Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Best Supplements / NO BS

Reaction score
A healthy and clean diet is essential to gaining mass and strength, if you don't have a good diet then don't waste your money on supplements. Supplements are suppose to aid your diet and workouts. I just wanted to make a thread dedicated to supplements. Please recommend any suppplements you took and it's benefits.

From personal experiance I would recommend...

- Whey Protein / Really good protein source.

I heard that NoExplode was good creatine supplement, can I get a actual testimonial?

She makes you weak in the knees.

But she won't give you the time of day.

Here is how to get her.

donjuanjovi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
- Whey protein isolate

- Creatine monohydrate (the only creatine that seems to work for me, also the cheapest)

- Energized Expand -Dymatize's version of NO-Xplode, great for a pre-workout boost. Also has 4.5g of creatine, but I use it for the caffeine kick.

- NO-Xplode - Not a bad supplement, but I liked energized expand better.

- Steak

shagnscoob

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
didnt you guys read the T-Nation article on NO-Explod? It's a scam.

DarthJuan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
BSN No Xplode: good stuff. The only thing I use anymore besides protein powder.

BSN protein powder: excellent taste. didn't really notice any benefit over N-Large2. I'm back to using N-Large2 protein shakes.

BSN Cellmass stack: didn't notice any benefits.

Liquid creatine: didn't notice anything.

Powder creatine: seemed to help a little. Helped me workout a little longer...I think.

HGH: no benefit.

Zinc: made me sleepy and horny.

Glutamine: I couldn't tell if it did any good.

I'm mostly about steaks and peanut butter sandwiches now. And NO Xplode for the pre-workout caffeine kick. And a shake post workout

BluEyes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What I take:

1) Whey concentrate, at breakfast, and during the day if I can't get to a chicken/steak/tuna serving.

2) Whey Isolate, always right after a workout only

3) Glutamine, always at breakfast with the shake, and after a workout

4) Creatine ethyl ester, always preworkout only

5) BCAA pills, always before morning walk, and before workout

6) Hydroxycut(fat burner), two pills pre-morning cardio, two pills at lunch, and one preworkout

7) green tea pills, always with breakfast.

8) multivitamin, including a few extra mineral pills, all at breakfast. thinking of saving some of them for postworkout though, havent gotten around to it yet.

--------

wow i take a lot of supplements

Don Waldo

Don Juan
Reaction score
So far out of all the supplements i've researched & tried these are by far the best...still many more to try out...but this is my 'best of' as of now...

-Whey Protein (Dymatize Elite) (Best Value/Taste)

-Casein Protein (Optimum Nutrition 'Casien Protein') (Best Value)

-Natural Test Booster (Get Diesel Nutrition 'Diesel Test')

-Nitric Oxide product (Controlled Labs 'White Blood')

-Creatine (Controlled Labs 'Green Magnitude/Green Bulge')

-Pre-Workout Energizer (Get Diesel Nutrition 'Ready 4 War' v.5.0)

-Fat Loss/Liver/Kidney Health (Scivation 'Sesamin) (not the "best" just my preferance)

-ZMA (Primaforce 'ZMA') (Best value)

-Multi-vitamin (Solaray 'Multi-Vitamin') (Preferance)

-ECDY(Ecdysterone) (Scivation 'Anagen')

-BCAA's (MRM 'BCAA+G) (Best value)

-Thermogenic/Mental Focus (Get Diesel Nutrition 'Diesel Fuel')

The following are not really a 'best of' but more or less essentials...All brands listed are Puritans Pride...Quality products with deals like buy 2 get 3 FREE...can't be beat!.....

