Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

best way to deal with depression

flippinfreak

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of the time depression can be solved through good habits.

Not good habits of others, but by yourself.

Most people will lie, and say the depression makes them weak, so they screw up on the baits, but it is only an excuse. A horrible self destructive one at that.

Go off and get to the gym, surround yourself with people, and force laughter out of yourself, than explain everything with a joke. Your going to get bad reactions, painful to your psyche, but the pain is only weakness leaving your body.

You have to be persistent, veracious, adamant, and resilient to work on yourself. Without working on yourself, but waiting for other people to give you inspirational stories, and whatever medications to help you out, than you will become dependant, and the dependance won't do anything except prolong your depression.

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
exercise has been proven to be a great thing to help with depression.

I'm also all for better living through modern medicine.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everyone goes through some depression in their life, especially as a teenager. It's normal.

I am anti anti-depressant. http://www.prozactruth.org/

fwiw, if you use pot for medicinal purposes, it works better with quality pot. But then it gets to be an expensive habit, so you have to strike a balance. Pot is not the answer, but it may make your life a little happier while you are searching for that answer.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exercise would be good for you. Anything that keeps you active will be good for you. Fvck all anti-depressants cause they only fvck you up. Pot wont help, itll only decrease youre levels of dopamine...which is pretty much the last thing you need. Read affirmations and inspirational quotes so you feel uplifted. Change the way you think. Youre negative thoughts are the downfall of your mindset. Think positively and youll notice a difference.

daSoCalpimp

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm no doctor but I will give you a short little summary of what I know through my various studies and experience.

-Depression and other mental illnesses originate due to a chemical imbalance.

-This chemical imbalance is caused by a stress

-This stress can be mental or physical stress or both, LET ME REITERATE this stress can be mental of physical or both.

-When is say the word stress I don't mean the kind like your stressed from work, I mean anything that can affect your mental thinking or physical function. This part seems ambiguous but bear with me.

-If its a physical stress problem like your body doesn't have a good chemical balance then I don't know much about this particular area, you might want to do research.

-If its a mental aspect that is affecting you then you'll have a much easier way of fixing this. So here is some ruminations on this.

-Something is affecting your thinking and this is causing you to be stressed mentally and therefore a chemical imbalance.

***First I will note that you mentioned these three thing

psychiatry?
anti-depressents?
weed?

What these three things do is mask the stress, they don't attack the stress and take it out of your life.

Psychiatry - you talk and talk but the thing that is causing the stress is there and its not going away.

Anti-Depressants- They fix your chemical imbalance, so you don't feel depressed but, the stress that caused the initial depression is still there, once you get off the Anti-Depressants.

Weed- Its just masks your depression for a while and it comes back.

-This is just like medicine, if you have a pain in your knee you take a tylenol or other prescriptions, but after 6 hours the medication wears away and the pain is back.

Let me give you an example, I had tennis elbow, it hurt doctors said to take advil, tylenol, ice, cortisone shot, I was very skeptical.

Instead I started researching, tennis elbow is caused by micro tears to the muscles and they happen beacuse of stress to the muscle.

By taking advil, tylenol, ice, cortisone shots the micro tears are still there, its just the pain (depression) that goes away.

Instead I started to heal my self by nurturing my elbow, I started intense flexibility and stretching exercizes, strength training the various muscles of the arm, using chinese herbs that were known to increase blood flow for healing, supplements for the muscle, ligaments, and tendons.

My tennis elbow went, my elbow and arm are stronger and I have no more pain because there is no more cause to the pain.

POINTS That I want to point out

-NURTURE your mental self, don’t just mask the depression. A suggestion is to take a vacation, clear your head and see where a possible mental stress is coming from, and then try to resolve it, or take it out of your life, or better yet do what I do, DON’T GIVE A FVCK about it, nothing should be so worrisome and stressfull as for you to put your focus on it and let it affect your mental well being.

********-THE MENTAL STRESS CAN BE CAUSED BY A BAD PERCEPTION, IMO THIS IS THE MOST UNDER DIAGNOSED REASON FOR MENTAL STRESS ***********

MANY PEOPLE ON THIS SITE HAD A BAD PERCEPTION OF WOMEN (AFC) BUT HAVE CHANGED THEIR PERCEPTION TO DJ’S

Ex. One-itis because you think that this one girl is the ONE, well after you realize that she isn’t and see the spinning plates theory you will not get one-itis and you will get power back over yourself.

***I don’t know how religious you are but reading a Bible my help.

-DaSoCalPimp

Locster

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice. What I need to do is force myself into social situations to get fun back into my life. I dont care what I have to do, I need to get this problem fixed before I go to college in the fall.