big date out of nowhere - pressure

eko

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey... haven't been here in a long time. Long story short... I improved a lot esp when it comes to women and just people and attitude in general. been working out and eating hardcore for a year, gained 30 lbs, lots of lean mass thus i kinda stopped reading here.

anyway, there is this one girl i met at school, i always kinda liked her, we were aquaintences, sat by her in class... then second semester i message her after not seeing her/hearing a word from her for a few months in hopes of rekindling something, and rekindle I did...BAM she invites me to a formal....I literally haven't even talked to her or seen her in a long time and now we're going on this big date all night as a couple. forced much? it's the night i get back from vacation, too. I haven't felt like this in a long time, but with these forced situations the pressure is onnnnn. how do u guys deal w stuff like this it's a little nerve racking, I've been thinking about it all week. trying hard not to put her on a pedastal, because I've noticed if you go out and your expectations are to hook up or whatever, usually it doesn't happen. If I just let it flow and have a good time, it doesn't matter if I hook up or not. ya know? pointless thread i know but im bored as hell so tell me how u guys deal with pressure. im not freakin out but im a little nervous. i think i will hook up with her because i'm already in the door but i dont want that to cramp my style haha

Should I buy her drinks or what? Give me some suggestions about which ones because I never have mixed drinks. what's a good mixed drink for dudes and one for girls... and some cool ones. Or should I just go with tried and true beer

Bussey

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well your post in itself shows how scrambled you are right now LOL... you're all over the place...

1. Remember kino. Formal means you'll be close, so you should have no issues with that.

2. Chill. Let the night roll. Who cares if you get laid? Who cares if its the worst date ever? Just remember the basics and enjoy yourself and everything else will come naturally. Being high strung and tensed up will hurt you more then anything.

3. Drinks. I don't suggest you buy her all her drinks.. one maybe two. Make sure she springs for a drink to. One of the greatest things I do, is play a few fun games with her.. ****, Marry, Kill is alway fun... then if YOU think you can handle it, challenge her to see if she can get some loser guys to buy her and you a drink.. make it fun! That's the key.

4. Drink Suggestions.
Chances are they won't happen, but I enjoy ordering it - Sloe Gin Fizz.
Shots of Vodka are always good... Lemon Drops (girls love these.. its just Vodka, Lemoned sugar and a lemon wedge.)
I love Gin + Tonic and Vodka + Lime.

If you're feeling flirty/sexual tension is high... rename a shot..
Here's how I lead it...

Me: Hey lets do a Bussey Shot!
Her: What's a Bussey Shot?
Me: You put it down your throat and swallow. (Insert sly smile)

Not for the faint of heart... but in the right context/situation it's been gold.

Last alcohol suggestion... drink what you like. Who cares what people think. I drink what puts me in a good mood and don't care what others think. (Shmirnoff Ices can be very refreshing if it been a long day haha).

Damian

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Go out to have fun. No pressure, no hooking up. Go out to have a good time.

If you keep this premise in mind, you will be confident in your interactions. And as such, you'll make a great impression, maybe even make a few new friends.

If you don't work well under pressure, remove it. Focus on getting to know this girl and having a good times. If things escalate, let them escalate. But always remember to make it a good experience.

I don't think you need to worry about anything. If this girl invited you to a formal, there's a rather big IOI right there. Keep your cool, have a good time, and you will be perfectly fine.