-Bone Health/Fat Loss - Absorbable Calcium w/Vitamin D

-Anti-oxidant - Green Tea caps

-Super Anti-oxidant/Anti-Cancer - Turmeric/Curcumin

-Heart Health/Blood pressure control - Hawthorn Berries

-Prostate Health - Beta Sitosterol

-Heart Health - Omega 3 Fish Oil

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PeterNorthisawesome said:
I heard that NoExplode was good creatine supplement, can I get a actual testimonial?
I've been using N.O.-XPLODE for a few weeks now and have noticed a bit of a difference. Whether this is due to NO or not I couldn't tell you, because it's very possible it's just coming from working out harder than normal. I really don't buy into all of the hype about it making you get huge gains - the only reason I take it is so I have extra energy during my workout. A scoop and a half of that stuff (it actually tastes REALLY good... the fruit punch flavor at least) and within 30 minutes I can't wait to get to the gym. I have noticed that I get big pumps while I'm working out, but unless you plan on bringing your date to the gym with you then I wouldn't buy it for that alone - they're gone within a few hours. I've been following it up with CELLMASS, by the same company - right after each workout. To be honest, since I started taking both of these I've noticed a few pimples breaking out on my face, which is uncommon at this stage of my life. I don't know if it has anything to do with the products, but it may.

Read up on them here, just don't believe all the hype.
http://www.supplementsoutlet.com/bsnmastkinic.html

By the way, cellmass is the stuff high in creatine, noxplode is there for the pumps (well, pretty much).

I wouldn't mind reading that article that was mentioned by someone earlier. Link?

stronglifts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PeterNorthisawesome said:
A healthy and clean diet is essential to gaining mass and strength, if you don't have a good diet then don't waste your money on supplements. Supplements are suppose to aid your diet and workouts. I just wanted to make a thread dedicated to supplements. Please recommend any suppplements you took and it's benefits.

From personal experiance I would recommend...

- Whey Protein / Really good protein source.

The only supplements you need:
-Whey: because it's the cheapest protein
-fish oil

I train for 10 years, never used something else. If you got the money, drop all those supplements. Buy solid nutrition: lots of meat, veggies, fruits, healthy oils. Rest, sleep. Learn the lifts. Have a good training program.

That's all you need.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
stronglifts said:
The only supplements you need:
-Whey: because it's the cheapest protein
-fish oil
i agree. i add a multivitamin b/c i know that my diet tends to short certain nutrients & it's the cheapest way to fill in any gaps.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Throttle said:
i agree. i add a multivitamin b/c i know that my diet tends to short certain nutrients & it's the cheapest way to fill in any gaps.
http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-C00001-01c20VW.html

Just something to consider,it's cheap,has fiber & ALOT of natural Vitamin A & C. Then you could pound down some milk for your Calcuim and Vitamin D and milk is cheap.

I will contribute to the OP's point of this thread;

- http://bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html

Taste good, and I thought it helped. I took one scoop with 2 cups of fat free milk post workout. I ran out,stopped taking it,noticed nothing.

- http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/phy/kre.html

I swore by this stuff the first couple of days I took it. I thought it gave me size, and thus I pushed harder in my workouts. I bought a ton of this stuff cause it I thought it worked soo well......WASTE OF MY MONEY! I stopped taking it after two weeks just to see if anything would change.......and guess what......nothing changed.

- Muscle Fortress Creatine Monohydrate

A buddy took it so I thought I might as well. What a waste,all I did was gain weight(according to the scale).......Needless to say I finished off what I bought and never tried it again.

If anyone wants to buy my Kre-Alkalyn from me PM me and I will sell you it for cheap,GNC and bodybuilding.com sell that stuff for ALOT. They are unopened and are still sealed.

stronglifts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

simon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"RESULTS: No association was observed between multivitamin use and risk of localized prostate cancer. However, we found an increased risk of advanced and fatal prostate cancers (RR = 1.32, 95% CI = 1.04 to 1.67 and RR = 1.98, 95% CI = 1.07 to 3.66, respectively) among men reporting excessive use of multivitamins (more than seven times per week) when compared with never users. The incidence rates per 100,000 person-years for advanced and fatal prostate cancers for those who took a multivitamin more than seven times per week were 143.8 and 18.9, respectively, compared with 113.4 and 11.4 in never users. The positive associations with excessive multivitamin use were strongest in men with a family history of prostate cancer or who took individual micronutrient supplements, including selenium, beta-carotene, or zinc. CONCLUSION: These results suggest that regular multivitamin use is not associated with the risk of early or localized prostate cancer. The possibility that men taking high levels of multivitamins along with other supplements have increased risk of advanced and fatal prostate cancers is of concern and merits further evaluation."

