Bill Gates is awesome

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if there is 1 thing this guy has done..its BREAK THER MARKET.

Its obvious he isnt in the Video game market for just the money.....

they rushed XBOX360..with technology that should cost a fortune..

retailing at 399.99

if u put the same Hardware in a PC

it would run well over a 1K.

I heard gates sucks at halo 2 though

djbr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yea he is. fvck what those computer hippies say, he rule. :woo:

the guy kicks ass in makin' easy to use software. -- at least I don't have to spend like a year teaching my mom how to use fvckin' linux! hehe

Mandiblard

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's obvious he isn't in the videogame market for money at ALL considering they have lost around 4 billion dollars with the Xbox. The only way he could get into the industry was to buy developers and advertising left and right.

Microsoft don't know the videogame market at all, their stubborness is going to hurt them in the long run. It's like they saw the videogame industry booming and just dived right in without doing any research. Xbox is NEVER going to turn a profit, especially considering each system is sold at a loss because all they did was chuck in a few expensive PC parts and didn't streamline or customise anything. They just can not compete with Nintendo and Sony, in both a business perspective and a gamers perspective.

I had respect for Microsoft until they released the Xbox.

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's obvious he isn't in the videogame market for money at ALL considering they have lost around 4 billion dollars with the Xbox. The only way he could get into the industry was to buy developers and advertising left and right.

Microsoft don't know the videogame market at all, their stubborness is going to hurt them in the long run. It's like they saw the videogame industry booming and just dived right in without doing any research. Xbox is NEVER going to turn a profit, especially considering each system is sold at a loss because all they did was chuck in a few expensive PC parts and didn't streamline or customise anything. They just can not compete with Nintendo and Sony, in both a business perspective and a gamers perspective.

I had respect for Microsoft until they released the Xbox.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

why does it matter if they make a profit?

Gates wanted to do this.

I play halo 2, if it wasnt for Bill Gates..such an amazing competitive game wouldnt be possible.

also if it wasnt for gates.....Sony wouldnt of ever pushed the hardware in the P3 like they have to now.

Gates forced Sonys hand to put out a product they are having massive issues in doing.

and dont be so sure Xbox cant make a profit...they make you pay 60 bucks a game.

60 bucks a yr for x box live..not to mention Xbox accessories.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
best CEO in history.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Microsoft products are sh!t, but they're easy to use.

Since I have a life (unlike those nerd hippies) and I dont have time to get a PhD in Computer Engineering, I'll stick with MS.

djbr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diplomatic_lies
Why? If they were shyt people would make something better. Everyone complains it is unstable (me included) but if, for example, Linux were better everyone would be using it -- and happily doing so!

Since I have a life (unlike those nerd hippies) and I dont have time to get a PhD in Computer Engineering, I'll stick with MS.
Props to the nerds in computer engineering. They make our world go around. And they make a fat buck here in Brazil :)

But I'm on your team. I was a computer nerd, now I got other things to do. Not better, only different. To each his own :)

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by djbr
Props to the nerds in computer engineering. They make our world go around. And they make a fat buck here in Brazil :)
"And the Geeks shall inherit the Earth..." :up:

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Unix, espically like Lindows, is extremely easy to use.

the only difference in Lindows, which I am on now, is that you have to load the stuff that comes automatically on windows, and you have to actually manually load most drivers, which I do anyway

I hate windows. It takes up too much memory and it doesn't work like a real operating system is supposed to work.
I've never seen something with so many damn security flaws, loopholes be considered a good product.. well.. besides SUV's

95% of all websites are ran on non windows Servers.. at least last time I checked which was about a year ago

Windows Server= open invatation saying "hack me, i'm open"

Did you know that all windows, I forgot which version, I think it may be even XP, came with a file preloaded on it where the FBI can automatically link to your PC without you knowing? It may be ME, but I am pretty sure it was either 2000 Pro or XP, but it was definatly one

As far as CEO.. bill gates isn't a great CEO.. as a matter of fact he hasn't been the real CEO for Microsoft for at least 15 years.. The CEO, the person who runst he company, is actually Steve Ballmier (SP?). He runs and does a damn good job of the day to day operations, making sure budgets are met, you know.. CEO stuff.

Bill Gates is a very very very good innovator. That what he does best. He has a nack of looking forward to the future and planning and banking on what people want/need

He even named himself the co Chairman and the "Cheif Creative Officer" of Microsoft, which is his offical title
\

I can tell you who I think is the worst CEO in the country? Bill Ford, the CEO for Ford Moter Co... if it wasn't for his bloodline, he wouldn't sniff the Executive office.

His cars suck, they break down, they aren't creative, and most damaging, 3k of each car sold goes towards heath care/Pention plans.. that's out of control.

Because of his lack of leadership, they had to lay off 20k employees recently.

On the other hand, look at say.. Honda, who is coming out with a car that literarly drives itself in march.

I don't see anyone matching what William D. Rockafeller did. If you compared, with inflation, what he was worth to what Bill Gates is now, WDR would be like 10 times more richer than he is. He owned everything.. his company was literarly the backbone of the country (steel),

I would say the CEO for Southwest Airlines, I forgot his name, I am usually good with stuff like that though, is a hell of a CEO

25 years straight and not one fiscial quarter without loosing money.

Not one.

They know what they do, and they stick to it. Short flights. They don't get fancy,t hey are dirt cheap and they are the safest in the industry.

They don't venture into things they aren't known to do (international flights), they have the shortest turnaround time in the industry because he realized a long time ago that you make money while you are flying, not on the ground, and they get about 30 more flights in per month than the nearest airline, with more people on board mind you.

If I was going to say... Phoneix from little rock, it's literarly shorter and cheaper to go from LR to Houston to Phoneix than it is to go from LR to phoneix on say... Delta Airlines... Southwest is dirt cheap