Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Best way to protect yourself before a marriage?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you not only can't stipulate "matrimonial home" ownership in a pre-nup, nor can you contractually prohibit either spouse from having affairs......

So, in other words, a guy can buy or inherit a home, get married, the women can cheat on him, is automatically entitled to half the value of the home even though he owned it before the marriage, and there is NO LEGAL WAY he can protect himself from this?

The way to protect the home (in the US anyway) is the same as if it were any other asset. She can't get it if you don't own it any more. You make a trust or llc to own your assets for you, set that trust/llc aside in the prenup, and then never ever let you wife have any access at all to those assets. She might live in the house, but if she is kept separate from the finances of the house and her name isn't on anything, it can be done. All of that has to be done before marriage; you can't move assets around right before a divorce and expect it to work.

Getting something like that to stick in a prenup is not going to be a sure thing; it helps a lot if the prenup you draft has a generous, but temporary :), alimony provision that you must pay to her upon divorce. $10k in alimony can save you a million bucks in claims against your assets. A good prenup will show to the judge that you are not throwing your wife out into the cold, where she might soon become a financial burden to the state.

As for income during marriage, if it's within a business that only you control and that wealth is owned by the company and not you personally, some wealth can be kept from a spouse. But as soon as you touch something in a personal capacity, it's half hers. And the more wealth that you are trying to get away with keeping from your ex-wife, the more generous her alimony needs to be if you want the prenup to have any chance of not being thrown out by the judge.

I think Canada is setting itself up for some wacky court cases in the future. Since they have gay marriage, why wouldn't the cohabitation=marriage rule apply to two guys? If your roommate just won millions in the lottery, half of that money would be yours if you could convince everyone that the two of you were more than just roommates :eek:

Don_Dom

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks, Bible Belt. I'm finding myself super intrigued by this stuff.....Like go to law school to take up the fight intrigued. Any of you guys know if matrimonial attorneys do okay these days? I've been interetsted in IP law for sometime and have considered going back to school to pursue that, but this might be more my speed.

Interesting shielding property behind a trust, but why the duece can't a contract just be a contract and be done with it? I'm sorry, but simply requiring a prenup as a condition of marriage is no more cooercive than anything else.

So sick of women constantly playing the victim card. You are either adults capable of making rational and legally binding adult decisions or you are not. Make up your minds, already.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They are just about to change law school from three to two years, or at least that is what the most recent ABA conference recommended. New applications are at a 35-year low. The job market is atrocious. They are also talking about making a "law tech" position that is between paralegal and attorney.

Lawyers who practice family law do so because they can't get better work. There's just not much money in it, because most people are too poor to pay very much. A family law court room reminds me of the DMV. It's not exactly a classy place.

IP law is a completely different ball game. It pays a huge amount of money, which is why it's so competitive. The big money is in patent law, but you need a legit science or engineering degree for your undergrad, AND you still have to get into law school, 50% of which is an undergrad GPA competition with political science majors like me. I had a lot of undergrad courses that required almost no work at all to get an A, but I probably couldn't pass a calculus class to save my life. There is no math or science at law school. One of the other kids who got bad grades like me had just graduated with a dual degree in physics and nuclear engineering. He had wanted to do IP law, too, but you have to excel in two very different environments, which is part of what makes it so difficult.

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don_Dom said:
I read that pdf.....Canadian law is absolutely twisted. If i understand that right, you not only can't stipulate "matrimonial home" ownership in a pre-nup, nor can you contracturally prohibit either spouse from having affairs......

So, in other words, a guy can buy or inherit a home, get married, the women can cheat on him, is automatically entitled to half the value of the home even though he owned it before the marriage, and there is NO LEGAL WAY he can protect himself from this?

I also love how, in Ontario, you are legally someone's spouse after sharing a home for 3 months, sexual/romantic relationship or not.

I can't imagine its much better here, but if I lived up there I would consider a vasectamy even as a single guy, and I would avoid living with a woman much less marry one. And if any women *****ed about it I would hand them a copy of that pdf and say "youve priced yourself out of business."
the story does not end there , did you read economical abuse part , if you didnt give money to your wife to waist it on shopping silly stuff then you are abusing her economically .