What we can gather from this:

-Excessive intake of multivitamins increases the risk of advanced and fatal prostate cancer.
-Excessive intake of multivitamins doesn't increase the risk of early prostate cancer.

This shows that excessive multivitamin intake is associated with more rapid progression of prostate cancer, not associated with onset of prostate cancer. They don't indicate what 'excessive' use is, nor what was in the multivitamins that were taken.

The researchers themselves say "Differences between heavy users of multivitamins and nonusers that may not be controlled for in a study of this type may obscure the true relationship between multivitamin use and prostate cancer." and "Because multivitamin supplements consist of a combination of several vitamins and men using high levels of multivitamins were also more likely to take a variety of individual supplements, we were unable to identify or quantify individual components responsible for the associations that we observed."

From another recent study "...men with normal baseline prostate-specific antigen (PSA) levels (<3 µg/L), taking multivitamin–multimineral supplements containing a limited number of individual agents (vitamin C, beta-carotene, selenium, and zinc) markedly reduced prostate cancer risk compared with placebo (RR = 0.52, 95% CI = 0.29 to 0.92). However, a reduction in risk was not seen in men with elevated baseline PSA levels (RR = 1.54, 95% CI = 0.87 to 2.72)."

Things we should learn from this study:

- Don't believe the media hype. Epidemiological studies like this are notoriously unreliable as indicated by the conflicting reports. Investigate stuff for yourself.
- Multivitamin is no replacement for a healthy diet and lifestyle.
- Men with family history of prostate cancer should be getting frequent checkups anyway.
- All men should be getting frequent prostate checks.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not to hijack the thread but,more and more studies are coming out with negative side effects from vitamins in the long-term.

I'm no doctor but look at most Multi-Vitamins for a second,they are hard as heck,name any food that is hard like a Vitamin? That has to take some tole on your liver.

muscleman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Too much of anything is bad, come on now that's common knowledge.

All you really need:

food
water

and supplement with

whey
creatine

that's it. maybe a cheap multivitamin for kicks. I've spent hundreds on other supplements and IMO it's all placebo and more in your head than your body. right now I'm finishing up a tub of BCAAs I got, but I'm now questioning their effectiveness as well. just doesn't seem necessary

simon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
blinkwatt said:
Not to hijack the thread but,more and more studies are coming out with negative side effects from vitamins in the long-term.

I'm no doctor but look at most Multi-Vitamins for a second,they are hard as heck,name any food that is hard like a Vitamin? That has to take some tole on your liver.
Have you read any of the studies?

The rest of your post is stupid.

stronglifts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
simon said:
Things we should learn from this study:

- Don't believe the media hype. Epidemiological studies like this are notoriously unreliable as indicated by the conflicting reports. Investigate stuff for yourself.
- Multivitamin is no replacement for a healthy diet and lifestyle.
- Men with family history of prostate cancer should be getting frequent checkups anyway.
- All men should be getting frequent prostate checks.
Studies can never tell with will happen with you in 30 years because of what you did. Only time will tell.

Each should decide for his own, weighing the benefits & risks.

Good post Simon.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
blinkwatt said:
http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-C00001-01c20VW.html

Just something to consider,it's cheap,has fiber & ALOT of natural Vitamin A & C.
yeh...my mom's specifically allergic to cantaloupe so i've always avoided it.

as for multivitamins, i generally avoid anything that has significantly over 100% rda for anything but B-vitamins. they're definitely not all created equal, and i'm looking for little more than a minimum of insurance, esp. when i'm not getting enough fruit (which happens more than it should).

i really wish we could shift our livestock away from corn and back onto more natural diets, and in that presently unlikely scenario i suspect fish oil supplementation would be much less important. but the positive effects of balancing out your fats seem pretty indisputable to me at this point, even if the specifics are still being worked out