Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Best ways to get a chicks number

Todd_Ingram

Reaction score
So there are allot of lines you can use and while it seems mundane and unimportant, how you say it is a big deal I think. For example "Can I have your number?" Is seriously the worst ****in thing you can say because you are asking her damn permission for her number basically, like a kid begging for a cookie. I go with the more ambiguous " So you gotta phone number?" This is effective as you don't actually ask for her number, so if she gives it to you, really she is going out of her way to do it. However there is always the risk of just a flat "yeah" which can cause you to have to ask, "what is it". Anyhoo you guys have any K.O.s I could use? I'm not asking how to get a girl's number, that can't be taught, I just am looking for some good phrases for my finisher.

Jack-Torrance

Don Juan
Reaction score
Girls give out their numbers to just about anybody nowadays.

It's actually far better to get her MSN address. You can actually think of the best things to say, instead of missing out on a chance to say something and then later thinking "oh **** why didn't I say that!"

leealden06

Reaction score
With strong competition out there in the arena of dating is almost impossible to get girls to give your phone number easily.Many guys who want to meet a girl often difficult to get the cell phone number if you confidence.When call a girl for the first time after getting her number, she expects you ask out on a day like any other guys who hit it.

Don Wha

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jack-Torrance said:
Girls give out their numbers to just about anybody nowadays.
I agree with Jack. Getting girls' numbers is easy. What I usually do after talking them up a bit is just tell them you gotta run. Pull out your phone, hand it to them and tell them to punch their number in. Works most of the time for me.

Don Wha in the making.

Yahooey

Don Juan
Reaction score
Back to the OP's question :)

The short answer is to tell her, politely, to give you her number. e.g. let's continue this, give me your number and we can work out when.

A search for Number Close should give you plenty of other (better worded) examples.

freshprince

Don Juan
Reaction score
I do something like Donwa said, when i am in a conversation and feel i said enough and want to end it, i make up a good excuse that i have to leave and then ask politely that i would like to finish the conversation some other time if u got a phone number, so i can call.........
Your right to me though when u say " can i" it sounds too direct and demanding and yes getting chicks numbers are pretty easy whether or not they are attracted to u

freshprince

Don Juan
Reaction score
I liked your 1st one better hopi. I am going to use that for myself.

SoldMySoul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The absolute best way: JERK the phone out of her hand or purse. Then call your cell phone and bam!!! You got a number you can count on being hers..

Okay, I am kidding.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just tonight I got a chick's #, she's 23 5'10" blonde thin, by offering to set her up with a guy friend of mine. This friend of mine just moved here from Texas for a job and doesn't know anybody, I built him up to her, he Really is a cool good-looking (no homo) guy, albeit inexperienced and young, but she gave me her REAL #, I told her it was fake and that she should change her name now, because she's gonna get a bad rep from me, and she proved to me it was real. So, I'll pass it along to my friend, who may or may not call her or may not "click" with her. That's where my cue is, that's where I move in...

JCballin88

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been keeping it pretty casual with my latest #-closes. Usually as we're getting ready to part ways I'll just hand them my phone and say something like "Hey so why don't you just pop your number in there, and I'll hit you up sometime and you can tell me more about (insert prior fluff convo topic here)." Definitely been working really well so far.

Boxer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Stuff along this line is what I'm most confident using.

"Hey I have to go now. Put your number in my phone and we can continue this conversation an other day."

yuppaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Too much emphasis on a number, not enough emphasis on the interaction itself and asking for the date. You should be having fun, digging each other and ask her to a specific place at a specific time, THEN tell her that it'll be fun & put your number in my phone just in case (also a DHV, in case you need to cancel). THEN hang out for a while longer with her to solidify the close. The number is not the goal, the meetup is. Numbers don't pan out well for their own sake, plans do!

loveshogun

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Be awesome

No offense, but what the hell is this topic? A Cosmo article?

"101 Ways to get phone numbers!"

Really?