You make a trust or llc to own your assets for you
the company still under your name and she will take half of the asset of company . the thing is family law in Canada make sure there is no back doors for the man to sneeze from these bad laws .
soon they will say if you dated a woman for more than 3 dates she is entitled to spouse support .
Canada has a big problem of welfare, most of women I dated are on welfare and pretend they work , and some of them claim they have their own business .

Down Low

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Absolutely must always keep all assets (1) abroad, (2) undisclosed to anyone, and (3) rent/lease everything in your home country.

evan12 said:
Canada has a big problem of welfare, most of women I dated are on welfare and pretend they work , and some of them claim they have their own business.
That one's just too easy.

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Down Low said:
That one's just too easy.
the problem is not the girls on welfare , but because of the large number of people are on welfare , the government try to shift it to the men .

twentee

Banned
Reaction score
when you give up your guns, (as nearly all the world has done, the fools,) EXPECT EVERYONE to fvck you, gov't will be the FIRST in line, count on it.

HeadLightsOn

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Don_Dom said:
I also love how, in Ontario, you are legally someone's spouse after sharing a home for 3 months, sexual/romantic relationship or not.
Are you KIDDING me? Three lousy months? Are you sure that sharing home part applies if there is NO intimate contact/intention (even if there is 3 months is plain stupid).

If that is the case, Id consider moving to Ontario, targeting a rich b1tch, and moving in.

Works both ways I assume

Don_Dom

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
To be clear, apparently there is a distinction between married and unmarried spouses....and the marital residence thing I was talking about before only applies to married spouses. But being an unmarried spouse impacts other things.

But yeah...3 months under the same roof and you become unmarried spouses. Check out that pdf. It's a riot.

And it would be naive to think this kind of thing isn't coming here. Just this week it became known that under obamacare taxation and benefits will be heavily skewed depending on specific income brackets....if you get a benefit and then later that year get a better job, you could be liable to pay back some of what was covered in your earlier covered procedure or whatever. This law is as much about getting at your money as it is about covering your health care. Arguably more. Marital status always gets factored in with these things, so its not much of a leap to imagine that eventually this type of unmarried spousal status will be regulated in, if it hasn't already. Then that will set a precident. And that will be used as a basis for the next thing and on and on it goes. And in the end, our entire social apparatus will have been hijacked and changed by a law that no one read and was passed on a rules technicality.

Go read that pdf. The unmarried spouse status is there specificly to recategorize people for the purpose of social beneifits and pension allocation. It's just nuts. Honestly, given all the rest of it, someone hijacking half of your home out from under you might be the least of your worries.

YawataNoKami

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Prenups are useless....... women crying .......bla,bla,bla.
Domestic asset protection trusts (DAPTs) are trusts that protect assets from creditors, which include by definition a future spouse. Additionally, a DAPT allows the settlor to name him or herself as a potential beneficiary—hence the name “self-settled” trusts. Beyond its utility as an estate planning device, asset protection trusts are effective against a settlor’s future spouse and other creditors provided the trust settlement does not violate applicable fraudulent transfer law. Furthermore, in establishing a domestic asset protection trust, there is no requirement that the settlor of the trust disclose his plans to create a DAPT or the assets with which he will fund the trust. This technique is very appealing to many individuals who, although would like to protect their assets from their future spouse or the widely unpredictable discretion of a judge, would like to do so quietly and without any hassle.

twentee

Banned
Reaction score
anybody can make that kind of money, starting with the money that the gov't will lend you, for going to college half time. Or the money that you can save by being in the miitary for 3-4 years. It's just a question of knowing how to invest it properly and how to re-invest the money that your investment makes for you. After you get your first piece of property,. assuming that you also work, you can have another such property in a year, the next year, 2 of them, the next year, 4 of them, and so on, with each house making you at least a clear 20k a year, if you know what you are doing, starting with 20k. There's a way to pay very little in the way of taxes on such income, too. As in 3%, not 30%

visions

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@reyaj since you had a date a a few days ago, we take it you didn't get married. you mind filling us in on the details?

techno1

Reaction score
options

1.) don't get married

OR

2.) buy a gun and use it on yourself

3.) see option 1

techno1

Reaction score
women play a slow game to get what they want...

sure she's a good girl when she want something

she's a horny slut to impress in bed if she needs to be

women are like donkeys... they will pull hard if there is a carrot....

marriage leaves the man chasing the carrot....