nope" and she asks "why'd you wave at them!?"

I thought to myself "why not?"

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's all a matter of interests, and your still hiding behind a social mask (to the point where you probably don't care).

Is it better to be yourself or to be who everyone wants you to be? It's not a new question guys... Everyone asks themselves this at one point or another.

Do I stay at home and play guitar or do I go to Sally's party?

I love playing guitar, but if I don't go to this party, I'll probably not be thought of as cool..

What is in my best interests?

If someone can come here and give us all the answer, that'd be great... but it won't happen.

When you get to something like this it's a matter of preference. I can't tell you to just go to the party and have fun.

Who's to say you won't growup and lead an amazing band and be happy for the rest of your life?

Who's to say you'll be a failure, and you should have just put that damn thing down and wentout and had a blast?

Certainly not I, because I do not know.

Do what comes naturally. Do what you like and let your heart be your guide.

Personally, I hate popular/ditzy/prep girls and guys. I can't stand them.

I don't know myself, so I can't tell you.

Jimbo2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by oreo_renegade
In middle school I was popular, I didn't realize it at the time, but hell yeah everyone knew me, and I was always trying to be initiated into the "inner clique" of the social status ladder.

I had no idea about this, I was a total AFC and hadn't the slightest hint that I was popular. All I knew was that I had NO "friends" to hang out with.

I was miserable. My personal reality couldnt give a fuuck as to how everyone else viewed me, in my mind I didnt have any friends, and I was a loser.

In HighSchool I became popular without even knowing it. I was just a completely different person, I was happy, I was pleasant, and to everyone around me I gave off this aura.

I became popular, and it didn't hit me until strangers started talking to me, saying hey, and I had never given them my name, or even met them before.
So in highschool did you get "friends" to hang out with? If so, when and how?