"What's your number?" or "Give me your number." Avoid sounding like a sniveling pu$$y, or a date-rapist. You know what these people sounds like. It's literally impossible to f*ck up if all you're worried about is asking for a number.

There, question answered. No need to analyze. And really, if the girl you're asking decides to think hard and deep about the wording of your request before she obliges/declines, then 1) she doesn't want to really get back in touch regardless of what she says, and 2) you don't WANT her number, trust me.

Agreeing with the last two posts here, because I love group think. Sarcasm aside, one's game is the real issue here.

The real issue is that there is only one way to get a number:

Be awesome.

Very simple - that's why it's so difficult. When things are simple, there are no excuses.

Anyway, if you want practical advice, get to know the guy in the room who's funnier, more magnetic, and more adventurous than everyone else in the room. You know, the guy you're jealous of because you're fully aware that he's getting laid a lot. Don't torpedo these people - befriend them.

Ask him what he does, and how he got there. Do you do those things? Not yet, but if you do, you'll eventually be more awesome. And you'll get a lot more than numbers. But, once again, try not to sound like a sniveling pu$$y/date-rapist when asking for advice. DJ forums will sort you out.

Protip: Asking for a girl's number is NOT what will get her interested in you.

Don't even get me started on the kind of guy who asks a girl "Will you be my girlfriend?"

Happy hunting, all.

The Experience

Don Juan
Reaction score
Or don't even ask for her number at all, instead ask 'can you right your number down here' or something similar since this is just off the top of my head.

Alchemystic

Banned
Reaction score
Didn't the "Mystery Method teach to go for a date instead of a number?
You probably haven't read the Mystery Method hah? Am I right?

Getting for a number is an AFC move now a days.
Even going for a date is considered AFC.
The latest development is sex on the spot or to wherever you possibly might be able to have sex immediately.

jax871

Don Juan
Reaction score
bahahahahahaha!

Wow, so if i get a girls number i am AFC? I would hate for people on the internet to consider me AFC because i get a girls number, take her on a date (yes i said date), and **** the **** of her? If that makes me AFC then yeah im AFC.

Some girls hand out their number because they like the attention of blowing off guys, attention from guys to them is like sex is to us. How you ask for her number makes no difference to how interested she is in you.

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually, I've never been denied a number even once. The problem is rather that afterwards, when you call them some days later, suddenly they're "busy" etc blah blah. I only go for the number if I'm getting a good vibe, and so it went really well every time. But when I call her it's like all the attraction is evaporated and they're not interested anymore. Sometimes. Humph.

Back to the thread! I like to say, before leaving: "Oh hey just type your number in here." Pull out the cellphone and make it so she really just has to type the number. If you say it casually, then it's no big deal. If you make a big deal out of it, then her warning lights might go off ;)

Anyway if she's asking "why?" then well, you can be honest: "because I'm gonna call you". Or, more casual, "we should meet up sometime" or hang out or whatever. Really, she knows what you want anyway so don't try to hide it.

If she continues asking "whyyyy??? *smile*" then she's playing the game and you have to power through. "Come on, your number, in here." or start typing the first digits, and she will fill out the rest. (but she probably has low interest and wants to play games!)

Or, well if she says flat out no, then you never had a chance anyway.

Szyzzlin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Poonani Maker said:
Just tonight I got a chick's #, she's 23 5'10" blonde thin, by offering to set her up with a guy friend of mine. This friend of mine just moved here from Texas for a job and doesn't know anybody, I built him up to her, he Really is a cool good-looking (no homo) guy, albeit inexperienced and young, but she gave me her REAL #, I told her it was fake and that she should change her name now, because she's gonna get a bad rep from me, and she proved to me it was real. So, I'll pass it along to my friend, who may or may not call her or may not "click" with her. That's where my cue is, that's where I move in...
Bud... don't u understand whats going on??? The chick gave u her number so YOU will call her!!!

Don't give it to your friend. Send her a few funny text msgs and take her out!!! Don't be a f-in retard!